Josh Anderson

Lolonegoal

Jan 25, 2012
Montreal's really splitting up their forward ice time. Guys not named Suzuki or Toffoli are getting under 15 minutes a game so individual numbers are down despite a good team results, and many good players like Danault and Gallagher are being used predominately in defensive situations. Anderson's looked good and speedy on many rushes and adds grit. Not sure why the production isn't there.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Zorro

Aug 5, 2011
Montreal's really splitting up their forward ice time. Guys not named Suzuki or Toffoli are getting under 15 minutes a game so individual numbers are down despite a good team results, and many good players like Danault and Gallagher are being used predominately in defensive situations. Anderson's looked good and speedy on many rushes and adds grit. Not sure why the production isn't there.

I think he's forcing the play a little. He needs to get the monkey off his back but for now he needs to throw his body/weight around to be effective. The goals will come.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
creepy/sweaty statement that I'm not gonna try to match

Because you can't. There's nothing you can say to someone who obviously knows his game 100x better.

I don't like to use argument from authority but after four pages of this crap I'm just calling it like it is.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Why is it only fans of other teams that feels like it's a bad contract? We're fine. You guys have way more to worry about. Like having Travis Green for another season.

Strange, most fans/analysts that watch Van think Green is one of the bright spots. This just seems like someone who doesn't watch hockey trying to come up with a random snappy comeback.

It's like someone telling you Suzuki's trajectory is concerning, it doesn't really make much sense.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
I can't get into specifics because I can't provide a source, but let me just say that hypothetically Anderson suffered an "upper body injury" in Edmonton. Decided to play through it next game, got "something" frozen and had a pretty solid outing but that had considerable difficulty after that with his shot, his passing and his physicality, on one side, greatly impacted. The inability to rest due to their schedule meant the injury didn't heal though he managed to not make it worse either.

The time off between the end of the season and the start of playoffs provided much needed rest and he felt considerably better (though still partially frozen) and seemed to bounce back in Game 1 against Toronto only to re-aggravate the injury that same game doing something totally unnecessary after a whistle late in the game.

Hypothetically, he is in fact playing hurt.

If this is breaking any rules, please erase it.

Last edited:

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Strange, most fans/analysts that watch Van think Green is one of the bright spots. This just seems like someone who doesn't watch hockey trying to come up with a random snappy comeback.

It's like someone telling you Suzuki's trajectory is concerning, it doesn't really make much sense.

When the Canucks played the Habs, I saw a coach that was not quick to adapt. They never ever found solutions to beat the Habs during the whole season. If the Canucks ever become a Top team, it won't be with Green.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I can't get into specifics because I can't provide a source, but let me just say that hypothetically Anderson suffered an "upper body injury" in Edmonton. Decided to play through it next game, got "something" frozen and had a pretty solid outing but that had considerable difficulty after that with his shot, his passing and his physicality, on one side, greatly impacted. The inability to rest due to their schedule meant the injury didn't heal though he managed to not make it worse either.

The time off between the end of the season and the start of playoffs provided much needed rest and he felt considerably better (though still partially frozen) and seemed to bounce back in Game 1 against Toronto only to re-aggravate the injury that same game doing something totally unnecessary after a whistle late in the game.

I mean that's not surprising at all. That's just Josh Anderson things. He spends less than half of his time at 100%. But for that very reason I'm miffed that they didn't rest him down the stretch. He is so much better when he gets rest. Two of his best games of the year were game 1 of the regular season and game 1 of the playoffs. I suppose Tampa also made Hedman play through injury too. I don't get it. This is a player that needs to be actively managed with the long run in mind.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I mean that's not surprising at all. That's just Josh Anderson things. He spends less than half of his time at 100%. But for that very reason I'm miffed that they didn't rest him down the stretch. He is so much better when he gets rest. Two of his best games of the year were game 1 of the regular season and game 1 of the playoffs. I suppose Tampa also made Hedman play through injury too. I don't get it. This is a player that needs to be actively managed with the long run in mind.

...if they sit Anderson during the final stretch, Habs may have missed the Playoffs...so no rest for Powerhorse...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
...if they sit Anderson during the final stretch, Habs may have missed the Playoffs...so no rest for Powerhorse...

Okay, I forgot it was close, and that they didn't know how many games Calgary would win after the Habs were done. Maybe it's hindsight talking but I'd like them to take the gamble and rest him, he wasn't helping much anyways.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Didn't like the reckless move when he tried to beat the defenseman and crashed into the boards. The way he took that crash was scary hard.

He needs to step back from the reckless bull mentality.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011

Hypothetically he is not that good

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
When the Canucks played the Habs, I saw a coach that was not quick to adapt. They never ever found solutions to beat the Habs during the whole season. If the Canucks ever become a Top team, it won't be with Green.
Eh, I'm not going to read too much into this season for Vancouver, it was pretty much a perfect storm of everything going wrong at once. The Habs games were lopsided, but much less so if Toffoli isn't randomly scoring at a Prime Ovi pace out of nowhere.

Last season in the bubble he was arguably the most adaptable coach there, completely changed the team's playstyle to grind it out to game 7 against a far superior Vegas team. I don't think he's top tier level coach, I just thought it was a strange thing to pick out as an insult, when I mean... look at the season the team just had lol, it was a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->