Josh Anderson

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
He's really just not that good. GMs and fans get excited because players like him check boxes like big, fast, shoots well but he has horrible tunnel vision and is a poor player playing in a 5 man unit.

Alex Tuch also suffers from bad tunnel vision but he at least uses his tools with a lot more consistency. To be effective Anderson has to play like a runaway bull, and playing that style gets you injured. Power forwards often don't have long careers for that reason. Hopefully for him he can avoid more concussions, the way Ferland's career has ended is a shame.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
He's really just not that good. GMs and fans get excited because players like him check boxes like big, fast, shoots well but he has horrible tunnel vision and is a poor player playing in a 5 man unit.

Alex Tuch also suffers from bad tunnel vision but he at least uses his tools with a lot more consistency. To be effective Anderson has to play like a runaway bull, and playing that style gets you injured. Power forwards often don't have long careers for that reason. Hopefully for him he can avoid more concussions, the way Ferland's career has ended is a shame.

That pretty sums it up. I think Anderson is having a little bit of unlucky. he had some prime chance that he created by himself cutting down the middle. He just doesn't have a great hockey IQ and only has 1 speed. he needs to start slowing down and play with tempo a little bit more. He's a pure South-north player and would probably exel on a checking line with Danault and gallagher, just like Patch exelled there.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
LOL. Brutal. He's been invisible most nights, all through these playoffs. And 24 pts in 52 games this year in the regular season. All that for 5.5M for 7 more years.

What's worse? Overpaying Mitch Marner by 1.5M/year for 4 more years? Or Josh Anderson by 1.5M/year for 7 more years?

I know what MY answer is. But I also know what HF posters will say. :D
This is the playoff forum, why are you trying to talk about the Maple Leafs? I don't see Habs fans raiding your boards to talk about their golf game, stay in your lane.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
This is the playoff forum, why are you trying to talk about the Maple Leafs? I don't see Habs fans raiding your boards to talk about their golf game, stay in your lane.

Uh, EVERYONE here talks about the Leafs 24/7, Man. Haven't you ever read the boards? :)

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Last 11 games of regular season = 0 pts
12 playoffs games = 1 goal

1 pt in 23 last games. Injury or not something has to happen with him.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Bad contract the moment it was signed. If he could stay healthy it would be fine for a few years but he always seems to be injured. His style of play won’t age well imo.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
He's a 20 goal 2nd/3rd line guy with speed and size. His contract is fine provided he stays healthy for most of it.

Big if. Anderson has only completed an 82 game season once in his career, and has only scored 20 goals once.

Obviously his pace has been in that range, but I’m not sure we can call him a legitimate dependable 20 goal guy.

I still like the acquisition for the Habs, just thought they overpaid in a covid flat cap era.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He still skates well , he can still forecheck . Could probably be a lack of confidence. Let's not forget he was traded for Domi....

Are you blind bud? He's at half his top speed. Josh came up as a checker, he works as hard as he can without thought, confidence isn't a big issue for players like that. It's not like a scorer mindset like Domi where he slows down if the puck isn't going in.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Bad contract the moment it was signed. If he could stay healthy it would be fine for a few years but he always seems to be injured. His style of play won’t age well imo.

Why is it only fans of other teams that feels like it's a bad contract? We're fine. You guys have way more to worry about. Like having Travis Green for another season.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I also can’t remember a tape to tape pass to him as he’s accelerating out of the zone. I can’t tell if he is leaving early, if everyone is out of synch or if it’s a strategy to never pass to him (or hardly anyone) on the rush but to only try and get the D to back up and open center ice while they either skate in or dump.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad