Jonathan Drouin vs William Nylander

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Hes right. Drouin felt entitled to play in the NHL despite his team feelng he wasn't ready. Nylander simply wanted to get paid fairly. It's a business game. There's no reason why he should take a pay cut so the leafs can spend more on Marner and Matthews

It was also a business decisison for Drouin.

elmaco

Feb 1, 2017
18 and 3 for Nylander, playing less than Kapanen a night. This is Drouin ainec.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Don't know who to take in this soft off. Think Nylander has the better career.

I agree with the bolded especially. I’m a Habs fan and have defended Drouin’s season but neither one of these guys is a player I’d feel confident going to war (playoffs).

It only Gallagher’s compete level could rub off on Drouin and someone like Kapanen’s compete level could rub off on Nylander, they’d be much better assets.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I agree with the bolded especially. I’m a Habs fan and have defended Drouin’s season but neither one of these guys is a player I’d feel confident going to war (playoffs).

It only Gallagher’s compete level could rub off on Drouin and someone like Kapanen’s compete level could rub off on Nylander, they’d be much better assets.

Saw off??
Drouin has never done what Nylander has done on either side of the puck, and still isn't on pace to do so.
Close but no.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Saw off??
Drouin has never done what Nylander has done on either side of the puck, and still isn't on pace to do so.
Close but no.
Soft off, not saw off.

If the person I quoted meant to type saw off, that’s not the point inward trying to make. Unjust don’t feel either guy is a player I’d depend on to continually step in a playoff atmosphere.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Nylander put up more in his rookie year than Drouin did in his career?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Drouin had 14 pts in 17 games and was one of tampas best forward last time he was in the playoffs.
Just saying

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Drouin has the better salary, better production and better hockey hair.

Game set match, Drouin.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Drouin has the better salary, better production and better hockey hair.

Game set match, Drouin.
This year, no other year. Nylander 1st 2 years he scored more than Drouin has in a longer career.

That's why Drouin's salary is "Better", he has scored a lot less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad