Jonathan Drouin vs William Nylander

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Yes I would because he walked out on his team when he did not get his way.
Nylander walked out on his team at the beginning of this year because he didn't get his way. He missed 28 NHL games. Drouin missed a couple AHL games. Not the same. Nylander situation was clearly much worse

Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Nylander walked out on his team at the beginning of this year because he didn't get his way. He missed 28 NHL games. Drouin missed a couple AHL games. Not the same. Nylander situation was clearly much worse
Actually, exercising your right to negotiate a contract is in the CBA. I don’t like that it took until Dec 1 either, but that’s the rule.

Drouin didn’t report when under contact. There’s a very big difference between the two.

NiL8r87

Jun 30, 2009
3 points. 2 of then in one game 12 games ago.

So 1 goal the past 12 games for 10 million touch. For that price you better have some numbers on the score sheet along side the advanced stats.

"Who do you guys think will be the better player for the next 10 years?"

*Looks at last month's worth of stats for each player*

"Drouin AINEC!"

Reactions: jasonleaffan

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
"Who do you guys think will be the better player for the next 10 years?"

*Looks at last month's worth of stats for each player*

"Drouin AINEC!"

Lol. I voted for Nylander you peasant.

Doesn't excuse the fact that untol this point Nylander has taken advantage of the Leafs by mailing in his performance since he signed

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Are you being serious? lol

Drouin sat out a few ahl games because he wanted to be traded.
Nylander sat out 28 nhl games because he wanted more money.

What Nylander did is way worse than what Drouin did. Not even close...

Nope. One had a contract, the other did not. I think breeching a contract is WAYY worse.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA

Nylander DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT. The hate shines through here.
Drouin did have one, when he walked out.

Its apples and oranges.

Reactions: Menzinger

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Are you being serious? lol

Drouin sat out a few ahl games because he wanted to be traded.
Nylander sat out 28 nhl games because he wanted more money.

What Nylander did is way worse than what Drouin did. Not even close...

Disagree completely...Drouin was under contract and walked out after a demotion. Nylander was unsigned and waited to get paid what he thought he was owed.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Wow I don't know what else to say. I don't recall Nylander coming to training camp and leaving because they could not agree at the time on his new contract.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
In his 1st full season Nylander got more points than Drouin ever has. In his second full season, he did that again.
Nylander easily.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Hes right. Drouin felt entitled to play in the NHL despite his team feelng he wasn't ready. Nylander simply wanted to get paid fairly. It's a business game. There's no reason why he should take a pay cut so the leafs can spend more on Marner and Matthews

Was what Dubas and the leafs were offering not fair?

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
I've never liked Drouin at all but hes decent enough offensively. I dont think hes gotten as many opportunities as Nylander to play with good players, but he also hasnt done as much as Nylander either. I think if you switched their spots you would end up with relatively similar results.

Pretty even 1st/2nd line wingers

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I've never liked Drouin at all but hes decent enough offensively. I dont think hes gotten as many opportunities as Nylander to play with good players, but he also hasnt done as much as Nylander either. I think if you switched their spots you would end up with relatively similar results.

Pretty even 1st/2nd line wingers
Drouin was on a team that went to the Stanley Cup Final in his rookie season when he had played 70 games in the NHL and 6 playoff games. So he's played with some good players for that to have happened.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Drouin was on a team that went to the Stanley Cup Final in his rookie season when he had played 70 games in the NHL and 6 playoff games. So he's played with some good players for that to have happened.

Yeah but he actually kinda got buried down the line up in his rookie year because the team was so good. He wasnt playing big offensive minutes then. He was in a third line role playing 13 mins a game.

Drouin's situation that season was not as good as Nylander has had since breaking into the NHL, being glued to Matthews wing from the get go, playing top 6 minutes and getting over 2 mins a game on the PP. Drouin had good players on his team, but he didnt really play with them

Reactions: Yasuo

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Both are overrated but I’d go with Nylander. He still has a reasonable chance at improving his defensive game to an adequate level, and has shown flashes of good defensive play, unlike Drouin.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I used to be a lot higher on Drouin but have cooled on him of late. Though he is on a 60 pt pace this year, I expected more from Drouin because I thought rather highly of him. If Nylander gets back to his 60 pt status, he is a soft player being paid 7M per. Both have tested their coach's patience so you have that too. Not crazy about both players, but Drouin's contract at significantly 1.5 less per year makes him the choice. Good poll here for 2 talented players with warts.

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad