Former Bruins Joakim Nordstrom

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I would expect him not to be re-signed, but just about every game he is working his ass off out there and giving that extra. He might be the most consistent player in that regard that the Bruins have outside of Bergeron. No lazy, no quit, no float in him. I would like him back over Lindholm (who is not a bad player either). But, there needs to be room for Seny, maybe Frederic, Stud as @DKH says. He is the most likely to go.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I would expect him not to be re-signed, but just about every game he is working his ass off out there and giving that extra. He might be the most consistent player in that regard that the Bruins have outside of Bergeron. No lazy, no quit, no float in him. I would like him back over Lindholm (who is not a bad player either). But, there needs to be room for Seny, maybe Frederic, Stud as @DKH says. He is the most likely to go.
I agree completely. Not sure if he goes or stays. Regardless I have zero complaints about his play in G1 or G2. He’s playing a physical game and as you say, working his ass off. He should not sit IMO.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I really like him as a player and he is one of my favs to watch. We have to make room and let the new core develop.

We need Frederic, Stud and Seny getting NHL game experience. Love to see all of them in next year. Two years from now I expect not to have Krech and Chara. Time to water the flowers and let them grow.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Whole line has been exceptional this entire RTP, whether Kuraly or Lindholm is centering.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Would love to see the Bs re-sign him but 3 years $3million won't get it done....I expect he'll get something like 3 years $4.2-4.5

Sweeney is really good at not spending on bottom line forward no matter how much he might like the job they do...he understands you need to save money at the bottom to have flexibility at the top

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Something about him makes me believe he would like to stay here. I think the Bruins will have the option to keep him for a reasonable price if they want to go that route. Gut feeling.

Hope they keep him around for a decent price, he's a motor not afraid of contact. Bruins have been good at finding these players, but that doesn't mean they aren't hard to find.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Funny how some folk want a Ritchie "big dude" in the line-up over a Nordstrom or Lindholm yet Nords/Par play a much more hard nosed physical game sacrificing bodies for the team.

Nords is one tough son of a b!!!!! a perfect bruin.

Reactions: NDiesel

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I seen this in the Vlader article (August 21, NHL.com Bruins page).

Nordy leads the team in hits with 31 and 10 blocked shots.

Around the Block

Joakim Nordstrom knows his role with the Bruins well. Each time he hits the ice, the winger is expected to bring energy, grit, and some jump as a valued member of Boston's fourth line.
While his second season with the Black & Gold was hampered by injuries - he played just 48 games - Nordstrom has appeared rejuvenated since the restart, bringing all of the required attributes listed above. And then some.
Through eight games, Nordstrom leads the Bruins with 31 hits and all forwards with 10 blocked shots - five of which came in Boston's Game 1 victory - while contributing as a dependable penalty killer. The 28-year-old Swede also delivered a beautiful feed on Connor Clifton's tying goal in the third period of Boston's Game 4 victory over Carolina.
"Regular season or playoffs, [blocking shots] is always important," said Nordstrom. "I think in playoffs, every play is super important. It could be a game-deciding decision or block, or just getting the puck out of your own end. First shift, it might be deciding the outcome of the game.
"That's what I like so much about the playoffs, too, is every play is important. It's fun. It's a little bit different game in the playoffs."

Reactions: NDiesel

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I seen this in the Vlader article (August 21, NHL.com Bruins page).

Nordy leads the team in hits with 31 and 10 blocked shots.

Around the Block

Joakim Nordstrom knows his role with the Bruins well. Each time he hits the ice, the winger is expected to bring energy, grit, and some jump as a valued member of Boston's fourth line.
While his second season with the Black & Gold was hampered by injuries - he played just 48 games - Nordstrom has appeared rejuvenated since the restart, bringing all of the required attributes listed above. And then some.
Through eight games, Nordstrom leads the Bruins with 31 hits and all forwards with 10 blocked shots - five of which came in Boston's Game 1 victory - while contributing as a dependable penalty killer. The 28-year-old Swede also delivered a beautiful feed on Connor Clifton's tying goal in the third period of Boston's Game 4 victory over Carolina.
"Regular season or playoffs, [blocking shots] is always important," said Nordstrom. "I think in playoffs, every play is super important. It could be a game-deciding decision or block, or just getting the puck out of your own end. First shift, it might be deciding the outcome of the game.
"That's what I like so much about the playoffs, too, is every play is important. It's fun. It's a little bit different game in the playoffs."
Love me some playoff Nordy

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I :heart: Nordy.

Never expected him to become one of my favorites, but here we are.

He's been a hitting machine in the playoffs.

Please re-sign him, Sweenius.

Reactions: TheReal13Linseman

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Polish_20200825_222608535.jpg

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
No brainer to re-sign. 2years, 1.5aav.

No.

Nothing against the player, but there are only 23 roster spots and the Bruins already have like 25-26 players next year who would need to pass through waivers. Nordstrom is the only UFA forward. At some point you have to let guys go to give roster spots to younger guys. What's the point of all this drafting and development if your just going to extend every veteran no matter what their role is.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
No.

Nothing against the player, but there are only 23 roster spots and the Bruins already have like 25-26 players next year who would need to pass through waivers. Nordstrom is the only UFA forward. At some point you have to let guys go to give roster spots to younger guys. What's the point of all this drafting and development if your just going to extend every veteran no matter what their role is.

Who do we have in the system that is currently as good as him? Frederic? Maybe, but can he keep up? It's only 2 years, after next year you could waive him if need be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad