Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin----Nothing burger edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The old one is nearing 1000 so I thought I would start a new one, the taste of the Drouin burger has me:
200.webp

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
it was a **** trade from day 1

Still laughing at the fact we traded him so he could be our ''1st center''

what a joke hes now a 3rd line winger

What a putz.

"Ah you know what... at the end of the day did I want Jonathan to be our 1st line center? Of course. but you know tings don't always work out the way you planned. We tried him in different spots but you know what? You cannot always get de guy you need cause trades can be hard to make. You win some and you lose some, I mean look at other teams in da NHL... dee Parity is so close that any team on enyday can beat da best team and make it look like the worst"

-Probably Marc B.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

He even lost the AC crew who are normally total homers.

They ripped into him repeatedly yesterday. Even Gaston mocked him about how he promises he's going to do better and how everything about him is in the future. The future is now.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
What a putz.

"Ah you know what... at the end of the day did I want Jonathan to be our 1st line center? Of course. but you know tings don't always work out the way you planned. We tried him in different spots but you know what? You cannot always get de guy you need cause trades can be hard to make. You win some and you lose some, I mean look at other teams in da NHL... dee Parity is so close that any team on enyday can beat da best team and make it look like the worst"

-Probably Marc B.
This team would be really good right now with Sergachev and weber

Reactions: Milhouse40

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
He even lost the AC crew who are normally total homers.

They ripped into him repeatedly yesterday. Even Gaston mocked him about how he promises he's going to do better and how everything about him is in the future. The future is now.
saw that , well deserved imo , Drouin is a brickhead not gonna lie. He should be traded , hes a distraction around the team. He makes everybody around him wors.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
saw that , well deserved imo , Drouin is a brickhead not gonna lie. He should be traded , hes a distraction around the team. He makes everybody around him wors.

There were a lot of juicy segments on AC yesterday.

One of them was the quip about how players go into the dressing and check out what the new lines will be for next game and how those who end up with Drouin on their line feel like they are being penalized. :laugh:

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Can we give him 15 regular season games before going full crazy on here?

He has played 322 regular season games so far. What 15 more will change? He's not a terrible player and yeah there's still room for some improvement and career seasons. On a good team he could play a role. But i would be very surprised if he lives up to his draft rank or even the draft rank of the player he was traded for. Still possible but unlikely. At this point if expecting him to do more is the plan of any GM then it's not a really good GM. He should be considered WYSIWYG by all GMs.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
He has played 322 regular season games so far. What 15 more will change? He's not a terrible player and yeah there's still room for some improvement and career seasons. On a good team he could play a role. But i would be very surprised if he lives up to his draft rank or even the draft rank of the player he was traded for. Still possible but unlikely and at this point if expecting him to do more is the plan of any GM then it's not a really good GM. He should be considered WYSIWYG by all GMs.
Well in his first 303 games Huberdeau had 198 points vs Drouin in 322 games at 194 points. So pretty close, I guess we can wait a little longer and hope he blossomes like Hubby did or we can sell low before the season has even started because y'all are fanatical.

Reactions: 25th

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Disagree. It was a good trade that directly addressed our biggest need: offence. Drouin came with question marks and a lot of talent, which is a risk worth taking.

The **** came after. Anointing him our #1C and not adding more talent were the double mistakes that turned a potential star into a underperforming headcase. Becoming a media darling thrust his on-ice problems into the spotlight, making him a target. Yeah, his usage sucked, but right now the problem is purely mental. And that's not something you can predict beforehand, any more than we can predict how another question-mark, Laine, would respond in our market.

It's still possible Drouin can get his head straight and take another step this season, but I have to admit I'd rather he take a series of steps in the direction of Winnipeg.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Well in his first 303 games Huberdeau had 198 points vs Drouin in 322 games at 194 points. So pretty close, I guess we can wait a little longer and hope he blossomes like Hubby did or we can sell low before the season has even started because y'all are fanatical.

I don't think anybody is advocating trading him for scraps. I mean i don't understand why this type of arguments come up every time there's a discussion. Of course if the options is keep Drouin and hope for the best and trade him for an end of 1st round pick then of course you keep him. But the road map of MB for the upcoming seasons should have Drouin as a 50-60 points offensive minded top 6 winger who needs help from his line mates both offensively and defensively. And if there's a good offer for a player answering a need then do it. We are not lacking smallish wingers right now.

Reactions: blarneylad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad