Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
15M euro loss/year... On what? I mean, it's a good hockey budget even without earning a cent. Alright, transportation expeses are way higher in the KHL, and you gotta stay in hotels which costs as well. But all those expenses are probably 1-1.5M, hardly more. And Jokerit earns some money as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Are the russians going to keep covering Jokerits losses then? I thought they were going to pull the plug?

Apparently the budget is goin to go stay the same so there wil lbe no increases to the player budget. So I guess someone will eat up the losses againn

15M euro loss/year... On what? I mean, it's a good hockey budget even without earning a cent. Alright, transportation expeses are way higher in the KHL, and you gotta stay in hotels which costs as well. But all those expenses are probably 1-1.5M, hardly more. And Jokerit earns some money as well.

Travel and insurance, according to Jokerit bosses. No, they're not earning moeny in the form of profit. Their turnover is only slightly higher than that of Kärpät in Liiga, so there's no huge influx of revenue either.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Are the russians going to keep covering Jokerits losses then? I thought they were going to pull the plug?

They should keep covering it. I don't think Jokerit would enter a 5 year deal without secure finances for all those seasons

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They should keep covering it. I don't think Jokerit would enter a 5 year deal without secure finances for all those seasons

There's some rumours that Arenaevents are trying make the moneyhole arena "sellable" in those 5 years and see where things go from there on.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
5 more years of russian sugar daddies paying the losses was a big surprise but the best part of the deal is that Jussi keeps on being pissed off the next 5 years :handclap: :laugh:

Jokerit turns 50 years old next season so according to Harkimo there will be "big" investments.

I have just one wish, Steve Moses please. Bring him back to his "hockey home".

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
5 more years of russian sugar daddies paying the losses was a big surprise but the best part of the deal is that Jussi keeps on being pissed off the next 5 years :handclap: :laugh:

Jokerit turns 50 years old next season so according to Harkimo there will be "big" investments.

I have just one wish, Steve Moses please. Bring him back to his "hockey home".

Don't see how that's going to happen if the budget stays the same.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
The legal expert on sport matters seems to think that Liiga clubs had an illegal cartel and thus they will be fined for it. Interesting to see what kind of sums we're talking about here.

All the hate towards KHL and Jokerit might become costly for Liiga.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
illegal cartel? wtf?)))

Yes, like Jussi said, the clubs in Liiga had mutual agreement that nobody should sign players from Jokerit, until the end of season. Apparently it wasn't enough that a contract was terminated mutually during a season, as the player was still regarded as a Jokerit player.

Hiring players straight from other KHL clubs was fine with Liiga, even during a season, which shows that the rule was directed against Jokerit.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Jokerit and Kunlun have struck a deal, with Jokerit getting "exclusive rights" to hockey development in China. Basically Jokerit will be assisting Kunlun with player development, coaching, marketing, improving facilities and so on.

One of the goals is to improve Chinese hockey for the 2022 Olympics.

http://kauppalehti.fi/uutiset/joker...onen-osoitus-suuresta-luottamuksesta/rJdwCdMk

Plus Jokerit´s bussiness partners will have opportunity to promote their companies in Chinese market. This would never happened if Jokerit played Liiga.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Plus Jokerit´s bussiness partners will have opportunity to promote their companies in Chinese market. This would never happened if Jokerit played Liiga.

Yes, that's a potentially big thing as well, especially because the Russian market became off-limits due to sanctions. Let's hope that the South China Sea situation remains peaceful :sarcasm:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit and Kunlun have struck a deal, with Jokerit getting "exclusive rights" to hockey development in China. Basically Jokerit will be assisting Kunlun with player development, coaching, marketing, improving facilities and so on.

One of the goals is to improve Chinese hockey for the 2022 Olympics.

http://kauppalehti.fi/uutiset/joker...onen-osoitus-suuresta-luottamuksesta/rJdwCdMk

Considering the state of Jokerit juniors, don't expect huge steps in developments. :laugh: / :facepalm:

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
Kurri confirmed on KHL's site that Jokerit player budget won't increase next season. So much for that "huge focus on the anniversary year"...

Not a big problem. After all 2016/2017 was definitely Jokerit's last season in the KHL.
Surely... :help:

admire

Denmark Fan
May 9, 2010
Denmark
So there are rumors that Jokerit might have Nicklas Jensen next year...traded the right for Larsen away and got the rights for jensen.

Think this could be another good fit. Jensen has been very good on big ice at the last few WCs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad