Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
I only seen half the game but what I saw from Drouin was absolutely fantastic again. Very promising. Very excited for this kid. I was doing backflips when we acquired him. Never saw it coming. Wanted him in a Habs jersey since watching him in Halifax. Special special kid. I believe in him.

Fantastic is Eichel. Drouin has made major improvements over last season, but I would not say he is playing fantastic. He is playing well.

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Dahlin actually pulled up to avoid contact with Drouin, who collected the puck and started that KK goal sequence. Another great game.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I only seen half the game but what I saw from Drouin was absolutely fantastic again. Very promising. Very excited for this kid. I was doing backflips when we acquired him. Never saw it coming. Wanted him in a Habs jersey since watching him in Halifax. Special special kid. I believe in him.
so you didnt watch any games the last two years ?

Reactions: Tighthead

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People love their short sample sizes.

Enjoy his play without forgetting how he’s done this before. He needs to keep it going so that he shakes off a long-standing reputation.

Reactions: CalgarySnow and 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Enjoy his play without forgetting how he’s done this before. He needs to keep it going so that he shakes off a long-standing reputation.
All the more reason to ride this wave while it lasts lol

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

That goes both ways though. The fanbase and especially some of the emotional posters on here are so quick to jump to conclusions after a few bad preseason games.

Guys on here wanted to trade him before even letting him play a regular season game. Same goes for how people spoke of Kotkaniemi during the preseason. We live in the moment and that reflects in some of the short sighted posts we see on here daily.

I would like to wait 15-20 NHL games this season before drawing any conclusions.

Reactions: dralaf and Vachon23

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I think the lion's share of posts are issuing enough caveats to show they're aware enough of Drouin's past. I can probably count on one hand how many might be jumping the gun.

As much as I'm an optimist, I won't even be fully convinced with an entire year of mostly good work or even a PPG performance. I'll be tremendously heartened but I won't be COMPLETELY convinced.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That goes both ways though. The fanbase and especially some of the emotional posters on here are so quick to jump to conclusions after a few bad preseason games.

Guys on here wanted to trade him before even letting him play a regular season game. Same goes for how people spoke of Kotkaniemi during the preseason. We live in the moment and that reflects in some of the short sighted posts we see on here daily.

I would like to wait 15-20 NHL games this season before drawing any conclusions.

Doesn’t go both ways as there is an overwhelming body of work behind his reputation. It’s going to take more than 3 good games in the new season to shake that off. Odds are against given the track record but let’s hope he keeps it going.

Reactions: CalgarySnow

jiboy

la game dans la game
May 2, 2007
He’s had great streaks before too , I remember he started a season on fire with Tampa only to have it cut short by an injury.
Hes also had his famous playoff run.

Im enjoying watching him its nice that he got results immediately from playing a simpler game.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He’s had great streaks before too , I remember he started a season on fire with Tampa only to have it cut short by an injury.
Hes also had his famous playoff run.

Im enjoying watching him its nice that he got results immediately from playing a simpler game.
I disagree. He never had streaks like this one. He's playing like an entirely different player.

Usually, his hot streaks would stem from him getting lucky and confident but he'd still play a lazy junior game, thats not what I have seen lately.

Reactions: Vachon23
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad