Jonathan Drouin vs William Nylander

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
They’re close enough that in a vacuum I don’t think you could go wrong with either at this point

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Ask me this last year Nyl... now I’m not sure. I need to see the rest of his season to get an accurate pick.

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Nylander's stock is falling because he has poor offensive numbers after that contract saga, but the guy scored 61 points in each of his first two seasons and has good advanced stats this season. When he returns to form, he will at least be a 60 point player. Is Drouin's upside higher than his? It's possible.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Drouin AINEC

Your post history and your avatar make it quite clear that you hate the Leafs, which is fine. I have teams that I can't stand either. But posts like this hurt your credibility because it shows a real lack of objectivity.

Anyways, this is pretty close either way. Nylander has had a bit more success and has generally posted better numbers than Drouin, but he also plays with Matthews, a talent that Drouin obviously doesn't have the benefit of lining up beside in Montreal. When he did play with Stamkos in Tampa, he posted 53 points in 73 games (prorated to 60 points over 82 games), which is extremely similar to Nylander's best totals to date.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Slight edge to Drouin. This is an interesting comparison with the turmoil surrounding each one (Nylander's contract dispute which has lead to rust since he's returned, plus Drouin being forced to play center).

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
I like both players. When Nylander starts vlicking his gonna make lots of people look stupid. Picked him but its really close. Homer vote on toss up...i guarantee both players will score 70 pts in a season soon within 3 years

DropIt

Oct 21, 2009
Red Deer, AB
55.9% CF% and just 6.1% oiSH% after 15 games. He looked rusty at first but not so much anymore.
3 points. 2 of then in one game 12 games ago.

So 1 goal the past 12 games for 10 million touch. For that price you better have some numbers on the score sheet along side the advanced stats.

Reactions: Peggy

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Drouin slightly. Both players really need to significantly improve certain aspects of their games though. Offensively skilled but defensive play needs work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad