Player Discussion Joel Armia

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I hope he can become more than a 12 goal scorer. It at least it sounds like Jets fans really liked his game.

Reactions: Redux91

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I liked him when he was a prospect and he's always looked good against Montreal- was surprised how poor his numbers have been though. But he's big, aggressive, has a good RH shot, and has underrated skill. He's of that Smith-Pelly, Bourque type- probably mostly a big body in your bottom 6 but able to put together stretches where he's excellent.

Reactions: McTusk

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I liked him when he was a prospect and he's always looked good against Montreal- was surprised how poor his numbers have been though. But he's big, aggressive, has a good RH shot, and has underrated skill. He's of that Smith-Pelly, Bourque type- probably mostly a big body in your bottom 6 but able to put together stretches where he's excellent.

He played behind Wheeler& Laine in Winnipeg. He was in a defensive role.

Honestly people will complain about his offensive numbers around HF and keep ignoring everything else he does and brings to the table.
He's a depth guy quality teams should want.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He played behind Wheeler& Laine in Winnipeg. He was in a defensive role.

Honestly people will complain about his offensive numbers around HF and keep ignoring everything else he does and brings to the table.
He's a depth guy quality teams should want.
With way more skills than his stats indicate. He averaged 10.5 minutes of ice time on a deep team and still put up 29 points

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With way more skills than his stats indicate. He averaged 10.5 minutes of ice time on a deep team and still put up 29 points

I said in the trade thread he could end up as defensive 2nd line Rw who can hit 50 at his peak.

He's a player you can trust at the end of games.

Reactions: Tyson

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I actually liked Joel Armia in Winnipeg. He doesn’t make our team much better obviously because he doesn’t really address anything to important but it was a decent trade in my opinion.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Dude is a BEAST on PK. Other than that, kinda meh but should be good on our third line with Pleky/DLR.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He's like a winger Eller. He's the type of 3rd line player you want to have (instead of Shaw).

The thing is Bergevin wants him in addition to Shaw. He wants to fill the lineup with this type of player.

But yes, Armia might be a good piece for our future GM to add higher skill around.

And also, I'm not a huge Eller fan. He was great for us 1 year in the playoffs and this year for Washington. But unless you have Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Ovechkin in front of him, him and his tunnel vision aren't my ideal 3rd line center.

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
if nothing else he will be perfect to dangle at the deadline for a few picks, hopefully at least a 2nd and maybe a prospect

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The thing is Bergevin wants him in addition to Shaw. He wants to fill the lineup with this type of player.

But yes, Armia might be a good piece for our future GM to add higher skill around.

And also, I'm not a huge Eller fan. He was great for us 1 year in the playoffs and this year for Washington. But unless you have Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Oshie, and Ovechkin in front of him, him and his tunnel vision aren't my ideal 3rd line center.

That's true of pretty much 100% of 3rd line players. If there's nobody in front of them you wont win and they wont do good.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lehkonen and Hudon probably on the left side, Scherbak with more offensive players.

We already have Gallagher, Domi, Drouin, Lehkonen, Hudon, Scherbak, Byron, and Pacioretty on the wings. That's 8 wingers for 6 top 9 spots. With Armia it's 9. Three of them have to get traded. I suppose Drouin could still be at center and Pacioetty and Byron could be moved.

Reactions: Fixxer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->