Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Blue White Red Dead Redemption Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsieur Miz

Nov 3, 2017
Hopefully he keeps it up and if he goes 3 games without a point ... Clode won't put him on the 3rd/4th line. Die with him on Domi's wing.

I'm not saying he's Kovalev but when he was being a lazy shit back in the days, he was still being used 17-18 minutes a game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Hopefully he keeps it up and if he goes 3 games without a point ... Clode won't put him on the 3rd/4th line. Die with him on Domi's wing.

I'm not saying he's Kovalev but when he was being a lazy **** back in the days, he was still being used 17-18 minutes a game.

Julien demotes players who become a weakness defensively. Drouin is maturing at both ends

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
He doesn't have to be elite. I'd be happy with him being a consistent 30 goal scorer as long as he shows up and creates things every night. He doesn't have to be a superstar.

Glad to see him having a good start to the year. Hopefully he keeps it this way the rest of the way.

For sure but the thing is he has that potential so even a 'solid' career would still be a bit of a disappointment. Less of one but I'd be a bit disappointed for sure.

One step at a time. Good start.

The Fisherman

Jul 15, 2019
Never liked the trade and watching him over the last few years has been frustrating. I don't think we will "win" this trade but that's not really the point. If he continues to play this way, even without being a ppg player, I think people would be okay with it.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I like his speed. Not using it enough in the past. When he is past his first few step he can fly. He has a good arsenal of shot too when alone with the goaltender.

Everyone wanna see him with Domi but I don't. Aside the first 20ish game last season they never got any real good chemistry.

I like him better with Armia to be honest. Kotkaniemi will learn too and gets the pts eventually playing with these two.
It was in le journal di mourial in training camps, Drouin's agent told the press Jonathan reduced his weight by 8 or 12, to be faster, quicker on starts. I wanted to post about it but the whole board were so much on his case, it was "Drouin festival of bashing all the way" here, lol, just a bit exagerating. I did not post about Drouin's regime reduce weight.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
It was in le journal di mourial in training camps, Drouin's agent told the press Jonathan reduced his weight by 8 or 12, to be faster, quicker on starts. I wanted to post about it but the whole board were so much on his case, it was "Drouin festival of bashing all the way" here, lol, just a bit exagerating. I did not post about Drouin's regime reduce weight.
I'm also agree Drouin with KK and Armia seems a fair deal with each other teamates, they can complete well and score some goals. Unifying Drouin with Domi the problem is : both like to skate with the puck, they are puck transporters so better equilibrate lines and split them on 2 different lines.
I would like a Domi-Tatar-Gallagher line. If Poehling is as good as he can be, there could be a Domi-Poehling-Gallagher line. Very interresting.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
That and the fact that he got a surgery to repair his broken nose , something that help him to get more oxygen

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
That and the fact that he got a surgery to repair his broken nose , something that help him to get more oxygen
Those 2 things, being lighter and breathing better, have changed everything for him. He’s playing with a great pace now, when before he was a disconnected controller half the time.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Julien demotes players who become a weakness defensively. Drouin is maturing at both ends

When Drouin is playing like he is now or at the beginning of last season, his weaknesses don’t stand out as much. If he can find a way to stay consistent, then I won’t care about the odd blunder defensively. He needs to do this throughout the course of a full season. Everyone here knows he’s capable of doing it, but whether or not he keeps it up is a whole other story. Saying he is maturing is premature after 10 games.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
He actually back check this year, something he wasn't doing before.

I'd be disappointed if he stop again at 53 points, but at the very least, he's a much more useful player overall this year.

But if he can continue like he's doing right now, let's say I won't complain.

Reactions: Oryxo and JianYang

Jul 6, 2016
Never liked the trade and watching him over the last few years has been frustrating. I don't think we will "win" this trade but that's not really the point. If he continues to play this way, even without being a ppg player, I think people would be okay with it.

Right now, Sergachev is still a #5 d-man on the TB roster. The kid too has his highs and lows.

Reactions: aresknights

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
He’s been answering to the critics off the ice and on the ice in one of the hardest market to play in...so far he’s put his money where his mouth is, so what the heck do you guys want from him? Skate on water??? I swear GET.OFF. IT... This is why NO STAR PLAYERS WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH MTL. The Tavares, Point, Marner, Panarin, Duchene of the hockey world are avoiding MTL like the leagues plague. Don’t be pissed that Bergevin can’t sign the big guns in the off seasons when you aren’t making it any appealing to be here in the first place. And mark my words, the players outside know how you treat your own talents. So yeah keep it up with that great attitude. For years you guys been yapping about how the Drouin - Sergachev trade was a bad trade and that we should have kept Sergachev but let it be known real quick that he didn’t want to have anything to do with us after realizing what was the downsides of playing for that market and the unforgiving fans. In Drouin you have a hometowner, who truly wants to play here, treasure him.

This BS again?

Newsflash, welcome to reality, EVERY market are critical of underperforming players. It's not just here.

The difference elsewhere is you don't have an arrogant GM throwing his players under the bus and having them leave on a very negative note, like Subban, Markov and Radulov. THAT's what players actually talk about.

And the media. See how quickly they turned on him once popular opinion ran against Drouin. Players notice that too, they talk about it, how the media is extremely self-serving in the sports scene in Montreal.

Add the weather and having to deal with the added work of sheltering their money from taxes, and the fans reaction don't mean so much, because it's just a higher pitch than elsewhere on both sides of the spectrum, as the praises and cheers are also higher than elsewhere, just like the criticism.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Never had a 10 game stretch in his career where he was this good. Hands down turning into an elite player.

Not there yet. Those players go 1,5 to 2 ppg in those sequences. 15 to 20 points sometimes, in 10 games. His 0.9 ppg isnt anything earth shattering. It's great for now, but if it's his ultimate high and he regresses to lower mean, it's a notch lower than those players.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Not there yet. Those players go 1,5 to 2 ppg in those sequences. 15 to 20 points sometimes, in 10 games. His 0.9 ppg isnt anything earth shattering. It's great for now, but if it's his ultimate high and he regresses to lower mean, it's a notch lower than those players.
Some just keep this up for the season though. The way he plays right now, if he can keep this up even while falling just below ppg, hell be elite IMO.

Reactions: angusyoung

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
This BS again?

Newsflash, welcome to reality, EVERY market are critical of underperforming players. It's not just here.

The difference elsewhere is you don't have an arrogant GM throwing his players under the bus and having them leave on a very negative note, like Subban, Markov and Radulov. THAT's what players actually talk about.

And the media. See how quickly they turned on him once popular opinion ran against Drouin. Players notice that too, they talk about it, how the media is extremely self-serving in the sports scene in Montreal.

Add the weather and having to deal with the added work of sheltering their money from taxes, and the fans reaction don't mean so much, because it's just a higher pitch than elsewhere on both sides of the spectrum, as the praises and cheers are also higher than elsewhere, just like the criticism.
you did not know that everything bad happening to this franchise is because of the fans, ALL fans fault.

You disappoint.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
That is the dumbest thing I ever read (not necessarily about you, but since the original article). The guy has a freaking mouth, no way he had trouble breathing enough to not be able to skate properly.
You don't think clearing your nasal passages would help you to breathe easier? Do we just have noses to smell?

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am happy that he is playing great and the off season work of watching videos is paying off because he is not floating whatsoever this year. He is engaged. All I want as a fan is an effort and for every player to compete

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad