Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Drouin was interviewed by Martin McGuire and Dany Dubé after the game last night. He talked about all the video sessions he did with Ducharme over the summer. Said Ducharme showed him how much more effective he was when he always kept his feet moving, both with and without the puck. To me that's the biggest change in his game this year. Not gliding and floating around, but skating with intensity in all zones. That allows him to challenge defensemen and cut inside instead of staying on the perimeter. I hope it lasts.

That is the descriptive for me - intensity. He definitely looks more intense and engaged out there. Hopefully the positive results to date make that intensity more of a habit for him. The video sessions gives me a different outlook of the young man also. A willingness to learn and change is a far different thing than the "lazy" impression I had of him.

And kudos to the coach too. I honestly don't know what obligations a coach has during the off season but I'm thinking this is more than is asked typically.

Reactions: PhysicX

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its five games mate. Ya he looks good so far..let's see how that persists.
I know its five games, but dang, its really, really freaking hard to not get excited about him when he plays like that. Again, he's never, not once, played like this. Ive been following Drouin since 2012 and he was always the same type of player, and I f***ing hated him for it. Declared him a bust in 2013, early when I saw him dominate the Q... The same way he always did. No progression in his play... And now, after a summer of video with one of the best coach around, boom, he f***ing explodes.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i'm ok with him engaged at 60 games per year. most guys disappear for a period of games anyway. more is expected because he's french, the trade, etc....

that being said, the way he's playing now is precisely why you don't trade him. he's a game changer

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
As long as Drouin keeps playing with that same intensity and effort (as @swimmer77 said) with and without the puck, I'll be cheering for him as I cheer for Gallagher.

His first five games this season have me pleasantly surprised. I'm starting to believe the hype and will admit I was wrong about him if he keeps playing this way (even if his production slowly decreases).

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I know its five games, but dang, its really, really freaking hard to not get excited about him when he plays like that. Again, he's never, not once, played like this. Ive been following Drouin since 2012 and he was always the same type of player, and I ****ing hated him for it. Declared him a bust in 2013, early when I saw him dominate the Q... The same way he always did. No progression in his play... And now, after a summer of video with one of the best coach around, boom, he ****ing explodes.
It's nice, but explodes is a little over the top.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Is it ? He's never played even close to this, man. Its like he's fulfilling his hype right now.
We will see at seasons end, but yes, your hyperbole is over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad