Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I am fairly well versed on baseball metrics and some of the advanced numbers/player profilers used for the NFL, since I play in competitive fantasy leagues for those sports and I am always trying to find an edge or spot a potential trend.

Obviously Eberle's offense and current point total this year is very disappointing, but aren't his Corsi and Fenwick numbers relatively good? Especially on the Isles and among their forwards? And doesn't his PDO or luck say that he is getting very unlucky as well?

Just curious what some of the more knowledgeable number people see and can tell us about Eberle's game.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
I am fairly well versed on baseball metrics and some of the advanced numbers/player profilers used for the NFL, since I play in competitive fantasy leagues for those sports and I am always trying to find an edge or spot a potential trend.

Obviously Eberle's offense and current point total this year is very disappointing, but aren't his Corsi and Fenwick numbers relatively good? Especially on the Isles and among their forwards? And doesn't his PDO or luck say that he is getting very unlucky as well?

Just curious what some of the more knowledgeable number people see and can tell us about Eberle's game.

I'm not sure about the metrics but Trotz benched him down the stretch against the Wings. He clearly doesn't trust Eberle to help protect a lead. The fact that he plays Nelson but benches Eberle speaks volumes.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
From the main boards (I didn't check numbers):
Since joining the league in 2010-11, Jordan Eberle has 458 PTS in 623 Games Played.

He sits 31st in the NHL for points since that season. Ahead of Jeff Skinner, Ryan O'Reilly, James Neal.

He's one point behind Matt Duchene in that same time period.

He's got a higher PPG than Gabriel Landeskog, Jeff Carter and Rick Nash.
Peter Chiarelli is the worst GM in NHL history, including Mike Milbury.

Really hope LL and BT are evaluating the options thoroughly: whether he fits and what can we get for him if not. He is definitely worth more than a 2nd rounder.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Reactions: Kevin27NYI

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Gotta bump this. Guy is losing money every day he takes the ice and produces nothing. I've been wondering what his next contract will look like, it cant possibly start with a 6 in front of it and I wouldn't want LL to pay him anything more than $5M, if that-but sure there will be one team out there that will pony up stupid money.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Gotta bump this. Guy is losing money every day he takes the ice and produces nothing. I've been wondering what his next contract will look like, it cant possibly start with a 6 in front of it and I wouldn't want LL to pay him anything more than $5M, if that-but sure there will be one team out there that will pony up stupid money.

If he can't play in the system, no reason to keep him. $4.5 maximum from me right now.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
He’s silky smooth and skilled but he hasn’t produced this year. Unfortunately like many isles forwards. Maybe it takes some adjusting to Trotz system? Idk. The offense has been a ghost on this team.

hockeyguru13

Feb 27, 2019
These kind of guys, need to be routinely moved a year before free agency to at least get a 2nd round pick back. Most forwards, are not going to be resignable at UFA prices. Look at Mat Martin, Even he was looked at as a waste of money to give him what Toronto was going to give him. THe team, needed to pick and choose its players last offseason for the next few years. If they could of got a 1st and a 3rd for LEE last summer, a 2nd for Eberle, and a 2nd for Nelson, assuming they didn't want to sign them long term, ...well the offseason would be looking much better with more ammo to make trades, move up in the draft, instead they will miss the playoffs, or get wiped out in the first round and maybe overpay for one of these forwards, then go do another overpayment on someone elses overpaid free agent forward.

Reactions: Newsworthy

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
He’s silky smooth and skilled but he hasn’t produced this year. Unfortunately like many isles forwards. Maybe it takes some adjusting to Trotz system? Idk. The offense has been a ghost on this team.

Very disappointing that with his top 6 icetime and fairly healthy season, he puts up such a disappointing season.

I do not want him back. Turn the page and spend his $6m salary elsewhere.

Reactions: IslandersGER

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I think it's telling that we've devoted only 10 pages to the Eberle thread in his time here. We've talked more about guys who never made the team....

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Unless he absolutely kills it in the playoffs, I hope he isn't expecting a big contract from any of the NHL teams this summer.

Barzy96

Jun 30, 2018
Definitely time to move on from him. He gets muscled off the puck so easily and teams take advantage of it. Not worth the money.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007

There's just no way that Lou resigns Eberle. He's making 6M/year now and some foolish team is going to give him something close to that.

Eberle has above average hands/hockey sense/skating, but he simply cannot drive a line. He needs to be a complimentary player and there are better ways to spend 6M/year.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
There's just no way that Lou resigns Eberle. He's making 6M/year now and some foolish team is going to give him something close to that.

Eberle has above average hands/hockey sense/skating, but he simply cannot drive a line. He needs to be a complimentary player and there are better ways to spend 6M/year.
I can't think of one good reason to re-sign him.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad