Confirmed with Link: Joey Daccord - signed two year ELC

Riceroni

Dec 14, 2018
Do you think the Sens would pass on Spencer Knight if he's still around with Ottawa's 2nd rd pick? What I mean is does the Daccord signing impact that?

Reactions: teddygmr

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Very relieved they got him signed, I personally think he is the best goalie prospect in the system. It has alot to do with who is father is and the route he has taken thus far in his development. Love how he can play the puck and he sure was terrific over the weekend but only so much a goaltender can do.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Do you think the Sens would pass on Spencer Knight if he's still around with Ottawa's 2nd rd pick? What I mean is does the Daccord signing impact that?

I don't think he would be around for it, but I don't think there is any way you could justify passing on him at that point.

While I usually completely disagree with drafting goalies in the 1st Rd, I wouldn't be upset if we used our CBJ pick on him. We are going to have so many draft picks in the next 3 years, that we will likely use predominately on Forward and D, using a quality pick to get the best Goalie prospect available in years, doesn't seem like a waste to me.

Also, having Hogberg, Gustafsson, Daccord will force us to properly develop him.

Reactions: DJB

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Way wayyyyyy more

I find it hard to judge given one guy was a free agent that all teams were able to go after while the other is a player under the control of a team. O'Connor was also in a more high profile college team, so that probably gets more media attention.

Fans may have hyped up O'Connor more because there was more reason to be interested in him, but what about scouts? Anybody recall how the scouting community would have viewed each?

Reactions: derriko

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I guess it depends if there is a goalie available in the 2020 draft that might be a better goalie & where they have 7 picks in the first 3 rds, so far at least. My guess is that they will wait & see how the prospect goalies they have now pan out, Hogberg, Gustavsson, Daccord & Mandolese to a lesser extent. They will need a #1 goalie very soon & outside of Anderson I don't see one within this org that is ready to take over the #1 job just yet or even in the next yr or two. If one of these guys don't turn out my guess is they will go shopping for one in a couple of yrs when the rest of the team is hopefully starting to improve & threaten to make the playoffs. I really hope Hogberg who is the closest to being NHL ready can take a giant step forward next season & at the least show he is a very capable backup who has #1 potential.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Not gonna lie I thought he was smart enough to get away from this dumpster fire
Trades happen all the time. Every player in the league is in danger of being traded to the Sens. He is in the position of hoping one day he is traded away from the Sens. Hope > Dread

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I assume that Daccord was also grateful to the Sens for drafting him, afterall he was next to the last player drafted in that yr so I assume there was some appreciation for that & he has done well in his college career at Arizona State. (rd7 #199) I hope he becomes a great goalie for Ott, they could really use one. Brian Elliott was drafted by the Sens & managed to have a decent career & he was drafted in the 9th rd # 291 overall.

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And Nail Yakupov was also hyped due to being perceived as very skilled. Should we therefore conclude that Jack Hughes is the next Nail Yakupov?

I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

You're the one who seems convinced Daccord is a much better goaltender than O'Connor, and this is based on what exactly?

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not gonna lie I thought he was smart enough to get away from this dumpster fire

We might be a dumpster fire, but we're a dumpster fire with a wide open NHL goalie situation.

Anderson is 38 in May, and will be a year away from free agency. He was rumoured to want out last year, so if true, he's probably gone at the end of 2020.

Nilsson is a UFA, and while he was tremendous during the first half of games here, he has slowed down a lot.

Gustavsson has a ton of potential, but has a long way to go.

Hogberg is at a make it or break it point in his career as far as turning the corner and becoming an NHL regular goes. He's finally put together some strong play in the AHL after floundering for a few seasons. He's very much a question mark.

Mike Condon's face is on milk containers.

There very well could be two NHL goalie spots open for Hogberg, Gustavsson, and Daccord to battle over in the Sens org by 2020-21. There aren't a lot of organizations out there with as easy of a road to start minutes as there are in Ottawa. Once Anderson is out of the way, things are wide open.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He’s the next Matt O’Connor

Bad takes are hard on your cred.

You're the one who seems convinced Daccord is a much better goaltender than O'Connor, and this is based on what exactly?

Nope try again, they are literally nothing alike other than they both took the college route. Even that was the polar opposite situation where Daccord started with a new un heard of program while Oconnor went to BU one was drafted one wasn't. One carried his team to the final tournament and one was a passenger. Daccord looked great from the get go at dev camp. His father is an elite goaltending coach, he isnt only good because of his size (Oconnor) he is only 6'2. Daccord moves incredibly well and plays the puck better than any other goalie prospect out there. Do some research next time.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad