Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I don't want him back. Still would have dealt him for a pick at the deadline. He's as schizophrenic as they come.

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA
Sure is a huge part of this teams offense especially down the stretch and now in the playoffs and proving a lot of people wrong.

Last 10 games and need I remind, all we’re critical.

7 goals
3 assists

Reactions: Keyserfrans

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
One thing I've noticed in the 5 games I attended this season where I could watch his shifts: Ebs competes every shift. Sometimes he gets overpowered or gets too fancy. But he plays hard, and has a nose for the net. Hasn't been getting results (until this week :) ) but Trotz has made him a better all around player.

Reactions: CupHolders

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
Very disappointing that with his top 6 icetime and fairly healthy season, he puts up such a disappointing season.

I do not want him back. Turn the page and spend his $6m salary elsewhere.

I STLL think $6M is to much but, i want him back + Lee + Brock

Unless he absolutely kills it in the playoffs, I hope he isn't expecting a big contract from any of the NHL teams this summer.

Well, how do you like him so far...? i know, dumb question :D

I can't think of one good reason to re-sign him.

but playoffs...

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Like anything else it all depends. I wouldn't mind Eberle back at a certain price and term. Would like other options at a certain price and term too. I prefer the hall-of-fame GM and coaching to decide on that; rather than me, or any of you lovable schmucks! :)

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sure is a huge part of this teams offense especially down the stretch and now in the playoffs and proving a lot of people wrong.

Last 10 games and need I remind, all we’re critical.

7 goals
3 assists
So we should ignore his offensive disappearing act the first 3/4 of the season?

JT27

Dec 30, 2018
Eberle has a history of great performances in championship tournaments when he was a junior and was rated as the top Canadian World Juniors player of the past 40 years (in 2012). Some players thrive in playoff situations and this is the first time in his NHL career that he's been on a competent playoff team; his 4 points in the first 2 games this year might be an indication of his returning to his stellar Junior Worlds form.

Jordan Eberle Named Top Canadian World Juniors Player of the Past 40 Years

Reactions: Hagstrom

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Lee, Nelson, Eberle, at least 1 of those guys is not coming back, before the series I would have said it is Eberle but if he is going to keep it up how can you allow him to walk? sadly I think Lee could be the odd man out as I am sure a team is going to give him a big deal and I am not sure it is worth it to go heavy on him

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Lee, Nelson, Eberle, at least 1 of those guys is not coming back, before the series I would have said it is Eberle but if he is going to keep it up how can you allow him to walk? sadly I think Lee could be the odd man out as I am sure a team is going to give him a big deal and I am not sure it is worth it to go heavy on him

This is probably the least expected outcome a month ago but now is probably the most likely, but would not be surprised to see Brock elsewhere and Eberle to be the lone one that stays along with Lehner.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
This is probably the least expected outcome a month ago but now is probably the most likely, but would not be surprised to see Brock elsewhere and Eberle to be the lone one that stays along with Lehner.
I respectfully disagree, can you imagine losing two captains in consecutive years! How would that look around the league with this new management group. Also we need centers and Brock has been much more consistent this year than Eberle you can’t risk losing a center as you have no idea how we will fair in F/A. Wingers can be attained easier then centers IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad