Player Discussion Jonathan Drouin - Blue White Red Dead Redemption Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You don't think clearing your nasal passages would help you to breathe easier? Do we just have noses to smell?
Of course it helps breathe, people don't get their septums operated for no reason... On the other hand, do you really think he breathes with his mouth closed when he skates all out and goes on a breakaway? You really think that's what kept him to 3 points in some 20 games at the end of last season?

Please. Anyone can do sports by breathing through their mouth.

I like what I see from this season, and if he keeps it up I'll be a huge fan, but to use this nose nonsense to excuse his poor up and down performance so far in the NHL (before this year) is not realistic.

He has (had) an ego problem, as shown when he decided to play in Ste-Adele instead of the AHL, and has shown a poor work ethic until last year.

If he matured and got better over this summer, then great. I'll be the first one to admit I was a wreck at 23.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Happy for him and I’ve thrown some nasty posts his way. I just may have to get his jersey this year... Hope I do!

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
That is the dumbest thing I ever read (not necessarily about you, but since the original article). The guy has a freaking mouth, no way he had trouble breathing enough to not be able to skate properly.
Ahem, I had surgery to repair a deviated septum and you are correct, it's BS. Posters are jumping out of the woodwork right now and yelling fake I told you so's all over the thread. See if they are still here if and when he reverts back to last season's bad form. He has lots to prove and not just to fans here, the hockey world is watching him, let's see if he finally swallowed his pride and accepted the fact that opposing teams don't see Mario Lemieux v2 when he jumps over the boards. He is merely doing what I said he needed to do all of last year and that is paying attention to the details of the game, doing the little things, game 11 btw, lol this board.

Reactions: Rapala

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
He said he is doing things to get engaged in the game early instead of skating around hoping things happen.

Those two goals saturday were elite level goals. Knowing how to hang around the blue line and take advantage of a turnover and then just sniping when you get to the goalie.

His confidence is high right now and it's a good thing to build upon.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
That is the dumbest thing I ever read (not necessarily about you, but since the original article). The guy has a freaking mouth, no way he had trouble breathing enough to not be able to skate properly.
Never heard about tooth protector ? :facepalm:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Ahem, I had surgery to repair a deviated septum and you are correct, it's BS. Posters are jumping out of the woodwork right now and yelling fake I told you so's all over the thread. See if they are still here if and when he reverts back to last season's bad form. He has lots to prove and not just to fans here, the hockey world is watching him, let's see if he finally swallowed his pride and accepted the fact that opposing teams don't see Mario Lemieux v2 when he jumps over the boards. He is merely doing what I said he needed to do all of last year and that is paying attention to the details of the game, doing the little things, game 11 btw, lol this board.
of course , if it didn't help your own respiration, it won't to anybody else because everybody were having exactly the same problem, the same canals, the same nose as you

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
JAPPO may be suggesting that septum surgery has differing effects on people. Some breathe easier or increase their overall blood oxygen levels.
In Drouin’s case? His septum surgery caused his balls to drop at 24 years old!
Drouin is doing what it takes to be successful, little things that he was not doing before and these guys are coming back to this thread to make more excuses for him, his nose had nothing to do with it, his new work ethic does.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I don't know if anyone noticed but some of the old Jonathan crept in to his last game. He took a dumb penalty at a very inopportune moment and he also had one of his patented giveaways on the wrong side of the red line. Last year those things seemed to end up in our net. Jury isn't out by a long shot on this guy.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't know if anyone noticed but some of the old Jonathan crept in to his last game. He took a dumb penalty at a very inopportune moment and he also had one of his patented giveaways on the wrong side of the red line. Last year those things seemed to end up in our net. Jury isn't out by a long shot on this guy.
Lol players make mistakes and give the puck away. I don't think anyone is expecting Drouin to never make a mistake in the 82 games. And no, the old Jonathan would have never busted his ass to backcheck like he did against the Leafs. Jury is definitely not out, but those are pretty ridiculous reasons.

Reactions: Demon Wolf

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lol players make mistakes and give the puck away. I don't think anyone is expecting Drouin to never make a mistake in the 82 games. And no, the old Jonathan would have never busted his ass to backcheck like he did against the Leafs. Jury is definitely not out, but those are pretty ridiculous reasons.

It was a case of NOT paying attention to detail. Not ridiculous at all had the Leafs scored on either of those situations it could have changed the outcome of the game.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
It was a case of NOT paying attention to detail. Not ridiculous at all had the Leafs scored on either of those situations it could have changed the outcome of the game.
It is absolutely ridiculous. Every NHL player(scrub or superstar) will take bad penalties at times.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It is absolutely ridiculous. Every NHL player(scrub or superstar) will take bad penalties at times.
What is ridiculous is you thinking it's ridiculous. We aren't talking about Every NHL'r we are talking about Drouin who has a history and a much shorter leash. Loved his two goals but he needs to avoid the obvious blunders.

Reactions: Tighthead

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Well isnt that obvious, players make mistake that could change the outcome of a game.....more at 11

Mistake are done by every nhl hockey players......everyone of them, hockey is the ultimate game of mistake the goal is to make as little as possible JD's been very good to avoid them so far. i think the worst one in that departement so far this season is Domi but hey i can live with that cuz those guy's need to bring offense to the team so they gonna take some risk doing so

Reactions: The Great Weise

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Much merit in my argument discussing a specific player instead of every player.
Well that's a dumb thing to request. "He should never ever make a turnover or take a penalty for the rest of his career". It's basically what you are saying and it's absurd to say that he showed signs of old Drouin when he worked his ass off and was back checking consistently along with 2 goals.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Drouin is doing what it takes to be successful, little things that he was not doing before and these guys are coming back to this thread to make more excuses for him, his nose had nothing to do with it, his new work ethic does.
Thank you doctor Recchi to share your medical acknowledgements about Drouin's surgery

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Maybe he's just a 65pt player that will never realize his potential, just like a ton of other highly touted prospects? If that's all management wanted, they probably are happy. If fans expected a hometown superstar, they are going to be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad