Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^ most likely you will get tickets on gameday in darkish weather.

Torpedo series was learning school for Jokerit but they cant fight against the KHL head office which wet themselves on that series. Torpedo got away from things that should have been suspensions but thats history. But you can clearly see that Jokerit is now more prepared, they are bigger, meaner and stronger than last season. Though I would have added a real goon on that squad. Sadly the Gratton rumours werent true.

Jokerit are glad that they can start home games in September.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Players arrived last week and headcoach Jukka Jalonen took the team in control yesterday.

Pics:
http://www.jokerit.com/day-1-katso-kuvakooste

jokerit_treenit_2507_14.jpg

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
After first good practise session goalie Helenius said that Hishon looked the most dangerous player on the ice as he can find team mates with his passes from difficult positions.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
^ most likely you will get tickets on gameday in darkish weather.

Torpedo series was learning school for Jokerit but they cant fight against the KHL head office which wet themselves on that series. Torpedo got away from things that should have been suspensions but thats history. But you can clearly see that Jokerit is now more prepared, they are bigger, meaner and stronger than last season. Though I would have added a real goon on that squad. Sadly the Gratton rumours werent true.

Jokerit are glad that they can start home games in September.

I am not quite sure what you mean by darkish weather? it gets dark early in October?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Yes. And wet. And miserable. You'd be lookins for a rope or a shotgun in a few weeks.

Where, in Finland?... sure it does... but dont you guys have that all dialed in with underground facilities & UV lighting?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What? October weather should be just fine. I personally love the weather all the way from august to november. That is the best damn season. ;)
Starting from january it gets really dark, cold and miserable. Cold weather is the worst. I think it would be something like 50% chance of having snow by christmas eve in Helsinki.

http://www.accuweather.com/fi/fi/helsinki/133328/month/133328?monyr=10/01/2016

Over here in the South Western Finland, October-November is usually the most depressing weatherwise. It's dark, gloomy, windy, rainy, no snow.

Last edited:

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Over here in the South Western Finland, October-November is usually the msot depressing weatherwise. It's dark, gloomy, windy, rainy, no snow.

Yes, some people prefer snow and light. I personally don't mind rain and early sunset as long as the weather is somewhat warm still :popcorn:

0-0 vs sibir full time. I managed to watch only 2nd period and half of third as I had some problems with veikkaus tv. Quite messy game both sides but Jokerit looked relatively good considering it was the first real practise game, no point analyzing too much at this point. Should be good to build on this.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
They beat SKA 2-1 few days ago and Kovalchuck was thrown out :laugh:

Marjamäki being Marjamäki
B11A2403.jpg

Lauridsen physics already getting opponents crazy in front of the Jokerit net
B11A2567.jpg

B11A2575.jpg

"What!? You are throwing me out!?" Kovie again helping SKA's opponent team :laugh:
B11A2645.jpg

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Still 3 pre-season games in Russia next week. They need that time cause the Jukka Jalonen's gamebook isn't still inside the players heads.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Jokerit will have a press conference today at 15.20 Finnish time, regarding the future of Jokerit and KHL. Chernysenko, president of KHL, is attending as well.

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Lame press conference, basically they just said that Jokerit have done well in KHL and both parties are happy to continue their partnership. Right now they are negotiating a new deal for three years and it should ready by the end of this year.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
Lame press conference, basically they just said that Jokerit have done well in KHL and both parties are happy to continue their partnership. Right now they are negotiating a new deal for three years and it should ready by the end of this year.

Sorry to sound overly sarcastic, but how is that lame? We now know that Jokerit will be in the league for at least 3 more years. What else were you expecting? News about Jimmy Hoffa? Maybe D B Cooper? Perhaps juggling clowns?

CPFC

Sep 12, 2004
Sorry to sound overly sarcastic, but how is that lame? We now know that Jokerit will be in the league for at least 3 more years. What else were you expecting? News about Jimmy Hoffa? Maybe D B Cooper? Perhaps juggling clowns?

It's not a done deal yet though, they're still working on finances and stuff. That's been the case for quite some time so they literally had nothing new to report. People were expecting something concrete since the president of KHL was also present.

BTW, when asked about possible expansion, Chernysenko said that the KHL is nearing the maximum number of teams. There has been interest from Sweden, UK and Germany, as we know, but they didn't meet the necessary requirements.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
It's actually sad that teams have to negotiate to be able to stay in KHL. I mean, normally, leaving the league should be "extraordinary" but in KHL, even successful teams like Jokerit have to plan it way early to see if they can make ends meet by being part of the organization. So what? Three years and Jokerit will be gone? I wish there will be more stability about this. Sure, Jokerit nearing an agreement is better than losing the team but still, even the talks happening about this makes me nervous about the future of this league. Without KHL, nothing matters.

Go Donbass

Sep 27, 2013
Vinnitsa, Ukraine
It's not a done deal yet though, they're still working on finances and stuff. That's been the case for quite some time so they literally had nothing new to report. People were expecting something concrete since the president of KHL was also present.

BTW, when asked about possible expansion, Chernysenko said that the KHL is nearing the maximum number of teams. There has been interest from Sweden, UK and Germany, as we know, but they didn't meet the necessary requirements.

Fair enough and sorry again for the sarcasm. Your original post sounded a lot more concrete.

As for expansion, I would think they wouldn't want to go much beyond 30-32 teams. I can see some of the weak sister Russian teams re-locating to stronger markets in Russia or even stronger markets in Europe.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The day the Russian sugar daddies stop paying the losses. Jokerit is out.

Jokerit lost lots of old school fans when moving to KHL and they keep losing more especially after Roman the Rat Rottenberg's stuff in Hartwall Arena --> painted second locker room to SKA's colors, they are selling SKA merch in Jokerit's home arena, they played SKA's goal song in Jokerit's home arena. Rat keeps SKA shirt in Hartwall Arena and celebrates SKA's goals like they won the championship.

Best thing would be that Rat Rottenberg would sell his 49% share of Jokerit to some other Sugar Daddy. Hjallis says he is still the team's main shot caller with his 51% share but he (or Kohonen) can't control all the stupid stuff what happens in Hartwall Arena where Rat is the shot caller with his 100%.

Jatkoaika has turned into a big mess...Jokerit fans have been seperated to two groups even more, the fans who are still in and the ones that are out but still keep "holding on" and spam their bad feelings. Little bit like Jussi here in the beginning.

Some reports though are saying that they have sold 4200-4500 season tickets already.

My feelings goes like roller coaster atm...someday I hate KHL so much and couldnt care about Jokerit that much and someday I support them like I always have. It's weird.

Also there is so much other entertainment these days competing with hockey supporting and not enough time for everything. At least for me.

I have a feeling that Jokerit section here will be a lot more quiet this season.

Last edited:

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Pre-Season over and ending to 3-6 victory over SKA in a quite convinging manner once again. Jokerit are looking very good judging by the pre-season which have been somewhat reliable indicator past two seasons. Last season the team struggled during the pre-season especially with the offense which continued the whole season. Now the 5on5 looks already more solid and offense seems effortless.

While Westerlund is a good tournament coach I tink JJ might have just couple more tricks up his sleeve as a regular season coach than Erkka.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Jokerit - Torpedo should be interesting today, considering what was going on during last play offs - that's how rivalries are born, 1st stage.

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Well, well, well. I told the season start will be much tougher this season, 7 games on the road and teams are full of energy at home in the beginning of the season. While Sothsi game was more or less bad luck this was a clear win by torpedo. SOG 33 torpedo - 22 jokerit

I would assume some line changes are on the table too. Will be tough 4 road games coming that's for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad