Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I disagree. He never had streaks like this one. He's playing like an entirely different player.

Usually, his hot streaks would stem from him getting lucky and confident but he'd still play a lazy junior game, thats not what I have seen lately.

The way he use his teammates this year it’s totally different

Reactions: dralaf

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
TSN's Gord Miller cautioned Habs fans to temper their excitement at seeing Drouin's hot streak. Give it at least 20 games to see if we're seeing a "new" Drouin.

Reactions: Habs178

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
TSN's Gord Miller cautioned Habs fans to temper their excitement at seeing Drouin's hot streak. Give it at least 20 games to see if we're seeing a "new" Drouin.
He’s not wrong but then everyone says this about everyone...give it a week, give it a month, next year he’ll suck....bleh. Just enjoy the product while you have it and it’s nice

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
There is very little to say honestly.

At his age and his obvious flaws there has always been realistic potential for improvement. I would rather be an offensively gifted player who needs to learn defense than the reverse.

That said, i don't expect a break out for Drouin. I think you should expect a player who is refining his game a little as time progresses. Expect that 5-15% improvement if he's committed but more would be wishful thinking over a full season. Surely at his age he can still progress year over year but eventually expect a better drouin, not a new drouin.

Reactions: angusyoung

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I agree but he set up alote of scoring chance yesterday. I like how he attack the neutral zone with speed
Perhaps after his pep talks with Julien and Bergevin about his game needing to improve drastically or he will be traded that Drouin realized that he loves Montreal very much and doesn't want to leave so he pulled up his boot straps and transformed himself into a dynamic player at both ends of the rink.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Perhaps after his pep talks with Julien and Bergevin about his game needing to improve drastically or he will be traded that Drouin realized that he loves Montreal very much and doesn't want to leave so he pulled up his boot straps and transformed himself into a dynamic player at both ends of the rink.

No one says Drouin wouldn't like the Peg, either. :sarcasm:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Most would. Betting a grand casually isn't something most people do. Myself included.
Yet some people spend a thousand easily on lotto with outlandish odds of winning. If you're a sports better, you can make a pretty good penny if you know what to look for.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy is relentless.

After having written a fluff piece about Bergevin yesterday, today he comes back with this:

TRANSLATION: It's certainly not the only reason -- nor an excuse -- for his performance in the 2nd half of last season, however, Jonathan Drouin played several months without being able to breathe properly. He's relieved to have been able to resolve this, this year.

rlN5RwE.jpg

At the post mortem last season, where it was announced that he'd undergo minor surgery for his nose, he never mentioned that this was what impacted on his performance.

Rather it was: « Je n'ai pas été à la hauteur et j’ai perdu confiance parce que je ne produisais pas,

TRANSLATION: I wasn't up to scratch and lost confidence cause I wasn't producing.

Jonathan Drouin sous le bistouri pour un nez fracturé

I subscribe to the idea that his challenge has always been between the ears not with the front of his face.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Even when he was producing during hot stretches last year, I wasnt really happy with how he was playing. But so far, he looks awesome and the points are just extra. Looks like a different player. Curious to see how he does in the next 20ish games.

Reactions: Mrb1p

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This guy is relentless.

After having written a fluff piece about Bergevin yesterday, today he comes back with this:

TRANSLATION: It's certainly not the only reason -- nor an excuse -- for his performance in the 2nd half of last season, however, Jonathan Drouin played several months without being able to breathe properly. He's relieved to have been able to resolve this, this year.

rlN5RwE.jpg

At the post mortem last season, where it was announced that he'd undergo minor surgery for his nose, he never mentioned that this was what impacted on his performance.

Rather it was: « Je n'ai pas été à la hauteur et j’ai perdu confiance parce que je ne produisais pas,

TRANSLATION: I wasn't up to scratch and lost confidence cause I wasn't producing.

Jonathan Drouin sous le bistouri pour un nez fracturé

I subscribe to the idea that his challenge has always been between the ears not with the front of his face.

Godin sucks, we all know it. Why give him attention?

Reactions: dralaf

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Even when he was producing during hot stretches last year, I wasnt really happy with how he was playing. But so far, he looks awesome and the points are just extra. Looks like a different player. Curious to see how he does in the next 20ish games.
If Drouin somehow can reduce his +/- through more responsible defensive play, Julien will be a happy camper.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
It almost looks like he spent some time in the offseason improving his game... Maybe he watched tape with a coach and worked to improve his decision making or something. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad