Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin: To C Or Not to C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would say he is most definitely, clearly a top 6 forward but is absolutely not a top 6 center.

At this stage, he is not a center. We might try him at center again but he is not strong enough to be a center IMO. I consider him a top line player and I do think he has game breaking talent. His shot, stick handling, and creativeness is elite level. We just need a center for him to play with. We will see how the Domi experiment works once the season starts.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
One playoff doesnt a game breaker make.

At this rate, Eller is a bigger game breaker and he was added for two 2nd round picks.

Dont know why you mention AG?

One season don't make Sergachev a top paring D ;). What's more impressive, Drouin's playoff performance that season or Sergachev's season last year?

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
One playoff doesnt a game breaker make.

At this rate, Eller is a bigger game breaker and he was added for two 2nd round picks.

Dont know why you mention AG?

I mention AG because on this forum the pros Galchenyuk..are usualy Drouin's haters...

You bring Eller....he is 29 years old... Drouin had this playoffs run at 21...

Give him at least 1 year on the wing with us

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I mention AG because on this forum the pros Galchenyuk..are usualy Drouin's haters...

You bring Eller....he is 29 years old... Drouin had this playoffs run at 21...

Give him at least 1 year on the wing with us

Eller was 23-24 when he put up 13pts in 18 games in the PO....and i rememberr vividly that it wasn't enough for Eller to get a chance at the top 6 center role back then. Anyway, it's more of the "earning" part that bothered me.

For some players, it seems harder to get a shot at the top 6 role than others.
As far as i'm concerned, i see players that need a top 6 role in order to produce and uses their skills for the best of the team and yes Drouin is one of them.....just like Scherbak is one of them.

Funny part is that Drouin was used in Tampa (Before Tampa's injuries) like Sherbak is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad