Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Most players on our team have flaws to their game.

Like NOT having the ability to score 30 lol. Because galchenyuk isint a 23 y/o ppg superstar he's expendable to a super talented team like Montreal

yup no need for any measly 0.6 career ppg players on a historic franchise like montreal get good kid

Reactions: Runner77

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Who cares if progression is minor if what you have is already a good player?

Looking at the roster, the habs wouldn’t be hurt by having more good players.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Drouin barely outproduced a rookie defensemen and will probably plateau as a soft one dimensional 55 point player.

I think Drouin can give more. 60 points or more this season i predict. He can be a 70 points if he is more consistent, he got the talent but he need to work on his consistency.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I think Drouin can give more. 60 points or more this season i predict. He can be a 70 points if he is more consistent, he got the talent but he need to work on his consistency.

Out of curisosity what did you predict he'd put up last season?

Personally I don't see anyone hitting 60 on our team regardless of how talented they are. We just don't have defence to move the puck to the forwards.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
You might want to wish for a pony while you are at it.

Sergachev could bust ( unlikely) but Drouin is what he is, which is not a center.

not yesterday, not today, not tommorrow, not ever.

Drouin said that he's not going to be like Galchenyuk. Moving forward, he's a centre.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
What hurts even more is that you know that Drouin and Radulov would have probably worked so well together. Bergevin really ****ed up.

I was so pumped to see a Drouin-Galchenyuk-Radulov line. We would also have had a great 2 way second line with Pacioretty-Danault-Gallagher. That team would have been exciting to watch.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Out of curisosity what did you predict he'd put up last season?

Personally I don't see anyone hitting 60 on our team regardless of how talented they are. We just don't have defence to move the puck to the forwards.
So true and so many posters continuously post fantasy point totals for our forwards with virtually no help coming from our D. Ask Max Pacioretty how much he missed Markov last year.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Drouin said that he's not going to be like Galchenyuk. Moving forward, he's a centre.
Yeah players who are awful at a specific position, can claim that position by saying it.

who does he think he is? Stewart smalley?

" your good enough ( except in draws) your smart enough and gosh darn it people like the language you speak"

the list of wingers who become centers at this point of their Nhl careers is legend. Unfortunately it doesn't change the following.

Jonathan Drouin, not a center.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I'm gonna laugh so hard if Sergachev leave for KHL in 2 years and Drouin put 70-80 points one day.

I am going to laugh even harder when Sergachev doesn’t leave for the KHL and the conditional 2nd rounder we didn’t have to send to Tampa, which ended up being Ylonen, comes in and eventually takes Drouin’s spot in the top-6.

Reactions: Doc McKenna and the

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Stun ptit lache nourris à la cuillère. Detestable comme joueur de hockey.
J’ai assez hâte qu’il sois off de la team j’ai envie de vomir quand jle regarde être mis au centre par notre organisation de **** qui veux faire passer son agenda politique avant tout
sibole... chill. le gars vien d'avoir 23ans, je suis d'accord qui semble avoir toujours été un bébé gater mais c'est pas tout le monde qui mature a la même age. il semble avoir une pas pire ego et c'est peut-etre se qui va le sauver quand il va maturer et se rendre compte qu'il doit mettre les bouchers double dans le show. la bonne nouvelles c'est qu'il a deja le talent. Je tient toujours a croire qu'il va etre un aillier dominant, de 70-75pts constant dans sont prime.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
sibole... chill. le gars vien d'avoir 23ans, je suis d'accord qui semble avoir toujours été un bébé gater mais c'est pas tout le monde qui mature a la même age. il semble avoir une pas pire ego et c'est peut-etre se qui va le sauver quand il va maturer et se rendre compte qu'il doit mettre les bouchers double dans le show. la bonne nouvelles c'est qu'il a deja le talent. Je tient toujours a croire qu'il va etre un aillier dominant, de 70-75pts constant dans sont prime.
aillier dominant? Haven't you heard? He's moving on up to center because, well because he isn't galchenyuk.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
aillier dominant? Haven't you heard? He's moving on up to center because, well because he isn't galchenyuk.
i mean the guy probably hasn't even talked to his coach, he played Center last year, he's being asked by media center question, what do you expect him to answer? he's just trying to show confidence and thats perfectly fine to me! Unless he realy watched video and somehow unleash at center at the begening of the year ( lets face it, it's very unlikely even tho he did finish the season decently at center.) If kotkaniemi and poehling pan out or even either one, do you realy think Drouin wont play on either wing? he woud THRIVE with other talent around him at his natural positon. like i said he just turned 23... the kid is here for years. contract is gonna end up being a steal.

im probably one of the few habs fan who liked the trade at the time and still like it. Drouin will break out at some point.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Was looking back at the Future Watch of 2014 and the #1 rated prospect was a certain #92.

The kid had a piano tied to his back last year with predictable results.

Wherever he will be playing, he needs to develop some chemistry with someone.

CalgarySnow

Oct 21, 2017
Stun ptit lache nourris à la cuillère. Detestable comme joueur de hockey.
J’ai assez hâte qu’il sois off de la team j’ai envie de vomir quand jle regarde être mis au centre par notre organisation de **** qui veux faire passer son agenda politique avant tout

No wonder I can’t get québécois French, stun ptit? jle regarde etre? Regarde is look etre is the verb to be, first thing I learnt je suis, tu es, il est, nous sommes, vous etes, ils sont sorry no accents etc. But jle? I’m guessing ptit is slang for petit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad