Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Have the Habs gotten better with these moves?
That’s not the topic.....if you’re gonna make a claim, try to stay on point. I don’t know what you said has anything to do with have we traded talented players for 4th liners

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Armia fits in nicely with our very young group of forwards. I think he has the potential to have a break out season, but I feel the same way about several of our forwards. It will be interesting to see who can make the jump to the next level. They won't all do it, but we would be pretty unlucky if at least one didn't.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Eller was not traded for Shaw.......but really, if you want to break it down, since the trade, Shaw has averaged .41 points per game while Eller has averaged .38PPG, just thought I’d throw that out there.

Ghetto, the talented player, had 22pts in 50 games while Shaw, the 4th line bum had 20 in 52 games.....Ghetto, the scoring machine

Galchenyuk for Domi is not talent for 4th liner

Subban for Weber is not talent for 4th liner

Alzner is not a trade.....

Geez you have a hard time staying on point. The discussion was talent traded for 4th liners and you give me UFA signings and defenceman traded for defenceman ......you’re like a pinball.......all over the place.

No you missed the point. The point was not that Bergevin trades star players for 4th liners. The point was that he values "character" over talent and his trades go accordingly. After Julien and Bergevin are done with Scherbak he'll likely have about as much trade value as Ghetto, maybe slightly more. Maybe he'll be traded for a 3rd line grinder instead of a 4th.

At any rate, the point went waaaayy over your head.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I’m sorry.....but where do you get this idea that Scherbak will be traded???

From Galchenyuk, Subban, and Sergachev being traded and from Radulov and Markov being let go.

Going into this offseason, all I wanted before Bergevin is fired was for him not to trade Galchenyuk and Scherbak in bad trades. That's all I wanted. But it was obvious they didn't like Galchenyuk and I fear Scherbak is destined to go down the same path of poor utilization and development and then ultimately to be traded for less value. I pray it doesn't happen, but am gearing myself up psychologically for it to happen. I think Scherbak has the raw talent to be a top 6 foward. But he needs the proper development, ice time, and patience.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Eller was not traded for Shaw.......but really, if you want to break it down, since the trade, Shaw has averaged .41 points per game while Eller has averaged .38PPG, just thought I’d throw that out there.

Ghetto, the talented player, had 22pts in 50 games while Shaw, the 4th line bum had 20 in 52 games.....Ghetto, the scoring machine

Galchenyuk for Domi is not talent for 4th liner

Subban for Weber is not talent for 4th liner

Alzner is not a trade.....

Geez you have a hard time staying on point. The discussion was talent traded for 4th liners and you give me UFA signings and defenceman traded for defenceman ......you’re like a pinball.......all over the place.
exactly that is the point i was trying to make. i find it funny do go against the statement he lists a dmen for a dmen trade.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
So what is your lineup with Armia in the top 9? Who do you have on the 4th line: Scherbak, Hudon, or Lehkonen? Let me see your lineup if Armia really isn't a 4th liner.

Do I think Armia is a 1st liner? No. There is no 1st line on the Habs. There is only line-up configurations and we really have 4- #3 lines. But one line has to be listed first... I think Julien goes with Byron/Pleky/Gallagher again (once Byron is healthy) and runs with them as a shut down line. Rest of the lines will be rolled out and ice time will be given to players that are playing well.

Personally, I would try Armia with Drouin and Lehkonen. I'm not a fan of just stacking your best players in a line-up one in front of each other where Gallagher has to be ahead of Scherbak and Armia. Chemistry and how each player fits with each other matters. Because Gallagher is on the 3rd listed line, it don't mean he gets the 3rd ice time for RW players. I didn't include Patch and I included a healthy Byron and Shaw. This will not be what we start with.

Lehkonen / Drouin / Armia
Domi / Danault / Scherbak
Byron / Pleky / Gallagher
Hudon / DLR / Shaw

Deslauriers, Peca

Last edited:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The past posts were about Bergevin consistently losing trades and trading higher talent level for higher "character" level. No one said a star player was traded for a 4th liner in past posts, that I'm aware of.
You’re assuming that we will trade Scherbak for a 4th line plug......again, when have we traded a talented player for a 4th line plug like you suggested we would do??

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Read the past posts. I'm actually surprised you're even asking.
There’s 3 of us asking......but of course you are “surprised”...........

We lost 1 player with some talent for a 4th line plug in 6 years.

That talented player has as many points as Shaw who you describe as a plug.....so now I just don’t know where you really stand anymore. Your posts are poorly constructed and contradicts your evaluation of players.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
There’s 3 of us asking......but of course you are “surprised”...........

We lost 1 player with some talent for a 4th line plug in 6 years.

That talented player has as many points as Shaw who you describe as a plug.....so now I just don’t know where you really stand anymore. Your posts are poorly constructed and contradicts your evaluation of players.

Here is the post I made that he was asking for examples about: "The past posts were about Bergevin consistently losing trades and trading higher talent level for higher "character" level. No one said a star player was traded for a 4th liner in past posts, that I'm aware of."

He asked me to provide examples. Do you really need examples of that???? Really??? There's 3 of you asking for examples of that??? And you're saying I have poorly constructed posts?

It's a no-brainer argument. Do you really not agree with it?

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Really like Armia and definately see him in a top 9 role.

Personally I would like to see:
Domi-Drouin-Armia

Armia would create turnovers for other two and can chip in offensively.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Really like Armia and definately see him in a top 9 role.

Personally I would like to see:
Domi-Drouin-Armia

Armia would create turnovers for other two and can chip in offensively.

All 3 of those guys are players who I think would be fantastic complementary players to truly elite talent.

I love the idea of Drouin playing wing next to two or at least one real high end player. He's like a Kovalev in that sense as far as I can tell. Not as good obviously or as productive but I think he'd put up big numbers next to an elite player. he just can't be 'the man' on any given line. I see the same in Domi.

Armia to a lesser extent but maybe a really talented 3rd line where the two other guys could theoretically be 2nd liners on a 'lesser team' in this hypothetical dream line up I'm conceptualizing.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Alex Galchenyuk and Simon Bourque for Max Domi, Joel Armia, 4th round pick 2020 and 7th round 2019? I take that everyday of my life.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Alex Galchenyuk and Simon Bourque for Max Domi, Joel Armia, 4th round pick 2020 and 7th round 2019? I take that everyday of my life.

To MTL: Steve Mason buyout cap hit + Armia + 4th round pick + 7th round pick
To WPJ: Simon Bourque
Trade Analysis: Any day of the week and twice on Sunday

To MTL: Max Domi
To PHX: Galchenyuk
Trade Analysis: Never in a million years. But I wanted to add Domi for a different price, like an early 2nd or two 2nds.

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
hello thread hello armia. . i just here want to take up at a unique player in this League.

listen, this THING armia has been misused, doghoused all careers at the horrible hockeyplace Winnipeg where horrible things going on at the moment. they lost cup with stupid coach and stupid organisation. they was given 1st round armia way back from today but never used him

listen folk. even if he was very unhappy there and never used. only playing like 8 minites per game HE SHOWD GREAT HUGE ATLETICS , DOMINATING GAMES even if not trying, i say as seeing the games even dominating them even if really hard awaypushed by coach. imaging seeing coach playing all kinds of shitplayers even if you show things noone in this League does quite often.

he sometimes showd coach long sequenses stealing pucks, holding pucks, serving impossible passes, stealing puck again and forth...all in same shift. this player has best possible stickhandling , passing skill, holding to puck and so forth . he like easily can go passing any player anytime.

he at Winnipeg like adult player along Babies and dominating when he wanted but still coach never give him icetime and good playmates in line.

he also 1st line pick but no. from under there all times coming all kind of small, nontalented, nobodies riding for 1st, 2nd line winds….but armia….he Always stay at 3rd,4th line or sitting warm bench for game.

anyway. if you somewhat use this player he is your best player here. this is no doubt. he is one of the best player in this League. i promise. if he play big icetime and high value good players he passing 100 Point.

at Winnipeg he for example at playoff not trying even the Little he did at ground series i saw. why should he? should he help his deniing coach at there? of course no. he now happy and have chanche to put himself to boards.

you ARE in for threat. Winnipeg not taking this. very big shame. they losse cup not playing their best players and also the monemumtal laine not used normally. he also got hidden. the second big shame at there. Another story

hard putting right Words here; le me also putting this. he very big strong bodied, HE HAS UNIQUE MOVING STYLE FOR THIS LEAGUE. HE LIKE WORM IF HE WANT. IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE PUCK FROM. I QUITE NEVER SEEN THIS KIND OF MOVING AT HOCKEY EVER BEFORE. THIS PLAYER ABSOLUTE MONSTER

NOT Reading and taking troll and teenageous laughing Words about this article. my Word stand. thanks. i only here for Writing important fact. not Reading anything. just Little for own best. i here today only. only guest appearance here. no permanent facthelper

one more thing about armia : he like being the boss of Winnipeg the keyplayer the KING the game decider, the game steerer EVEN IF HE ONLY PLAYD AT 3RD , 4TH LINE!!! he left a moenmumtal hole at their team ALL THIS WHILE NOT TRYING AND NOT WANTING PERHAPS TO HELP HIS DENIING COACH AT THERE!!!

sir Avgard hockeyprofessor

Last edited:
Reactions: Channelcat

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
hello thread hello armia. . i just here want to take up at a unique player in this League.

listen, this THING armia has been misused, doghoused all careers at the horrible hockeyplace Winnipeg where horrible things going on at the moment. they lost cup with stupid coach and stupid organisation. they was given 1st round armia way back from today but never used him

listen folk. even if he was very unhappy there and never used. only playing like 8 minites per game HE SHOWD GREAT HUGE ATLETICS , DOMINATING GAMES even if not trying, i say as seeing the games even dominating them even if really hard awaypushed by coach. imaging seeing coach playing all kinds of ****players even if you show things noone in this League does quite often.

he sometimes showd coach long sequenses stealing pucks, holding pucks, serving impossible passes, stealing puck again and forth...all in same shift. this player has best possible stickhandling , passing skill, holding to puck and so forth . he like easily can go passing any player anytime.

he at Winnipeg like adult player along Babies and dominating when he wanted but still coach never give him icetime and good playmates in line.

he also 1st line pick but no. from under there all times coming all kind of small, nontalented, nobodies riding for 1st, 2nd line winds….but armia….he Always stay at 3rd,4th line or sitting warm bench for game.

anyway. if you somewhat use this player he is your best player here. this is no doubt. he is one of the best player in this League. i promise. if he play big icetime and high value good players he passing 100 Point.

at Winnipeg he for example at playoff not trying even the Little he did at ground series i saw. why should he? should he help his deniing coach at there? of course no. he now happy and have chanche to put himself to boards.

you ARE in for threat. Winnipeg not taking this. very big shame. they losse cup not playing their best players and also the monemumtal laine not used normally. he also got hidden. the second big shame at there. Another story

hard putting right Words here; le me also putting this. he very big strong bodied, HE HAS UNIQUE MOVING STYLE FOR THIS LEAGUE. HE LIKE WORM IF HE WANT. IMPOSSIBLE TO TAKE PUCK FROM. I QUITE NEVER SEEN THIS KIND OF MOVING AT HOCKEY EVER BEFORE. THIS PLAYER ABSOLUTE MONSTER

NOT Reading and taking troll and teenageous laughing Words about this article. my Word stand. thanks. i only here for Writing important fact. not Reading anything. just Little for own best. i here today only. only guest appearance here. no permanent facthelper

one more thing about armia : he like being the boss of Winnipeg the keyplayer the KING the game decider, the game steerer EVEN IF HE ONLY PLAYD AT 3RD , 4TH LINE!!! he left a moenmumtal hole at their team ALL THIS WHILE NOT TRYING AND NOT WANTING PERHAPS TO HELP HIS DENIING COACH AT THERE!!!

Pretty much this.
And don't forget that winnipeg coach likes to go backstage and SMELL SOME FARTS, only to go back in the side of the rink and do all kind of stupid sh*t.
Avgard the hockeyprofessor is a legendary troll in winnipeg forums :D

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Even if everything goes wrong for him as a Hab this season he’s still someone the Habs can flip at the deadline for a decent return. It’s a win/win move.

Reactions: 26Mats

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
he will blossom our hope is he is another william karlson.
And if he is, then i might forgive MB for trading AG .
Nothing forgives the PK trade...

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia

listen folk. even if he was very unhappy there and never used. only playing like 8 minites per game HE SHOWD GREAT HUGE ATLETICS , DOMINATING GAMES even if not trying, i say as seeing the games even dominating them even if really hard awaypushed by coach. imaging seeing coach playing all kinds of ****players even if you show things noone in this League does quite often.

Lol @ Armia ever getting 100 points. C’mon now. If he was capable of anything close to that he would have been Winnipeg’s best player. He’s never even been close to PPG in any league he’s played in. I’d be estatic if he has a career year of 40 points.

Reactions: Chr1s97

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Lol @ Armia ever getting 100 points. C’mon now. If he was capable of anything close to that he would have been Winnipeg’s best player. He’s never even been close to PPG in any league he’s played in. I’d be estatic if he has a career year of 40 points.
He will be a good player, i see him more of a goal scorer if he blossoms then a point getter. But yea 100 points is beyond ridiculous.
Though i think he will do will

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
Thx for your comment sir Avgard hockeyprofessor although you never read any comments. I don't know Armia that well but from I saw on different videos he seems to have a great wrist shot and some nice dekes. I wonder if we could see him on the 2nd line or the powerplay second wave this year. I have the same hype about him as when we got Lars ''SC champ'' Eller.

The bonus here is that he's a fin and I so want 1/4 of the team to be fins just like the Redwings in the 2000s. Koivu will be pleased :laugh:.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It will be interesting to see who starts on the 4th line if Max is still here to start the season: Armia, Lehkonen, Hudon, or Scherbak, as debatable as it is to use the word interesting and this year's team in the same sentence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->