Josh Anderson

Scorlov

May 17, 2021
1 goal, -4 through 11 games despite being considered the prototypical playoff power forward.

Has he been better than the numbers indicate as far as physical play, forechecking, PK, whatever, or a nonfactor in every way?

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
1 goal, -4 through 11 games despite being considered the prototypical playoff power forward.

Has he been better than the numbers indicate as far as physical play, forechecking, PK, whatever, or a nonfactor in every way?

He's not a PK guy.

He hits, he clears space on the ice. He's been physical but he's clearly nursing an upper body injury that makes his shooting and passing look horrible. He can't hit the net at all.

Some is that his line is not clicking but he's part of that.

He's noticable night after night but he hasn't been producing at all.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

Big Josh is always a better player than his boxcar stats would tell you, but he's also below his healthy level right now.

He has been missing a gear since the early part of the Toronto series. Remember how incredibly fast he was in game 1? He's much slower now, like an average player's speed but with his too-wide turning radius. He's just been wiring pucks off the glass too, like not even close to putting them on net. I hope the rest between series will give him a boost. He's such a treat to watch but it's really hard for him to stay at a high level with his playstyle.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Vegas is probably asking themselves the same thing. They're going to have to keep an eye on him.

Subbanned

Nov 4, 2011
He brings a lot to the table but honestly not as much as some of these broadcasts would have you believe. In the grander context of the realities of our team (not a true contender on a yearly basis, aging players on big contracts) that contract is going to look awful before long

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
He's been better than those numbers suggest. He is a useful player even when he doesn't score.

Now if he just pots a couple against the Knights, it'd be huge.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
He has been hurt since game 1 against the Leafs. I hope the extra rest helps him heal a bit. I think if he plays like he did game 1 against the leafs hes the one thats going to lead the Habs offence.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
He came out like a beast game 1 against the Leafs and was a key to get that win. Clearly though he’s nursing a couple injuries. Hopefully the week off did the trick. When he’s on and healthy he’s a force to be reckoned with.

Reactions: Gravity

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Even if he doesn't put points, he still mess with the other teams defense and hit other player hard. He contributes in his own way, and we are winning games.

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Anderson is a streaky player and it seems to relate to how banged up he is. He goes 110% but then he gets hurt we think and takes his foot off the pedal for a few games.

Hes terrible and so is Byron. Kotkaniemis alone out there, as usual, as he gets the scraps.
I wouldn’t call Anderson and Byron scraps. Though I do think that the 3 players don’t complement each other well, but that’s a a topic for another thread.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario

Injured, I'm not aging you haven't but if you have been watching him play closely you can make a out a leg injury pretty quickly.

He hasn't been as explosive in terms obfskating and historically has been a playoff guy, Tampa when they got swept referred to him as a runaway train they couldn't answer.

Hopefully the week off coupled with Game 4 being arguably his best game against Winnipeg helps him out.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Not many guys in the league of his size that can move and shoot and pass as well as him

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Definitely playing hurt, not even finishing his checks like he was early on in the Toronto series. Hopefully this week off gives it enough time to heal up but I doubt it. We will learn more when the playoffs are over but my guess is it’s a shoulder injury.

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019

He's been underwhelming. One good game and then completely invisible for three.

And each year of this awful contract, he's gonna get worse.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He brings a lot to the table but honestly not as much as some of these broadcasts would have you believe. In the grander context of the realities of our team (not a true contender on a yearly basis, aging players on big contracts) that contract is going to look awful before long

Josh actually was the best player on the ice in the first game, so they wouldn't be wrong to take notice of that. They should also take note that he hasn't been very effective since then.

Reactions: Canadienna

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->