Josh Anderson

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Still true. If he wasn't, you'd constantly notice him on the ice instead of just a few plays here and there.

Well I constantly noticed him tonight. He's probably not 100%, there's a bit of his top gear missing, but this deep in the playoffs that would be normal for a lot of guys. His speed isn't cut in half like it was for most of the last couple months.

Reactions: Riddum

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
HFBoarders prefer skilled loafers who get goals because of pure skills over overworkers who are always in the right spot.

...I dunno if I'd classify Powerhorse as a guy who's "always in the right spot"...most of his goals are created by his ability to create space for himself...sometimes to his own detriment, as he also seems to suffer from tunnel-vision when the puck is on his stick and could probably have 3 times as many assists if he only kept his head up & saw the play better...hopefully the coaching staff point this out to him and he learns to create for others a bit more...other than that, we Habs fans are, for the most part, very happy he's here and Domi's gone...

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

SaintsThomas

May 16, 2017
...I dunno if I'd classify Powerhorse as a guy who's "always in the right spot"...most of his goals are created by his ability to create space for himself...sometimes to his own detriment, as he also seems to suffer from tunnel-vision when the puck is on his stick and could probably have 3 times as many assists if he only kept his head up & saw the play better...hopefully the coaching staff point this out to him and he learns to create for others a bit more...other than that, we Habs fans are, for the most part, very happy he's here and Domi's gone...

But that's the thing. Sometimes being in the right spot is driving the net no matter what. Sometimes it's being the first to the puck and creating the space you need, or drawing two defenseman against you and then making space for your teammate.

When you can do these plays regularly, consistently, good things will eventually happen. The sign of success is these battles, not necessarily the goals scored.

A sniper who can't do anything but snipe who is having trouble sniping can't work hard to get out of his bad spot.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Josh is always working hard on his game, he puts just as much time into the skill components as the top skilled guys do. So I don't think the coaches need to point it out to him. He just doesn't have great vision and he plays too fast to look around.* Perhaps the coaches could encourage him to try to occasionally slow plays down, protect pucks and look around more. I'd be curious though I have my doubts - that it might lead to better results than just charging the net and having teammates follow up for loose pucks.

One thing I've been suggesting to Habs fans all year is that he's not the type to put with Suzuki. Yeah he's a goal scorer, but he doesn't need help doing it, and he doesn't help others score much either. Instead he scores goals from scratch without much help. A guy who scores 25 like that in the bottom six is immensely valuable, worth a lot more than a topliner who scores 30.

* - my #1 reason why McDavid is a freak. How are you doing head-checks when you're approaching the net at 40 kmph?

Reactions: Archijerej

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
People are so hot and cold on Anderson. Some nights he doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but I always find he's a presence out there.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
People are so hot and cold on Anderson. Some nights he doesn't show up on the scoreboard, but I always find he's a presence out there.

Might be more so the contract that bother people but if he's helping you get memories like he did the other night you don't care so much about that now.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
25 to 30 goal winger with some size and speed...And paid just right what really is there not to like here??

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
He is worth that,he may have a couple of poison years towards the end of the deal..But nothing to crazy

He's not worth that now.

First 13 games: 9 goals, 2 assists, 11 points
Next 54 games: 8 goals, 5 assists, 13 points

He's been a non-factor offensively for awhile now, despite playing mostly in the top 6 with some PP time.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
He's not worth that now.

First 13 games: 9 goals, 2 assists, 11 points
Next 54 games: 8 goals, 5 assists, 13 points

He's been a non-factor offensively for awhile now, despite playing mostly in the top 6 with some PP time.
Ok he could be worth that??? lol

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Here's hoping he doesn't break a leg with the number of times he crashes the net... INTO THE NET. Can't say I dislike the effort, but the guy has such a poor hockey IQ it's incredible lol

Good thing he's big and strong!

Reactions: Et le But

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
25 to 30 goal winger with some size and speed...And paid just right what really is there not to like here??
I'm very skeptical a player with his limited hockey IQ and tendency to injury himself with his style of play is going to be a regularly 25-30 goal scorer.

Love what he adds to the team but that contract is rough.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad