Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
His problem is between the ears and consistency. Both are likely tied together. He’s had a great first two games but he had a strong first couple of months last year as well. I want to see how he reacts when he goes threw adversity which he will at some point. That’ll be the most telling part as to if he’s actually grown as a player.

Agree with you there, the ''dont get to high dont get to low'' old cliché.......but so true

Jul 6, 2016
I dont’t know if it was written earlier in this thread, but Drouin bought two tickets for the Suzuki family in their weekend game in TO. Suzuki himself had bought four, but wanted to invite two more persons. Drouin told him it was on him.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Your vintage games (there isn't so many), rinse it and repeat it. Eat (no mcdo). Sleep (not on ice or at the bench). Play and behave as a true Hab (not at 100% but at 1909%)

Megaforce

Loving this thread. Lots of chuckles.
My favourite are this sorta thing:
"He'll have to play 50 more great games for me to start forgiving him."
"Sure he was the best player on the ice both games but that's just two games, I don't trust him."

Man, just admit it guys, you joined the irrational herd of pointless haters. The kid is a good player, always has been a good player. Simple as that.

Reactions: dralaf

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Loving this thread. Lots of chuckles.
My favourite are this sorta thing:
"He'll have to play 50 more great games for me to start forgiving him."
"Sure he was the best player on the ice both games but that's just two games, I don't trust him."

Man, just admit it guys, you joined the irrational herd of pointless haters. The kid is a good player, always has been a good player. Simple as that.

I've mostly been defending him in this thread so your post wouldn't be addressing me - the one thing i'll say though is, he should be a great player, not just a good one. So much potential.

~50 points for him? He was arguably better than MacKinnon in juniors, and look at how Mack has exploded. Now he doesn't have to become as good as Mack at the NHL level, but there's a huge gap between ~50 points, and what Mack has done past 2 years.

I'm still hoping Drouin can become a ppg winger, but at the very least he should be regularly hitting the ~65-75 points range imo.

Reactions: Gains

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Drouin has been playing like hes a completelt different player. Maybe the guy got his shit together and well have a potential Art Ross nominee.

Honestly, as for the first two games, I see like three forwards that can be as dominant as this in the NHL. How great would it be if he kept that up for the rest of the decade. Bonafide superstar forward.

All hed need is his lettuce mojo back and wed win the cup.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Its been two games, so it doesn't mean much, but statistically his closest underlying number comparable on the team is Gallagher (which is never a bad thing).

Exactly. Let's hope he keeps it up. Nothing more you can make out of such a short sample size.

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Drouin has been playing like hes a completelt different player. Maybe the guy got his **** together and well have a potential Art Ross nominee.

Honestly, as for the first two games, I see like three forwards that can be as dominant as this in the NHL. How great would it be if he kept that up for the rest of the decade. Bonafide superstar forward.

All hed need is his lettuce mojo back and wed win the cup.

That stretch last year where he had 9 pts in 3 games he looked godly. I didn't see the first game but against the Leafs he was really active in his back checking. No stupid plays. Saw maybe one iffy one. Got rewarded with a goal from a gorgeous pass to Byron that would've been an easy tap in.

There's absolutely a star in there. We can easily get sucked into loving him and he could revert back to Hyde form at any moment. Obviously have to be patient but he's a guy that when he's on would fill a huge hole.

There's a lot of room in between the player he could become and the player we had last year. Even somewhere in the middle would be a net positive. Him reaching his ceiling is something we should be praying for. KK, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Poehling, Gallagher. Very solid potential there if these guys can mostly get close to their respective ceilings.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That stretch last year where he had 9 pts in 3 games he looked godly. I didn't see the first game but against the Leafs he was really active in his back checking. No stupid plays. Saw maybe one iffy one. Got rewarded with a goal from a gorgeous pass to Byron that would've been an easy tap in.

There's absolutely a star in there. We can easily get sucked into loving him and he could revert back to Hyde form at any moment. Obviously have to be patient but he's a guy that when he's on would fill a huge hole.

There's a lot of room in between the player he could become and the player we had last year. Even somewhere in the middle would be a net positive. Him reaching his ceiling is something we should be praying for. KK, Domi, Drouin, Suzuki, Caufield, Poehling, Gallagher. Very solid potential there if these guys can mostly get close to their respective ceilings.
I disagree on that stretch last year, he looked like a regular top 6 player that was luckier than average, these past two games hes player like Kovalev circa 2007.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I disagree on that stretch last year, he looked like a regular top 6 player that was luckier than average, these past two games hes player like Kovalev circa 2007.

Bit of luck but two games I saw a superstar. Again I didn't see the Canes (but saw his great helper on the KK goal) but against the Laffs I don't know if I saw a superstar but he was our best forward for most of the game. I've seen him more dominant but not so complete and engaged. If he can keep it up we have yet to have seen the best from him. Better than Rads and E.Cole and yes up there with Kovy.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That's mighty high praise coming from you. :laugh: I wouldn't go that far, but the did play well.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Bit of luck but two games I saw a superstar. Again I didn't see the Canes (but saw his great helper on the KK goal) but against the Laffs I don't know if I saw a superstar but he was our best forward for most of the game. I've seen him more dominant but not so complete and engaged. If he can keep it up we have yet to have seen the best from him. Better than Rads and E.Cole and yes up there with Kovy.

did max domi get me too'ed and all references of him erased ? He wasn't even the SECOND best hab forward against the leafs ( gallagher). right now all that can be said is that he is playing a whole lot better than last year, but considering how AWFUL that was. let's hold off on proclamations of him being the best hab forward for a bit.

he is still fool's gold.

Reactions: Habs178

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
did max domi get me too'ed and all references of him erased ? He wasn't even the SECOND best hab forward against the leafs ( gallagher). right now all that can be said is that he is playing a whole lot better than last year, but considering how AWFUL that was. let's hold off on proclamations of him being the best hab forward for a bit.

he is still fool's gold.

How dare you! Domi said Drouin is the most talented player he's ever played with...:sarcasm:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

he is still fool's gold.

lol. Fair enough. Drouin was our best forward through the first couple periods. Even when we stunk he was hustling and doing some very good back checking. Domi and Gally were fantastic in the last bit. He wasn't that far off and was doing good things while most everyone else was stinking it up.

Reactions: dralaf

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'd settle for Drouin playing lime this for the rest of this season... Once that's done we can talk career.

All for holding off on passing judgment until we have a more significant sample size.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Need more time.

True, it's a long season and he's been known to be inconsistent. It's a good start and his intensity is there. We need him to be the player he can be.

If Drouin can click with Kotkaniemi, this is key to balanced scoring from all lines. They fit each other well based on there skills IMO. Adding Armia to that line gives them some grit and puck pressure.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Didn’t watch the game but I heard he had a good game again...please keep it up :)

Baby steps, 1 game at a time.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I only seen half the game but what I saw from Drouin was absolutely fantastic again. Very promising. Very excited for this kid. I was doing backflips when we acquired him. Never saw it coming. Wanted him in a Habs jersey since watching him in Halifax. Special special kid. I believe in him.

Reactions: atrud66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad