Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Blue White Red Dead Redemption Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Drouin has had strong season start every year in Montreal. He just falter as the season goes on (injury or not).
Drouin was making smart choices with his strong performance at the start of the year which is something I've never seen him do. He produced well at the start of ever season, but he was a lot more effective this year. He was playing effective hockey instead of flashy hockey. If he worked harder and smarter instead of solely depending on his talent, he would be a 60 point player.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Drouin is a 50 pts/season guys while he is playing with armia and kotkaniemi (at 18 years old). Or lehkonen. Drouin is the kind of guy i would really like to see beside a guy like barkov, or mackinnon, matthews. Pretty sure he could be a 70 pts and + if he would playing with those studs. Drouin need space. These studs make space cause they are overprotecting by the opponent. Yeah. He is a complementary guy. But he looks to work hard and with efforts. Sometimes it doesnt work. But the last thing i would do is to trade him when is value is as much low.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Have you ever seen a player openly complain about a teammate? :shakehead
Actually, Drouin did it. At the end of his first year (I think it was). Asked why he had such a terrible year. He gave a few BS reasons and then towards the end of his reply he lay some responsibility on his linemates.

Yes I know he didn't name them but everyone knew who his linemates were during the year.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I don't even want to think about Gomez fiasco.

Passing is like riding a bike, after a decade and a half, the brain automatically compensates the "lead" on the pass. He couldn't even do that.

Don't get me wrong, I want the Habs to lose, but I stall can't stand a no show. At the very least, it's disrespectful to his teammates and fans.

Some are claiming "rust". Doubt it, but let's see, what other excuse can we generate before we accept what he really is.
You see if it was just playing bad then rust it can be . But zero effort , rust has nothing to do with it

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Drouin was making smart choices with his strong performance at the start of the year which is something I've never seen him do. He produced well at the start of ever season, but he was a lot more effective this year. He was playing effective hockey instead of flashy hockey. If he worked harder and smarter instead of solely depending on his talent, he would be a 60 point player.

Drouin was riding an extreme percentages bender that made Domi's 2018-2019 season look snakebitten by comparison. He was playing better, but even playing like that, he was probably only around 50 points for a full season. He is what he is.

sharknado

Aug 22, 2014
Drouin is a 50 pts/season guys while he is playing with armia and kotkaniemi (at 18 years old). Or lehkonen. Drouin is the kind of guy i would really like to see beside a guy like barkov, or mackinnon, matthews. Pretty sure he could be a 70 pts and + if he would playing with those studs. Drouin need space. These studs make space cause they are overprotecting by the opponent. Yeah. He is a complementary guy. But he looks to work hard and with efforts. Sometimes it doesnt work. But the last thing i would do is to trade him when is value is as much low.
It does not matter who you pair him with, he has no heart and no ambition to do anything. This is how he was in Midget AAA and has never changed. Only our GM was willing to give up our #1 drafted Dman before seeing what he would become to get someone with JD's track record and pay him millions. I want to see what guys like Gallagher, Tatar, etc are going to ask for when their contract is up becuase their stats, heart, and compete level and miles above JD.

I am pretty sure that Bergevin will not disapoint and will get rid of these guys just to keep Drouin.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

100% agree! Those who are thinking we should just get rid of Drouin should calm down. He has flaws yes but our overall roster is flawed and Drouin needs to play with a physical and mature center. Until then, just chill and relax on the attack. Your not being a hero as a fan pointing out his flaws people. It's noise on top of noise and not necessary

Reactions: Hins77

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I love that he knows long flow Drouin is bad luck lol.

He and KK seemed to click in a way that he didn't with Suzuki.

Drouin might be too high maintenance to even be worth keeping but I think if you put him in the best possible position to do well, he can generally do better than he's done in the past and possibly be a net positive. It's still too early to tell. There's was plenty bad in the first 2 games but saying he did NOTHING good is just dishonest.

Hate him all you want and say he'll be nothing more than a 50 pt guy. That doesn't really matter.

What matters is what he'll do now in the playoffs. he's more than capable of being a damn fine player in a 10-15 game stretch. He's done it before and he's done it in the playoffs. No reason to think he can't do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad