Confirmed with Link: Joey Daccord - signed two year ELC

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
awesome. Excited for him. Looking forward to thursday night.
mandolese, gustavsson, daccord, hogberg, nillson, condon, anderson - start chopping from the top

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
I am very happy we signed this kid.

I have a really good feeling about him. I haven't seen much of any of his play so there's absolutely nothing tangible for me to go on....but there's just been something about this kid since he was drafted that felt like he was going to be a legit NHLer.

He is ready to be a senator. I read he faced the most shots last season

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
That is pretty remarkable what they are saying about him.

Also, they mention the status of the other goalies in line. Let the competition begin
They announced Nilsson starting next game, so it's Buffalo or Columbus for him if he gets a game.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
a lot of nhl goalies that handle the puck do so with tiny margins of error as opponents close in so quickly... it makes me wonder if daccord can continue being as aggressive coming out of the net and making stretch passes in the nhl as he did in the ncaa

i can accept a blunder here and there if we can get karlsson-esque sauce out of our goalie...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Geez... Outside of Chabot and Wolanin, he might have the best breakout pass of any of our guys on the backend...

Seriously though, it would be real nice to have that as a weapon. ASU wasn't a good team back in 17-18 when that vid got taken, and thanks to him they seem to be breaking out of the zone with ease

Reactions: bert

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I caught a little bit ont he radio this morning....apparently Daccord is getting the start tonight in Buffalo?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I caught a little bit ont he radio this morning....apparently Daccord is getting the start tonight in Buffalo?

Yes.

I haven't been this intrigued by a Senators game in a long time.

It's only one game so it's not the verdict on him, but it'll be interesting to see how directly he translates to the NHL this soon.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yes.

I haven't been this intrigued by a Senators game in a long time.

It's only one game so it's not the verdict on him, but it'll be interesting to see how directly he translates to the NHL this soon.

yeah, I wouldn't try to analyze his game or anything like that....but it will be nice to see him in the sens uniform tonight, and get to see how he looks in net. Better than a few highlight college clips, that's for sure!

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa
makes sense for him to sign here if the sens promised him an NHL game. Gets to play a game, after all you never know what can happen.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
makes sense for him to sign here if the sens promised him an NHL game. Gets to play a game, after all you never know what can happen.
Exactly. Seems like a lot of goaltenders have been able to make the jump to the NHL by catching a break. This could be Daccord's break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad