Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Rissanen: big and physical defensive d man, cross-checking machine.

Niemi: two way center

Hishon: 1st round pick (17OA) in 2010 in NHL. Hopefully he can play more his game here. Small and young center who missed almost two seasons due to concussion. Mikko Rantanen and Kozun recommended Jokerit to him.

Last edited:

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Chcuf2zUoAAbXI2.jpg

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Jokerit are slowly learning what they need to do to be successful. It's a good roster already and they will sign at least one forward more.

Goaltending is a question mark but otherwise they're looking solid.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Team is set. Not bad at all.

My lineup:

Keränen-Regin-Salminen
Joensuu-Hishon-O'Neill
Huhtala-Niemi-Jormakka
Anttila-Wirtanen-Marjamäki
Talaja-Mäkinen-Mäki
Gymer-Mäkinen

Jaakola-Genoway
Kulda-Lajunen
Jensen-Lauridsen
Rissanen-Jalvanti
Todd-Rautanen

Zapolski
Helenius
Kautto
Peeters

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
You're right. Seems like SKA bought Kozun's rights and traded Kozun's rights to Lokomotiv for the rights of Sergei Plotnikov

Things finally went official and Kozun is heading to SKA

What pisses me off though is the trade itself. Kozun in exchange of Sakari Salminen? What a crappy trade. I'm pretty sure financial compensation would've been better. Jokerit got around €2M for Moses, I'm pretty sure Kozun would land around those numbers as well

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Things finally went official and Kozun is heading to SKA

What pisses me off though is the trade itself. Kozun in exchange of Sakari Salminen? What a crappy trade. I'm pretty sure financial compensation would've been better. Jokerit got around €2M for Moses, I'm pretty sure Kozun would land around those numbers as well
Whaa, Nope. The KHL's player rights arent as big as people think they are plus add Rottenberg to the mix when dealing these rights...

Kozun is just a chip for SKA.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Havent signed to any club yet but he would like to have a contract close to Helsinki area. He was rumored to TPS and Ässät few months ago.

Ok, so we probably won't get to see him in SHL then.

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
The team is set. Looking really good on paper, more interesting than the previous season's team at least. Should have the potential but ofcrouse very hard to judge at this point, we'll see. And ofcourse the coach change. Interesting to see what JJ can bring on the table. No Sprengler cup this season, as I have understood, which is great news for the team. More rest and easier schedule.

Season start will be rough, much tougher than the two previous seasons which have started at home. 6 visitor games, (two trips?). 3 games, break and 3 games in the east. Ufa and Magnito, both absolute top teams in the eastern.

Pre-season is shorter this time, only 4 games and basically two of them against top khl teams. I like it, not overly long.

Jokerit are placed quite high this season by various bookmakers, basically in top 5 if we look at the outrights.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
I hope you guys have enough goons this time to deal with "you wanna mess with me you cheeky ****" ? (Mod) style of play. This is what Jokerit badly lacked last season. Personally, I love hockey for that reason: something that looks so insignificant and simple may cost you a whole series and essentially work of a whole season. I think this might be Jokerit's season to shine if everything goes OK.

Last edited by a moderator:

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
I hope you guys have enough goons this time to deal with "you wanna mess with me you cheeky ****" ? (Mod) style of play. This is what Jokerit badly lacked last season. Personally, I love hockey for that reason: something that looks so insignificant and simple may cost you a whole series and essentially work of a whole season. I think this might be Jokerit's season to shine if everything goes OK.

Not so much :D Well, defense is pretty tough. Looks like the goal was to add some skill and speed which is always good for the khl rinks. I don't think there is much use of goons(who aren't fast and skilled enough) in khl nowadays but sure, get your point about physical play. Even in nhl, many teams have replaced size with speed as the newish more strict rules benefit that kind of play.

Also correction to my above post, i think there will be couple more practise games coming as the team will attend the nikolai putshkov memorial cup in peterspurgh like the previous seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad