Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I think the difference is him getting lean. When he came here he put on a bunch of weight in order to be that #1C. And it just made him slower and play a lazy game to save energy. Now he’s light, fast, and flying around out there. I think this Drouin is here for good!

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Every and all of your shifts there're important. No breaks. Don't be dependent on someone. Show up. Skate. Participate to the success of your 1909. Let your ambition carry you.

Reactions: Redux91

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think the difference is him getting lean. When he came here he put on a bunch of weight in order to be that #1C. And it just made him slower and play a lazy game to save energy. Now he’s light, fast, and flying around out there. I think this Drouin is here for good!
I agree the added weight sort of made sense but he should be a wing anyway.

Drouin isn't small either. So him putting in an effort along the boards is more than just for show. This guy is improving the aspects of his game that made him too one-dimensional. Now he can play the cycle better and he can pick his spots to get fancy. He's also possessing the puck less and using him teammates better.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Best I have seen of Drouin. People liked to point out his lack of intensity and/or IQ to explain why he was underachieving, to me, it always been a lack of confidence, difficulty handling the pressure/desire to impress too much stifling him. I have been a big hater of Drouin playing without confidence, wasn't sure if he ever would be able to find it back in MTL, if he can continue playing full of confidence, I am willing to switch for a fan of him in no time. Day and night if we compare his play with the end of last season, so much more poise.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The Habs are a living representative of people in Quebec, Jean Beliveau the gentleman, that created the love for Les Canadiens. The Love seen by all humanity is small insignificant by that seen by some people that tried to make people aware. The Rocket Only a man that wanted Equality for everyone, French are obviously(come phone Me!!) uncaring. Sorry but everyone that thinks that Way needs to know my name/ Nobody I will be gone before you read this. Are we not All relatives? Every person on this planet related? Wake up people Love and Caring Is Life!!!

Reactions: DAChampion

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Will gladly eat crow if he can keep this up all season

Biggest difference is balanced effort, expending less effort trying to make the highlight real play every time and putting the extra effort without the puck

Reactions: angusyoung

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Drouin's criticism was not without reason. Maybe that's what it took to get him going. Enjoy the ride, remind yourself that it's a short sample size and leave the life lessons to philosophers.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Will gladly eat crow if he can keep this up all season

Biggest difference is balanced effort, expending less effort trying to make the highlight real play every time and putting the extra effort without the puck

He appears to be playing withing his limitations and not having to do it all now,team concept.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Drouin's criticism was not without reason. Maybe that's what it took to get him going. Enjoy the ride, remind yourself that it's a short sample size and leave the life lessons to philosophers.
But, but, but he got 60 in cegep for his humanities course World Philosophers and Why they love to criticize everyone and everything 101.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
JD looking proud, smug, elated and humbled pretty much all at once. Good for him and I hope he continues to crave that buzz and do what it takes to earn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad