Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
believe me arnia is what we need more than Roussel

a big rw with speed that can play pk and has a good shot
You keep saying Armia is fast it’s actually quite the opposite.I am his biggest fan but that is his biggest knock on him.He used to be a pure goal scorer in Finland where his lack of high end speed was not that important.He always seems to be a second slow trying to get a shot or pass off.He needs to find some chemistry with some other skilled players for him to put up more points.That being said he is a 2-3 line winger who will put up 35-45 points if he gets close to 15min a night.Unfortunately he also has knee issues that have contributed to his inconsistency if healthy he is fast enough when labouring he is not.He played over half the season with some sort of injury.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I wouldn’t be surprised if he could crack our top 6.
If he could: Domi-Drouin-Armia could be effective.

Domi is a good setup guy
Drouin should be able To finish
And Armia frees up space for the other two

That’s if he can crack the top 6

Otherwise Lehkonen-DLR-Armia

Drouin can finish?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If we were deep at center and could afford danault on the third line

Byron - danault - armia would be an amazing line!
I still have lehkonen and Hudon ahead of Armia. Byron should also be ahead of him, because we need him to be on pace for 20 goals when we trade him for picks and prospects. (Might as well get futures for him since we're not winning anything anytime soon)

To me Armia is and excellent 4th liner.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I still have lehkonen and Hudon ahead of Armia. Byron should also be ahead of him, because we need him to be on pace for 20 goals when we trade him for picks and prospects. (Might as well get futures for him since we're not winning anything anytime soon)

To me Armia is and excellent 4th liner.

He’s an excellent 3rd liner and was such on an elite team last year.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

You can call him a 3rd liner all you want until your heart's content. As long as his per game ice time is the same 12:36 it was in Winnipeg last year, I'll be content.

Scherbak, Hudon, and Lehkonen need 15 minutes per night. As young players, they need to play. But I suspect your boy Armia will be in the top 9 over Scherbak, who will stagnate and then be traded for a "two-way" grinder, with no offense, but who better suites the 4th line role they play Scherbak in.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

What's your lineup with Armia in the top 9? This is my lineup:

Pacioretty Danault Hudon
Scherbak Drouin Gallagher
Domi Plekanec Lehkonen
Armia DLR/Froese Deslauriers
Veterans Byron and Shaw traded for picks and prospects

God that's ugly.

If Kotkaniemi is miraculously ready:

Drouin Danault Hudon
Scherbak Kotkaniemi Gallagher
Domi Plekanec Lehkonen
Armia DLR/Froese Deslauriers
Pacioretty, Byron, Shaw traded for picks and prospects

Still ugly af. What a waste of my time to even type out this bottom 3 in the league lineup.

Last edited:

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
You can call him a 3rd liner all you want until your heart's content. As long as his per game ice time is the same 12:36 it was in Winnipeg last year, I'll be content.

Scherbak, Hudon, and Lehkonen need 15 minutes per night.
Relax. In a couple of months you will find that Armia is hands down better player than any of those.

Reactions: jaffy27 and le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

Scherbak, Hudon, and Lehkonen need 15 minutes per night. As young players, they need to play. But I suspect your boy Armia will be in the top 9 over Scherbak, who will stagnate and then be traded for a "two-way" grinder, with no offense, but who better suites the 4th line role they play Scherbak in.

He’s better than those three and he himself is just 25. It’s not a veteran taking time away from kids, he’s just a year older than Hudon.

Reactions: bsl and WinterLion

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans

What talented player have we traded away and received a 4th line grinder in the process??

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Relax. In a couple of months you will find that Armia is hands down better player than any of those.

I like to think/hope Armia shows the Habs he is very good forward and he fits well with Lehkonen, Scherbak, and Hudon. He certainly has more size and strength vs those players though. Skill wise? We will see. I think they all will get their opportunity to get more ice time if they produce.

With Shaw not being ready to start the year, it's a good thing for Armia on the right side. However, when Shaw and Byron are back, it will be interesting to see who is not in the line-up or moved down to the 3rd/4th lines.

Shaw vs Armia... I'm curious to see who has more ice time and shows more promise when the season ends.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He’s better than those three and he himself is just 25. It’s not a veteran taking time away from kids, he’s just a year older than Hudon.
So what is your lineup with Armia in the top 9? Who do you have on the 4th line: Scherbak, Hudon, or Lehkonen? Let me see your lineup if Armia really isn't a 4th liner.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What talented player have we traded away and received a 4th line grinder in the process??

Eller for Andrew Shaw (was on the 4th line half way through last year, where he belongs).
Ghetto for Martinsen.
Glachenyuk for Domi was more talent for more "character."
Subban for older, slower Weber.
Signing Alzner, then saying there's no money left for Markov...
Signing Shaw to big contract then next year saying there's not enough money left to outbid others for Radulov,
etc..., etc...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
So what is your lineup with Armia in the top 9? Who do you have on the 4th line: Scherbak, Hudon, or Lehkonen? Let me see your lineup if Armia really isn't a 4th liner.

Ask me again in October before the season starts as there will be movement before. It’s pointless making a lineup now.

Reactions: montreal and 26Mats

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Eller for Andrew Shaw (was on the 4th line half way through last year, where he belongs).
Ghetto for Martinsen.
Signing Shaw to big contract then next year saying there's not enough money left to outbid others for Radulov,
etc..., etc...

sorry to say, but all pointed do not represent what is said above. he had bad trades, but talent for 4th line grinders, the only one remotely close is the ghetto trade....and he is questionable talent.
but to put subban trade in as proof, shows, you probably did not understand the posters point...

Reactions: larrypacman8167

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
sorry to say, but all pointed do not represent what is said above. he had bad trades, but talent for 4th line grinders, the only one remotely close is the ghetto trade....and he is questionable talent.
but to put subban trade in as proof, shows, you probably did not understand the posters point...

I don't think you understood my point. Scherbak will have little trade value after Julien and Bergevin are done with him this season. We'll probably get more than Martinsen, but not much more.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

He's an enigma. He can show flashes of dominance, and a physical element, with some skill, but completely disappears at times. He was a huge disappointment in the playoffs, struggling to make an impact. And making bad plays/reads defensively that cost the Jets two games against Vegas. He could score 15 with the right players. He could get scratched, for stretches. Where he was prominent with the Jets was as a SH threat two years ago.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
I don't think you understood my point. Scherbak will have little trade value after Julien and Bergevin are done with him this season. We'll probably get more than Martinsen, but not much more.
I’m sorry.....but where do you get this idea that Scherbak will be traded???

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Ghetto for Martinsen.
etc..., etc...
Eller was not traded for Shaw.......but really, if you want to break it down, since the trade, Shaw has averaged .41 points per game while Eller has averaged .38PPG, just thought I’d throw that out there.

Ghetto, the talented player, had 22pts in 50 games while Shaw, the 4th line bum had 20 in 52 games.....Ghetto, the scoring machine

Galchenyuk for Domi is not talent for 4th liner

Subban for Weber is not talent for 4th liner

Alzner is not a trade.....

Geez you have a hard time staying on point. The discussion was talent traded for 4th liners and you give me UFA signings and defenceman traded for defenceman ......you’re like a pinball.......all over the place.

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
Eller was not traded for Shaw.......but really, if you want to break it down, since the trade, Shaw has averaged .41 points per game while Eller has averaged .38PPG, just thought I’d throw that out there.

Ghetto, the talented player, had 22pts in 50 games while Shaw, the 4th line bum had 20 in 52 games.....Ghetto, the scoring machine

Galchenyuk for Domi is not talent for 4th liner

Subban for Weber is not talent for 4th liner

Alzner is not a trade.....

Geez you have a hard time staying on point. The discussion was talent traded for 4th liners and you give me UFA signings and defenceman traded for defenceman ......you’re like a pinball.......all over the place.

Have the Habs gotten better with these moves?

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
He's an enigma. He can show flashes of dominance, and a physical element, with some skill, but completely disappears at times. He was a huge disappointment in the playoffs, struggling to make an impact. And making bad plays/reads defensively that cost the Jets two games against Vegas. He could score 15 with the right players. He could get scratched, for stretches. Where he was prominent with the Jets was as a SH threat two years ago.
Haha. Joel Armia’s playoff performance wasn’t just an outlier

Too bad Jets didn't make it, and mainly because of the miserable performance of Armia. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad