Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Somebody's out of the doghouse :sarcasm:
giphy.gif

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It’s going to be unbearable when people get all vocal when he goes on a cold streak.

People are hyping him up and then negativity will be twice as strong.

lots of games left.
It won't matter if he goes on a cold streak but continues to do the little things right which he is doing right now. His game last year even though productive through the first 50 games was not the type of game he is playing right now. Last year he was leeching off other players and when the going got tighter and he could no longer do that and he dried up. This year(I know it's early) he is a play driver and he is elevating the play of others on his line, he is also making more of an effort defensively which is encouraging. I am his biggest critic but only because he has the ability to be a very good player and once he stays there on a consistent basis the criticisms will go away.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It won't matter if he goes on a cold streak but continues to do the little things right which he is doing right now. His game last year even though productive through the first 50 games was not the type of game he is playing right now. Last year he was leeching off other players and when the going got tighter and he could no longer do that and he dried up. This year(I know it's early) he is a play driver and he is elevating the play of others on his line, he is also making more of an effort defensively which is encouraging. I am his biggest critic but only because he has the ability to be a very good player and once he stays there on a consistent basis the criticisms will go away.

The key for him is to do those things that he can control, like effort and avoid certain pitfalls re pond hockey and perimeter play.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
A full season of consistent play. If he does that, there won't be any problem.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your rant because quite frankly, it was nonsense. Inconsistent players get criticized. News at 11.

TREASURE HIM!!!

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
A full season of consistent play. If he does that, there won't be any problem.

I'm going to ignore the rest of your rant because quite frankly, it was nonsense. Inconsistent players get criticized. News at 11.

100% this.

What people fail to realize sometimes is that Drouin's harshest "critic's" actually want to see him succeed as much as anyone else. There is no reason he can't put this type of effort in and do this every game.

Reactions: Oryxo

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
He’s been answering to the critics off the ice and on the ice in one of the hardest market to play in...so far he’s put his money where his mouth is, so what the heck do you guys want from him? Skate on water??? I swear GET.OFF. IT... This is why NO STAR PLAYERS WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH MTL. The Tavares, Point, Marner, Panarin, Duchene of the hockey world are avoiding MTL like the leagues plague. Don’t be pissed that Bergevin can’t sign the big guns in the off seasons when you aren’t making it any appealing to be here in the first place. And mark my words, the players outside know how you treat your own talents. So yeah keep it up with that great attitude. For years you guys been yapping about how the Drouin - Sergachev trade was a bad trade and that we should have kept Sergachev but let it be known real quick that he didn’t want to have anything to do with us after realizing what was the downsides of playing for that market and the unforgiving fans. In Drouin you have a hometowner, who truly wants to play here, treasure him.

It'd be nice if he didn't go last 26 games with 1 goal/7 points/-11 to end a season during a playoff push. Large markets in all sports are going to show hate to such a no show on their favourite team.

He played well/mediocre, he'll get love.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
No negative stuffs I’ve to say. None... I can’t complain. A reborn. I hope this isn’t a dream. I’m shocked.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
yeah it's obviously way too early but not too sure if he's ever been this good at any stretch in the pros so far so that at least points to some kind of real change though it's no guarantee of it.

all anyone can do is hope this can keep going as long as it can. but yeah i won't be so mad at not getting a top 5 pick this year if he can live up to the hype his junior career created.

if he's for real then we have the most raw potential we've had in a long time up front including young players and prospects. Domi, Drouin, KK, Suzuki, Poehling, CC, Gally hell we might be able to include Armia there if he keeps it going.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
I like his speed. Not using it enough in the past. When he is past his first few step he can fly. He has a good arsenal of shot too when alone with the goaltender.

Everyone wanna see him with Domi but I don't. Aside the first 20ish game last season they never got any real good chemistry.

I like him better with Armia to be honest. Kotkaniemi will learn too and gets the pts eventually playing with these two.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Put me in the cautiously optimistic camp, but not holding my breath still. If he’s consistent and keeps this up down the stretch, then maybe I’ll believe and buy in that he took the next step in his development and living up to his skill and potential.

I’m pleased thus far, though.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He doesn't have to be elite. I'd be happy with him being a consistent 30 goal scorer as long as he shows up and creates things every night. He doesn't have to be a superstar.

Glad to see him having a good start to the year. Hopefully he keeps it this way the rest of the way.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Never had a 10 game stretch in his career where he was this good. Hands down turning into an elite player.
But but but... he’s a dumb player who will never ever be good and you’ve been saying it since 2012, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad