Player Discussion: Jordan Eberle

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I've been very happy with his play so far. He's been hustling and definitely not as soft as some people say. Large upgrade over Strome so far.
I agree. He has not shown to be the player I thought, or had heard, we were getting, soft, not willing to go to the dirty areas, floater. He’s been good. Hopefully he keeps it up all season.

Reactions: SI90

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I've been very happy with his play so far. He's been hustling and definitely not as soft as some people say. Large upgrade over Strome so far.
If you have read his post trade comments you realize he is playing with a chip on his shoulder.That is fine.What ever makes him play harder.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I agree. He has not shown to be the player I thought, or had heard, we were getting, soft, not willing to go to the dirty areas, floater. He’s been good. Hopefully he keeps it up all season.
I was surprised last night watching him, I was expecting Nelson on steroids but he's impressed so far.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Maybe he was worth a Hamonic after all lol

Still early but if he gets his usual 20+ goals and 50+ points that's a nice trade of with Strome.

I'm praying for 60+ points and 30 goals.

Reactions: NYI JT91

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
He makes decisions quicker, especially when it comes down to when he should pass or shoot...I like that..usually our guys take 2-3 seconds before ...instead of instant decision.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I was surprised last night watching him, I was expecting Nelson on steroids but he's impressed so far.

CddcsORUEAAm76o.jpg

Reactions: MartinMcc

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I am not overly impressed so far. He had every reason to come out looking to make Edmonton regret dumping him. I am not seeing the payout.

Reactions: Svengoolie

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
He looks fine to me. Had some great opportunities and hasn't had any luck with them going in. Once he pots one I think the floodgates will open. He's actually better defensively than I thought he would be, but still gets lost in the defensive zone sometimes. He'll be fine.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
He looks really good in my opinion. Only thing that hasn't come has obviously been the scoring, but besides that he's been everything I've expected him to be.

I think the difference with him and Ladd the first few months was that Ladd was completely invisible. Eberle is actually creating opportunities around him.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Does he look like a $6m player?

In this league, at these prices of course. In a reality where athletes aren't overpaid, of course not.

He's driving offense, creating opportunities and doing pretty much what other 6 million dollar players do. He doesn't look any better or worse than other guys in his pay group like Ryan, Turris, Wheeler et. al.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Got nothing to say negative. Honestly him and JT need a bounce, they've had chances but results aren't there. Eberle has had better speed than I thought and his backhand is a new weapon we haven't had since like Yashin.

But I still would swap him and Bailey.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think he's been playing very well TBH. He's had some great saves against him and he has set up his teammates very nicely but they weren't able to bury the chances.

I expected Eberle to score goals and I am sure he will. Too much skill for him not to.
I simply do not think he is worth $6m per. Then again neither Ladd or Boychuk are worth their salaries either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->