Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ The Captain obviously would've got more in Russia but he really likes the city and the club :handclap:

I said it before that Jokerit should sign him to long term contract and I'm surprised they got him.

Time to watch some Jokerit hockey tomorrow against Kunlun. I haven't been watching that much this season.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Regin's contract extension is great news and it's clearly a sign that Jokerit will remain in KHL.

I'm guessing they already have enough sponsors for next season(s) but cannot go public with all of them just yet.

E: Jokerit Mannequin Challenge: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZOB4DNzCPo

Last edited:

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
It has been said before by Finnish posters that most Finns don't follow KHL extensively and can hardly tell the difference between Ak Bars and Kuznya coming to town (exaggerating a bit but point is solid).

It is not exaggerating. Totally contrary. None of my extended family could tell what Ak Bars or Kuznya is. Only one of my friends would know and he is a Jokerit fan. I know a bunch of Russians so they would probably too, but other than that people in Finland in general are really not that knowledgeable about Russian geography or ice hockey.

Jokerit has not really been doing that well in this season and there were some controversies in the last fall, so the attendance has not been that good. About the same than in Liiga i would think. I don't think that the attendance would drop significantly if they were to go back. They would still be the biggest team in the country.

Another thing to note is that in the KHL the tickets have been dirt cheap. I was in the first row of yesterdays game and payed 12,5 euros for the ticket. For tomorrows game i have tickets in the lower bowl that cost 27,50 per and it is Saturday. If the tickets were priced as they were in Liiga times, i would think that the attendance could be even worse than it was in Liiga.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
The most expensive seats for tomorrow's game, at the long side of the lower bowl, are between 60-82 euros. I'm pretty sure that Liiga tickets were never that expensive at Hartwall Arena. Those tickets have also sold quite well.

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
The most expensive seats for tomorrow's game, at the long side of the lower bowl, are between 60-82 euros. I'm pretty sure that Liiga tickets were never that expensive at Hartwall Arena.

They also didn't have dynamic pricing back then. I think that they mentioned in yesterdays game that there are only a few (hundred?) tickets left, so those ones that are left are probably going to cost more at this point.

I can't remember what the most expensive were going for when i bought my tickets a month ago (because i'm a cheap ass and have to often basically pay for two tickets :laugh:). Ours are at a corner for tomorrow. But for example for Sunday's 4.12.2016 game against UFA the tickets are going for 49,50 - 12,50 at the moment.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
80 EUR? Seriously? Unbelievable. I have two tickets for Dynamo Minsk (at the end of January, against Avto & Yugra) and paid 17 EUR in total. Three years ago, I had tickets for Arena Omsk for play-offs for less than 15 EUR (obviously, I didn't buy them since I wouldn't be able to travel there). Ticket prices for Jokerit and Slovan are too European for me to get.

penepi

Jul 6, 2013
Bratislava
80 EUR? Seriously? Unbelievable. I have two tickets for Dynamo Minsk (at the end of January, against Avto & Yugra) and paid 17 EUR in total. Three years ago, I had tickets for Arena Omsk for play-offs for less than 15 EUR (obviously, I didn't buy them since I wouldn't be able to travel there). Ticket prices for Jokerit and Slovan are too European for me to get.
Jokerit is Finland, that is just something else, especially in the capital. But I don't see Slovan's 13-25 EUR as very (Western-)European.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
The only way to try and create some rivalries and get the fans attention would be to increase the amount of games within the division and decrease the amount of games against the opposing conference. It feels more relevant playing SKA, Riga, Slovan, Medvescak, Dinamo Minsk (and Spartak..) than playing Yugra, Neftekhimik, Lada, Avtomobilist etc. And in a potential future Nordic/Baltic division, this would make more sense for Jokerit and other expansion clubs.

I remember that someone named a rather good schedule a few seasons ago: 4 games against each team in the division, 2 games against the other division in the conference and one game against the teams in the other conference = a 52 game regular season with 28 teams or 58 games with 32 teams. It would cut travel costs and the league could go back to start the season in September.

But hey, some clubs in the East want to see the glorious SKA play in their hometown so it's a bad idea to focus West :sarcasm:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki

But that's Belarus. Quite a difference in living conditions. In comparison, HIFK's most expensive tickets are €45.50 for the next home game in Liiga.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
But that's Belarus. Quite a difference in living conditions. In comparison, HIFK's most expensive tickets are €45.50 for the next home game in Liiga.

For comparison, I've seen Jokerit live 4 times: 3 times in Rauma vs Lukko and once in Turku vs TPS. Those games were before the euro and not once did I have to pay more than 20 FIM, IIRC. Seats in all games at the end of the rink.

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
Hansomreiste, I think that you are going to "love" this, if you think that the hockey tixs were expensive:

In Thursday's game i bought 2 sodas, a box of popcorn and a very small food snack consisting of 5 chicken fingers + dip and i payed 20,5 euros for it. :popcorn:

The tickets are cheap, most of the time i have been in the top of the upper bowl for 17,5 euros per ticket, but the rest of the stuff really isn't. Don't even get me started on the price of the beer :laugh:

Hoping for a good game for today, the barn is going to be full, and it's exciting to see the "Chinese" for the first time live :handclap: :yo:

Considering how many Finns they have, this is probably going to be the most Finnish game that the KHL has ever had :laugh::yo:

IamherefortheFinn

ObsessedWithTheLion
May 24, 2015
Trio Areena
Two Finns, not that much, actually two Slovaks played as well. But the funny thing is that both Finns scored. :)

What happened to the other Finns that started the season there? I thought that there were like 6 - 8 Finns?

Pretty good day today. We got a puck from Thursday's game so me and my kids started the day by playing with a official KHL -puck in the local sports park. And after that to the game in which Jokerit won third time this week :handclap:

I can see this ship turning it's course :yo: And the team looks like it is build for the playoffs. Just as long we can get there first :laugh:

Todays game was not sold out but there were more than 12k people. And Eteläpääty looked like it was in the two previous seasons. I did notice that they had a megaphone there today. I wonder if these things are some what connected? They did walk out after all at one time in the past when that device was previously banned. Looks like it's approved again.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
What happened to the other Finns that started the season there? I thought that there were like 6 - 8 Finns?

Pretty good day today. We got a puck from Thursday's game so me and my kids started the day by playing with a official KHL -puck in the local sports park. And after that to the game in which Jokerit won third time this week :handclap:

I can see this ship turning it's course :yo: And the team looks like it is build for the playoffs. Just as long we can get there first :laugh:

Todays game was not sold out but there were more than 12k people. And Eteläpääty looked like it was in the two previous seasons. I did notice that they had a megaphone there today. I wonder if these things are some what connected? They did walk out after all at one time in the past when that device was previously banned. Looks like it's approved again.
Jokerit has Warn, Lahti, Mantyla, Salmela, Jaalasvara, Jarvinen on active roster, Karhunen and Poysti are injured.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Three year deal for Jesse Joensuu as well. They would not announce these deals if they weren't sure about their future in KHL.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
The owner of Kunlun, Ngok Yan Yu, is apparently interested in buying Jokerit and Hartwall Arena: http://kauppalehti.fi/uutiset/lahde-jokereita-ja-hartwall-arenaa-kaupitellaan-kiinaan/qgZkm8Ti

This would solve many issues with Jokerit, primarily the problem with the current Russian minority owners and their sanctions. Hjallis Harkimo, the majority owner, is surprised to hear these rumours. However, it would not be the first time that Harkimo does not tell the truth to media.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Such a crappy team with a 10 point 2nd center. This Jokerit team is worse than some of their liiga teams. Keränen was absolute ***** and Jaakola is playing like he forgot how to play. Regin is amazing but one amazing player can't take u very far.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Such a crappy team with a 10 point 2nd center. This Jokerit team is worse than some of their liiga teams. Keränen was absolute ***** and Jaakola is playing like he forgot how to play. Regin is amazing but one amazing player can't take u very far.

Yeah, this team looks pretty disinterested even though they are fighting for a playoff spot. Too many soft players who would probably be good in the slower-paced Liiga but cannot handle the hard forecheck and good skating strength of KHL teams. Most of them have contracts that cover the next year as well, so not really a good situation for Jokerit.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
5th straight loss, what's wrong?

As I said the second line center Hishon has like 10 points and he is complete ****. Jaakola is also awful and some people were afraid he might have tried to go to NHL after last season lol. Salminen, even though he has some points, has played like a little kid who is scared of contact. Helenius is a horrible goalie, sadly Zapo can't play all games.
Genoway isn't as good as Larsen was. O`Neill isn't as good as Kozun was. Lauridsen is a great physical defender but he has no offensive talent whatsoever.

Jokerit plays very badly vs the lower level teams because they are not good enough for complete puck control yet they still try it.

Also it's still not sure if Jokerit will play in the KHL next season or not.. maybe the players know more and just gave up.

Jokerit has lots of chances every game but they just can't finish their opportunities. A few weeks ago they had a 8 round shootout were Jokerit didn't score a single goal, they are all so uncreative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad