Player Discussion Jordie Benn

Status
Not open for further replies.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Maybe a young player that is waiting to have his chance like when we had Danault ?

Prospect + 3/4th pick
That would be called hitting the jackpot. I don't think the interest for benn is high. Best bet is to find a team that needs a spare bottom RD just in case for the playoffs and work with what they have.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
That would be called hitting the jackpot. I don't think the interest for benn is high. Best bet is to find a team that needs a spare bottom RD just in case for the playoffs and work with what they have.

If they are more then one team that one a veteran steady 3rd pair defenseman we could be surprise of the return ! He is the kind of player DG wants to add to there team at the deadline and with the season he’s having and with his low cap hit, I think they will more then 1 team interested.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Trade him to Pittsburgh.

He'll join new teammate Tristan Jarry and together they'll be known as "Benn & Jarry's". :sarcasm:

Interesting enough, last TDL, Francois Gagnon had tweeted that Benn was traded to Pens but he didn't know what the return was. We now know that didn't happen. But I remember reading his tweet. Moments later, they announced that they traded Morrow to Jets for a 4th.

I'd be extremely surprised if Benn isn't traded by deadline. I think his play the last few weeks has upped his value. Where I thought that he would probably bring in a 5th or a 4th, I think now he can bring in a 3rd.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Interesting enough, last TDL, Francois Gagnon had tweeted that Benn was traded to Pens but he didn't know what the return was. We now know that didn't happen. But I remember reading his tweet. Moments later, they announced that they traded Morrow to Jets for a 4th.

I'd be extremely surprised if Benn isn't traded by deadline. I think his play the last few weeks has upped his value. Where I thought that he would probably bring in a 5th or a 4th, I think now he can bring in a 3rd.
A third would be pretty good but I'd honestly prefer an Armia type trade. Get a useful bottom 6 guy who can fit long term for basically nothing. Take in a cap dump and get a couple picks on top

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
I always thought he was solid reliable 5th NHL defensive-Dman and sort of better of the rest after Petry, took some time to prove it, the rest are to me 6th/7th D, including the ones that we now sent in the AHL. Hopefully, our younger Ds surpass him pretty soon; he shouldn't be playing 20+ minutes.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Mete Weber
Kulak Petry
Benn Folin
Reilly Juulsen

That’s not including any newly acquired D which would be difficult to see us not getting. That’s not stacked but certainly no current holes in the lineup for a prospect to take. He’d have to beat out a player and earn it at this point.
No current holes? lol...That defensive group is terrible. Juulsen? Lol, the hell has he done? Folin..Benn...Jeez Louizz...
He needs to beat out Benn? Oh lordy lord, how will he ever manage to do that!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
No current holes? lol...That defensive group is terrible. Juulsen? Lol, the hell has he done? Folin..Benn...Jeez Louizz...
Some people need to raise their standards, LOL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Does any one else love
Mete-Petry
Romonov-Brook
(draft/system/trade)-Juulsen

But also realize Webers time will end eventually and most likely before they become top 4 D?

Does trading Weber make sense to solidify our D core for many many years? I don't even know myself im just thinking thoughts....

Trading Weber is a good move if we get the return we want. However, he is our captain and I don't believe they do it. Not with Bergevin as our GM. I think that talk might happen if we have a set back year next year but if we continue to be a fringe wild card team in the next two seasons, Weber is here to stay. Not sure what happens in the expansion draft cause he will be 36 and 37 in the two seasons after.

Romanov with Brook down the road does appear to be a fit for our potential top pairing. Without Weber, I see it this way...

Romanov / Brook
???? / Petry
Mete / Juulsen

Fleury

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Trading Weber is a good move if we get the return we want. However, he is our captain and I don't believe they do it. Not with Bergevin as our GM. I think that talk might happen if we have a set back year next year but if we continue to be a fringe wild card team in the next two seasons, Weber is here to stay. Not sure what happens in the expansion draft cause he will be 36 and 37 in the two seasons after.

Romanov with Brook down the road does appear to be a fit for our potential top pairing. Without Weber, I see it this way...

Romanov / Brook
???? / Petry
Mete / Juulsen

Fleury

I think within the next 2-3 years we will ride Weber-Petry-Mete as our top-3 while everyone is developping. I definitely could see Bergevin giving some good money to Edler for 2-3 years to strengthen the top-4. Don't forget Alzner is also signed for 3 more years, I wouldn't be surprised to see him rebound to be honest. With Price playing well and all our depth up front, I think that D could hold up for the time being.

After the expansion draft is when I think we will see most of our prospects become regular. I think Weber, Alzner, Petry and (Edler) would be gone by then. So yeah, Brook, Romanov, Mete, Juulsen and Fleury should be our main cogs with maybe a UFA or trade for a veteran added in.

Worst comes to worst Weber is staying and is basically our #6 guy

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016

Can’t deny Benn is having a terrific season, whether you like him or not.

20 points and played well on both side of the rink. I think any team would take the Benn of this year on their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad