Former Bruins Joakim Nordstrom

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I get the Wagner contact. Not really sure I understand this one. Sure I guess a 13th forward, but seems like you could have given Fitzy that role.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Can’t say I like this signing. Loved Halak and Wagner. This, not so much. Cehalarik or even Anton Blidh should have had a crack at that spot.

It makes me nervous that they’re considering promoting Kuraly to 3c because this gives them 4 full time, one-way contracts for 4th liners. (Kuraly, Wagner, Acciari and Joakim)

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Why Nordstrom?

Can he bring anything to the team?
Once upon a time was seen as a good defensive (if not physical) F, with some puck handling skills. Kind of a C version of PJ Axellsson. But his skating isn't great and he had a horrible year for CAR. One of those guys that you watch and say "What exactly does this guy do well enough to be in the NHL". That said, he won't hurt you a ton either. Just a "blah" guy. But 13th F who can playb C and do it cheaply? It's not horrible.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
Agree.

Halak and Wagner make us better, but not better over the top.
These other signings have me shaking my head.

If Krug is being moved I'm going to freak!

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Dislike. I was on board with Halak and Wagner, I'm undecided on the Moore signing at the moment. But this one is useless. Hopefully he's off to Providence and not taking icetimefrom some potential youngsters getting a crack.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Ya, like most, I don't get this one at all. Not overly concerned though, it's not my money and it can buried in Prov so no biggy.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm going to assume a Riley replacement, cheap and a former Cane. Could easily be the 13th forward so you don't have to put a prospect there. Hopefully he does alright for us.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
If Nordstrom can bounce to the season he had in 15/16, it's a good signing for you guys. Hard working winger who can kill penalties well and has good speed on the forecheck. I think he'll fit the Bruins system well.

Reactions: bearcountry17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->