HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Bouchard's biggest strength is identifying strengths in each player and magnifying them. He gives young players vision about the player they could be and most importantly he seems to be realistic with them.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
i think this guy is a god sent , history will show, many players will bloom under him.
Of course, its easier for him, as in my opinion, he followed the single worst coach in development (and probably all around) any team can have . (in sly)

Reactions: dralaf

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
i think this guy is a god sent , history will show, many players will bloom under him.
Of course, its easier for him, as in my opinion, he followed the single worst coach in development (and probably all around) any team can have . (in sly)

I would say it’s easier for him to look better than the prior development group but I would disagree it’s easier for him. He had to redo a lot of how previous/current players approach and play the game as well as developing a lot of newly added players out of Europe and the CHL. First year was an expected gong show and last year some improvement as “his” team was being formed. I’d think this year we should start seeing some results.

Reactions: Runner77

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I would say it’s easier for him to look better than the prior development group but I would disagree it’s easier for him. He had to redo a lot of how previous/current players approach and play the game as well as developing a lot of newly added players out of Europe and the CHL. First year was an expected gong show and last year some improvement as “his” team was being formed. I’d think this year we should start seeing some results.
dont get me wrong, i have huge respect for him. Was more a way to illustrate how badly i viewed sly. But joel it a top top coach

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

Dale Weise not a big Joel Bouchard fan apparently :laugh:

Would be nice if he could elaborate or at least bring some nuance into why the players do improve despite his opinion of him. Kind of a vapid response, but nonetheless this guy's an NHL vet who's seen quite a bit of situations, so I'm not discounting what he's saying.

Reactions: Fenris

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe Bouchard's tactics work well with AHL young players, but would not be welcomed in a NHL team. ??

Maybe it will, maybe it won't. But Weise is saying it's the prospects that shouldn't be approached by this guy, which the results are there for us to see is not the case.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I watched the 1 minute Weise bleep about Bouchard which I found cowardly. You don't fire arrows like that without providing some context. Lame

Weise loves the smell of his own shit if you listen to his videos lol. Some of them are interesting but man he really thinks highly of his hockey abilities.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Weise loves the smell of his own shit if you listen to his videos lol. Some of them are interesting but man he really thinks highly of his hockey abilities.

Well, he IS Dutch Gretzky...don't forget that

tenor.gif

Attachments

• upload_2021-4-24_20-6-19.jpeg
    upload_2021-4-24_20-6-19.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 2

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
It's too bad he doesn't go into detail but it does make sense that someone older wouldn't be a fan as this was talked about a lot last year in that Bouchard's style perhaps doesn't mesh well with vets. If you look at the results, he's clearly had issues with vets but the bulk of the prospects were playing their best hockey over a period of time. Then again he has insights to which we don't.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Apparently, Dale Weise threw Bouchard under the bus in a short snippet on his vlog. Said he wouldn't let any prospect close to this guy. Did not elaborate.

Edit : forget it. Just read you guys.:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad