Confirmed with Link: Joey Daccord - signed two year ELC

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
You're the one who seems convinced Daccord is a much better goaltender than O'Connor, and this is based on what exactly?
Its kinda hard to compare them. D'Accord was drafted so he's always been a legit prospect.

D'Accord was by far his team's best player in college on a new Div 1 team with no other drafted players. He's the first player to sign a NHL contract from ASU.

O'Connor was playing for BU with many NHL prospects including Jack Eichel.

I think it's fair to say that D'Accord is ahead of him. D'Accord has a pretty great resume.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Hope you guys like him. I think you will. He's great at handling the puck and was always a "big game" goalie for the Sun Devils. He had a slight lapse against Quinnipiac on Saturday in our (I'm an ASU alum and Coyotes fan) first ever appearance in the NCAA tournament and let in an early softie but he played lights out to keep us in the game. We got outshot 27-9 in the first two periods but he held down the fort and it was only 2-0. It was lucky that he did because we almost manged to tie the game in the third, but took a 5-minute major with 4 minutes left and lost 2-1. Joey Daccord was the only reason we were still in the game.

That's just one example I can think of about big games he's had for the Sun Devils. I'm both happy for him that he got an NHL contract and heartbroken to see him leave Arizona State early. I wish the best for him with you guys.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
You're the one who seems convinced Daccord is a much better goaltender than O'Connor, and this is based on what exactly?

Well fortunately Daccord has never done this to my knowledge:

O'Connor was on a loaded team with Jack Eichel. In retrospect, that was probably a massive factor in his success that year.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well fortunately Daccord has never done this to my knowledge:

O'Connor was on a loaded team with Jack Eichel. In retrospect, that was probably a massive factor in his success that year.

Onconnor had a habit of highlight reel saves too

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Je suis d'accord. Glad we signed him.. 2 year ELC starts this season.. They must like him

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Wasn't he just as hyped as Daccord is before we snagged him up?

100%

O’Connor is now almost beer league level now. Poor guy

EDIT. looked up an old article

Former NHL goalie Phil Myre has been impressed with the six-foot-six O’Connor’s improved rebound control and positioning. But he still believes O’Conner he could use some seasoning in the minors because he has a history of needing some time to adjust to different levels.
"Obviously he’s more mature than a goalie coming out of junior," said Myre, the head U.S. scout for ISS Hockey. "But I think he’s going to have to test the waters in the minors and see what the pro game is all about."

Matt O'Connor dreaming of a NCAA title - Sportsnet.ca

Seems like that guy knew he was not a sure bet as we thought

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I am very happy we signed this kid.

I have a really good feeling about him. I haven't seen much of any of his play so there's absolutely nothing tangible for me to go on....but there's just been something about this kid since he was drafted that felt like he was going to be a legit NHLer.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The team is going to have to make some judgment calls regarding goaltending pretty soon. We are nearing our contract limit if not right at it. I hope they are prepared.

Daccord definitely seems like someone to hang onto at the moment, which is good news given Gustavssons struggles this year.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hogberg will be in the NHL next year probably as a backup to Andy. Then the year after get him as the starter if he plays well.

Nilsson is probably gone unless someone trades for Andy

Reactions: Deku

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hogberg will be in the NHL next year probably as a backup to Andy. Then the year after get him as the starter if he plays well.

I think he is gone by the TDL ,he has been a good player for us ...And I hope the management lets him go to a decent team

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
im pretty sure he is getting a game now to burn a year off the elc. That was the leverage he held as he could have been a free agent so we had to cave

I do not think be needs a game to burn a year.

It is an 18-19 contract and be is way too old for it to be eligible for a slide. Signing the contract burns the year regardless.

Lebrun has said that if Fox signs with CAR, he burns a year regardless, and that if he plays 0 games, the year doesn't accrue toward the expansion eligibility. I'd imagine the same is true for Daccord. Meaning, the year will burn, but the Sens won't play him in any games.

I could be wrong, it's difficult to keep up with the CBA. We will find out soon enough anyways.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

I'd assume they'll shelter Hogberg from the loosing as much as possible. I think, unless they can move him, it will be Condon and Andy to start then trade one and elevate Hogberg to NHL and Daccord to Belleville. Gustavsson stays in Belleville. Interesting to see where Mandeville slots in. I can not see where Nilsson fits into that group, unless Condon is moved at Draft.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I'd assume they'll shelter Hogberg from the loosing as much as possible. I think, unless they can move him, it will be Condon and Andy to start then trade one and elevate Hogberg to NHL and Daccord to Belleville. Gustavsson stays in Belleville. Interesting to see where Mandeville slots in. I can not see where Nilsson fits into that group, unless Condon is moved at Draft.
Don't think they can really shelter Hogberg other than letting him be in the NHL as a backup and giving him easier matchups

Lets remember that Hogberg will be 25 this year

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I do not think be needs a game to burn a year.

It is an 18-19 contract and be is way too old for it to be eligible for a slide. Signing the contract burns the year regardless.

Lebrun has said that if Fox signs with CAR, he burns a year regardless, and that if he plays 0 games, the year doesn't accrue toward the expansion eligibility. I'd imagine the same is true for Daccord. Meaning, the year will burn, but the Sens won't play him in any games.

I could be wrong, it's difficult to keep up with the CBA. We will find out soon enough anyways.

yeah the cba is confusing haha

i was just going based off of simmer who said this

"Sounds like the Sens will sign daccord. Give him a game, and eat a year on his two year entry level deal."

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I agree. I think they let Nilsson walk at the end of the season & go with Andy & Hogberg next yr, at 25 yrs old it's Hogberg's time to shine. I think Condon stays buried in Belleville with Gustavsson next season on the last yr of his contract & they have a goalie with NHL experience to call up should they need to. IMO Daccord starts his yr in the ECHL & works his way up from there, as it should be. It must be part of the agreement to eat a yr of Daccord's contract otherwise it makes no sense from Ott's perspective.

I think it would be too difficult to move Andy's contract in the off season given his age & limited success over the last two yrs, but he could get moved at the deadline. On the other hand, if he is not moved at the deadline & depending on how Hogberg does, they could re-sign Anderson for another yr to help Hogberg if they see a possibility he could be the starter the following yr and/or to back him up. Of course, if Hogberg doesn't work out at all they could re-sign Anderson for another yr or two as a transition waiting for Gustavsson or Daccord to hopefully replace him. They may also look elsewhere for a starter but that is usually harder than it seems, teams usually keep goalies who look like starters unless they have two of them. Anyone know of a team with two starters on their team who might be available?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad