Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Depends, and I guess we have to wait and see. The "1-3 players a year" could be said about any club though, so I don't really see the point in that argument.

Benefits could be:
- more money in the KHL -> more money to Jokerit -> more money to their youth system
- young players getting a taste of better hockey up close -> better inspiration
- more interest in hockey generally among Finns, especially if winning Gagarin (already spurred some interest in Prague, eventhough they lost)

Probably negatives too, but too boring to think of.

Jokerit haven't been paying for their youth system in general, except for A-juniors. Only guarantee about the juniors so far is that C- and B-juniors don't have to pay for their playing starting next season, all equipment and team payments are covered by Jokerit which is why there have been many players in try-outs fro those teams. What's up in the air so far is the fate of the A-juniors, there have been rumors other A-junior teams don't want them in the league since the "parent club" are no longer in Lüga (clubs that are, get a place in the A-juniors league automatically). Also the coaching at A-juniors currently is anything but appealing for many players.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
In Finland hockey has about as much potential for growth as it does in Canada. It's more about not losing its position to soccer or other sports that do have that potential.

When it comes to a position as a spectator sport, hockey is so far ahead that football can't catch it. As for sport that's played, football is already the number one in that and the high cost of hockey is already luring those from lesser income families to floorball, so having a KHL team in Finland isn't going to change that in anyway.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Jokerit wasn't planned to be the saviour of the whole Finnish hockey and it is not supposed to do it alone. It's co-operation everywhere. KHL adds good extra to Finnish hockey, the complete picture is build how ever by all teams and leagues, so you can't expect that arguments where it is said "good for hockey" means that one team can change everything in Finnish hockey. Every team contributes their own part in to the mix, having a KHL team definitely is not going to hurt.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit wasn't planned to be the saviour of the whole Finnish hockey and it is not supposed to do it alone. It's co-operation everywhere. KHL adds good extra to Finnish hockey, the complete picture is build how ever by all teams and leagues, so you can't expect that arguments where it is said "good for hockey" means that one team can change everything in Finnish hockey. Every team contributes their own part in to the mix, having a KHL team definitely is not going to hurt.

I have no idea what this sentence is supposed to mean.

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
Season tickets to the fan section 249€ (20€ cheaper than before). Other prices aren't public yet but I can safely say that at least some seats will get an increase.

quartus

May 11, 2011

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
20€ cheaper than in Liiga?

What was the average attendance in Hartwall when playing in Liiga?
This is the fan section (around 1200 seats) which is insignificant financially but crucial for the atmosphere.

2013-14: 9252 (8762 without Winter Classic)
2012-13: 9828
2011-12: 9173
2010-11: 8487 (7516 without Winter Classic)
2009-10: 8295

Narri

Feb 26, 2014
Day 312: Still no top-9 centers.

I hope Hahl is not in our top 9. Good player but prone to injuries. He should be 4th line center.

But I guess defence is ready.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So Lajunen was signed after all, despite heavy rumors Jokerit had passed up on him (even from Jokerit fans). The guy who was not exactly liked during the Oddset Hockey Games.

Also I guess Kurri pretty much said the defense is set.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Signed:

Atte Ohtamaa (D)
Ville Lajunen (D)

Edit. 2 year deals for both

Right now it easily feels like Ohtamaa is the better signing, Lajunen is not, but I haven't keep my eye on those players early and this is based on only little amount of national games, so It can turn upside down during the World Championships, who knows. Ohtamaa looked really promising in EHT thinking about KHL level.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
YLE announced today they have secured the rights for the FIBA World Cup (Finland's games and the final) so that pretty much means they won't be spending money on KHL.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
YLE announced today they have secured the rights for the FIBA World Cup (Finland's games and the final) so that pretty much means they won't be spending money on KHL.

Viasat holds KHL rights, no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad