Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
Ok so what you're saying is that the team is just not good enough. Throughout the season I was quite confident that Jokerit would make playoffs, but I am not so sure anymore looking at the remaining games and the current form.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
As I said the second line center Hishon has like 10 points and he is complete ****. Jaakola is also awful and some people were afraid he might have tried to go to NHL after last season lol. Salminen, even though he has some points, has played like a little kid who is scared of contact. Helenius is a horrible goalie, sadly Zapo can't play all games.
Genoway isn't as good as Larsen was. O`Neill isn't as good as Kozun was. Lauridsen is a great physical defender but he has no offensive talent whatsoever.

Jokerit plays very badly vs the lower level teams because they are not good enough for complete puck control yet they still try it.

Also it's still not sure if Jokerit will play in the KHL next season or not.. maybe the players know more and just gave up.

Jokerit has lots of chances every game but they just can't finish their opportunities. A few weeks ago they had a 8 round shootout were Jokerit didn't score a single goal, they are all so uncreative.

Jokerit have a very poor record with shootouts, running into several season in Liiga as well.

Seems ownership doesn't have much faith in the team either as should Jokerit make it into the 3rd round of the playoffs, they'd have to play at the Metro Areena in Espoo because Hartwall is booked for the figure skating World Championships. What is pissing of the fans even more is that those games would not be included in the playoff season ticket, meaning they would have to pay extra for them.

Last edited:

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Seems ownership doesn't have much faith in the team either as should Jokerit make it into the 3rd round of the playoffs, they'd have to play at the Metro Areena in Espoo because Hartwall is booked for the figure skating World Championships. What is pissing of the fans even more is that those games would not be included in the playoff season ticket, meaning they would have to pay extra for them.

I am about done with this team and so are many others.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
This is final journey for sure. At the moment when Jokerit signed to KHL my 25 year relationship with team was over. In that moment me and lots of other guys leaved the team, because everyone of us knew that this KHL **** will only destroy the team.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
The figure skating championships thing would have happened in Liiga as well, like it did in 1999. It's a very lucrative event for the whole city.

I'm guessing it brings in a lot more money for the arena than the (possible) playoff matches.

kulenova seka

This is final journey for sure. At the moment when Jokerit signed to KHL my 25 year relationship with team was over. In that moment me and lots of other guys leaved the team, because everyone of us knew that this KHL **** will only destroy the team.

Jokerit leaving KHL after this season or your journey as fan is over ?:)

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Jokerit leaving KHL after this season or your journey as fan is over ?:)

Guys from china are going to buy Jokerit, i think that will destroy them once and for all . My journey as fan was over in the moment when Harkimo announced that he is going to sell half of Jokerit to Russian guys and they are going to KHL.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
The last 2 wins of Jokerit.. are vs SKA. What the actual **** is with this damn team? They can beat the best team in Europe twice but also lose to the worst teams of KHL. Some consistency would be nice :D

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Yeah today's result was definitely not expected

It was my first time for two years watching Jokerit play, because Viaplay gave me a chance. Kovalchuk is a **** i don't know is he trying to be some Conor McGregor of hockey but show little bit more respect man ! But it was so fun to see that Karma paid him back and they lose the game.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Guys from china are going to buy Jokerit, i think that will destroy them once and for all . My journey as fan was over in the moment when Harkimo announced that he is going to sell half of Jokerit to Russian guys and they are going to KHL.
I actually believe the opposite. The way the club has been handled by the Russians this and last season is ****. And he might be willing to invest in the team instead of seeing it as as the bonus child you got with your new wife, like Rotenberg did.

Anyway, we'll see how things turn out. My guess is that Jokert will stay at least 3 more seasons, considering the long contract extensions on Joensuu and Regin.

The league board will probably find one way or another to finance Jokerit's budget if that's the case. If Jokerit (and potentially Slovan in the future) would leave the KHL, they can kiss the idea of bigger European teams joining the league goodbye. (But hey, perhaps they don't care about it as much as before, considering no established team has been rumoured joining the league in a while, plus the whole Crowns project)

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
I actually believe the opposite. The way the club has been handled by the Russians this and last season is ****. And he might be willing to invest in the team instead of seeing it as as the bonus child you got with your new wife, like Rotenberg did.

Totally agree with you about Russian guys, but anyone isn't really suprised that situation leaded to this, almost everyone from Jokerit fan base knew their interest before they came in. Harkimo has always been totally **** and selling Jokerit to Russia was his last trick. Jokerit nowadays is all about money, so far away from that club what i fell in love 25 years ago.

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
I am so pissed and this season is ****ed.

Interesting side note: Jokerit's season will probably end February 16. Liiga's transfer window closes February 15.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
So Liiga has given a 100 000 € fine to Ilves because they hired Michael Keränen, who had been released from Jokerit a while ago. Apparently there is a verbal agreement in Liiga which prohibits clubs from hiring players from Jokerit. The players' association is going to challenge the fine in court, saying that the agreement is unfair and against EU rules regarding employment.

It's a messy situation and really bad publicity for Liiga. Also, by forbidding Liiga clubs from hiring Jokerit players, Liiga is shooting itself in the foot, as they are potentially forcing good players to go to other leagues. Liiga still has a grudge against Jokerit and they want to make life harder for Jokerit, even if it has negative consequences for them as well.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Harkimo's tweet is apparently a reference to this news: https://www.uusisuomi.fi/urheilu/214986-hurja-huhu-jokereiden-khl-projekti-vetelee-viimeisiaan

Betsson (who were first sponsor partner for Jokerit in KHL) even released odds for it becasue they claim they have source for it, hence releasing the odds:

- Olemme saaneet tietolähteeltämme vihiä tämän suuntaisesta. NordicBet seuraa pohjoismaista kiekkoa hyvin läheltä, joten olemme varsin hyvin informoituja, Kvist muotoilee ja muistuttaa yhtiön olleen Jokerien ensimmäisellä KHL-kaudella seuran pääyhteistyökumppani.

Since vorky either won't translate Russian articles or use crappy Google translate, I'll do the same for you and leave you at Google's mercy.

Besides, Harkimo is not Drumpf and therefore wouldn't make this public on twitter. He'd do it with a proper presser.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
^^ Rumours and rumours. I'll wait for an official confirmation.

The KHL section of the Finnish message board Jatkoaika is an absolute whinefest at the moment, people are convinced that the referees are biased against Jokerit and that KHL will never allow Jokerit to drop CSKA from the playoffs. Although there are a few voices of reasons who are saying that the team is just not good enough :sarcasm:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
April 30 is deadline for applications for new season, so maybe the deal will be confirmed before that?

Refs - Do finnish fans know that KHL amended rules before PO? I was watching CSKA v Jokerit game at slovak TV & commentators did not know what was happening after first CSKA goal. Do finnish fans know that czech ref Fraňo was officialing their game vs CSKA? Why should KHL want to see CSKA in next round instead of Jokerit? To have lower attendance? Does not make sense.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Things like that arent announced in the middle of the season. That was a reason why Jokerit joining KHL was announced in June 2013. Just look at calendar - January is full of holidays, AllStarGame, February - EHT break, Playoffs. Not a time to announce such things. Maybe finnish journalists dont know, but Jokerit-KHL deal must be approved by KHL Board, which usually meets in December and after season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad