Jokerit 16/17 - The Final Journey?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Do you think it would be good business to keep HA empty? Or do you think it's the only arena on Earth?

They should have to pay for it. Another expense. Running a Liiga team isn't a gold mine. Although must to admit, it's not nearly as difficult as trying to run some KHL team.

But they can't gain any revenues from other users to cover team's expenses. Plus, the services and facilities might not be as good as they used to have. Liiga-Jokerit wouldn't be Rotenberg's toy anymore. Just another paying customer.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but would be difficult at least IMHO.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They should have to pay for it. Another expense. Running a Liiga team isn't a gold mine. Although must to admit, it's not nearly as difficult as trying to run some KHL team.

But they can't gain any revenues from other users to cover team's expenses. Plus, the services and facilities might not be as good as they used to have. Liiga-Jokerit wouldn't be Rotenberg's toy anymore. Just another paying customer.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but would be difficult at least IMHO.

If SM-liiga Jokerit were run as well as the KHL Jokerit (meaning front office, team building, marketing), I'd say it would be easier to build a championship caliber team with much less wasted money than during the last run and also make profit.

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
This Jussi guy is so funny. Hit and run boy! I don't have time to explain how the money moved between Jokerit and Hartwall Areena. All I can say he is wrong again. Have you ever found any good things to say about Jokerit or are just blinded by your childish hate?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Most likely some new players:

-Josh Gratton :popcorn: :fight: :hit:
(He just started to follow Jokerit on social media, doesn't follow any other European teams than his current club Ässät. Now also Jokerit. 1+1 = 2)

Good maths bro (y) Only way I see you fail if gratton is friend of Mcintrye.

What about goons? You need one or two of them.

There's gratton on the list. He has took out guys with cheap shots, can fight.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
He is tough enough (career fights 261) and can play too (sort of) and I guess you don't understand enforcer culture? It's win some, lose some. Sometimes you get beaten, sometimes you beat somebody. Even though Svitov is big mofo, he has lost fights too.

OT but 261.. think about going in fist fight 261 times. That's just something that I would call something. :yo:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Direct quote from the story:

Jatkoaika posters who read the story also said that many of Gratton's friends have had injury issues develop from fighting and he wants to avoid that.

Jokerit has 100 000 to 200 000 reasons for him to make the headshots, cheap shots, slashes to polvitaive, the fights. Assuming he is signed, there is absolutely no reason to sign him to play actual hockey in high level league like KHL. If he is signing with team like jokerit, there is absolutely no reason for it outside violence. Yes, maybe in England he can play with the puck, maybe in Liiga he can be a good bottom line guy to some extent, in KHL he is useless outside of gooning it up and Kurri is not idiot.

Josh Gratton ‏@gratty24 Mar 3 Kouvola, Suomi

Gald to see the @smliiga decided against any suspensions from last nights HIFK game. #boyswillbeboys

Yeah sure this guy doesnt understand gooning.. He does what he is told to and it includes gooning. FEL doesnt need as much gooning as the KHL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuJHiZt1qB4

Love this celly. Score a goal, drink from opponent goalie bottle.

Last edited:

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
Only? How high is the overall budget?

That's a decent player budget. Actually, I dont think anybody knows at this point what exact payroll will be for 2016-2017.

For example in sm-liiga the average payroll is ~2m, Swedish SEL slightly higher than smliiga but not much. So it's still nearly 5 Finnish smliiga teams payrolls combined. Ofcourse that is not even close to the top8 teams payrolls in khl. Few years back I checked and there were atleast 7-8 teams paying equal to nhl teams' average payroll "net" salaries. But as they have foreigner limit rule for russian teams, jokerit can be very competitive against anybody.

For next season's team im looking forward to see more skill, speed and youth. Less veterans. Im highly confident Kurri, Vuorinen & Jalonen will build a good team once again.

I think this season's jokerit were a bit worse than 2014-2015. It wasn't nearly as entertaining to watch and lacked some skill definitely. Damn, I wish jokerit had team full of omarks and kozuns :laugh:

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
That's a decent player budget. Actually, I dont think anybody knows at this point what exact payroll will be for 2016-2017.

For example in sm-liiga the average payroll is ~2m, Swedish SEL slightly higher than smliiga but not much. So it's still nearly 5 Finnish smliiga teams payrolls combined. Ofcourse that is not even close to the top8 teams payrolls in khl. Few years back I checked and there were atleast 7-8 teams paying equal to nhl teams' average payroll "net" salaries. But as they have foreigner limit rule for russian teams, jokerit can be very competitive against anybody.

For next season's team im looking forward to see more skill, speed and youth. Less veterans. Im highly confident Kurri, Vuorinen & Jalonen will build a good team once again.

I think this season's jokerit were a bit worse than 2014-2015. It wasn't nearly as entertaining to watch and lacked some skill definitely. Damn, I wish jokerit had team full of omarks and kozuns :laugh:
The average SHL player budget is about €4.3 million! The new SHL teams for this season have around €2.7 million.

Is the average player budget really that low in Liiga?

IAM

Sep 3, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
The average SHL player budget is about €4.3 million! The new SHL teams for this season have around €2.7 million.

In the season previews, combined player budgets amounted to 31 250 000 €. With 15 clubs that rounds out to 2 083 333€ per club.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Those figures are fimiliar from Liiga (you see budgets from 2 to 6 million I think). Im not sure how the average can be 2.0. Werent those budgets listed just while ago, and almost no one had much under 2m, some teams had similar budgets to swedish league.

Whiskey In the Jar

Jan 28, 2013
A bit offtopic but this is from liiga.fi. With these budgets the teams started the 2015-2016. Actually, as jokerit left liiga and two smaller teams have since joined liiga, the average payroll have gotten slightly smaller what it was few years back.

Blues: budjetti 4 400 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 550 000€
HIFK: budjetti 9 000 000€, pelaajabudjetti 3 200 000€
HPK: budjetti 5 463 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 600 000€
Ilves: budjetti 5 100 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 700 000€
JYP: budjetti 6 850 000€, pelaajabudjetti 2 400 000€
KalPa: budjetti 6 239 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 950 000€
KooKoo: budjetti 3 900 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 400 000€
Kärpät: budjetti 9 900 000€, pelaajabudjetti 3 000 000€
Lukko: budjetti 7 850 000€, pelaajabudjetti 2 700 000€
Pelicans: budjetti 5 550 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 800 000€
SaiPa: budjetti 5 391 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 800 000€
Sport: budjetti 5 438 000€, pelaajabudjetti 1 500 000€
Tappara: budjetti 6 850 000€, pelaajabudjetti 2 500 000€
TPS: budjetti 5 720 000€, pelaajabudjetti 2 300 000€
Ässät: budjetti 5 745 100€, pelaajabudjetti 2 050 000€

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
He actually hates you. His own words. :laugh:

But why would he? Is there any interview or sth. like that? I'd really want to see. Salavat is a great team. No need to say how beautiful and modern Ufa is. Why would anyone hate such a team located in a city like Ufa?

Salavat Yulaev

Jul 20, 2013
Almaty
But why would he? Is there any interview or sth. like that? I'd really want to see. Salavat is a great team. No need to say how beautiful and modern Ufa is. Why would anyone hate such a team located in a city like Ufa?

SYu club is known for providing really good conditions for players so they could concentrate on hockey only. Pihlstrom and Hartikainen mentioned this many times. Maybe some interpersonal issues with other players or coaches?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Hope you guys come to Slovenia in the summer again, missed last exhibition/training game vs Slovan.

Edit: thought it's SY thread

Last edited:

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Old city and buisness center in Ufa are good, obviously there are bad districts espescially in the northern town, but i doubt Omark ever goes to that area.

Overall Ufa is probably more intresting than Helsinki, or at least on par with it. Definately has better restaurants and food.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Old city and buisness center in Ufa are good, obviously there are bad districts espescially in the northern town, but i doubt Omark ever goes to that area.

Overall Ufa is probably more intresting than Helsinki, or at least on par with it. Definately has better restaurants and food.
What is this Ufa talk here? go talk that in the Ufa thread... and looks like you haven't never been in Helsinki or at least not in the past 5 years. for example restaurant/coffee scene is very good. Quite expensive though. Helsinki overall is a hidden gem and doesn't get the respect it deserves for audience that has never been here. Helsinki is a western city, Ufa is eastern. Maybe Omark just felt more home here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad