Former Bruins Joakim Nordstrom

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Once upon a time was seen as a good defensive (if not physical) F, with some puck handling skills. Kind of a C version of PJ Axellsson. But his skating isn't great and he had a horrible year for CAR. One of those guys that you watch and say "What exactly does this guy do well enough to be in the NHL". That said, he won't hurt you a ton either. Just a "blah" guy. But 13th F who can playb C and do it cheaply? It's not horrible.
2 million is not cheap for a 13th forward

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Nordstrom can bounce to the season he had in 15/16, it's a good signing for you guys. Hard working winger who can kill penalties well and has good speed on the forecheck. I think he'll fit the Bruins system well.

And if not, he can go play in Providence and it won't really hurt anything. I do hope he bounces back though, he could be a good player for us.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I just don't get this signing. This guy dosen't bring any offense, isn't physical or fast, why are we bringing him in ahead of our talented kids in Providence.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I don’t think they want to have a legitimate prospect getting splinters in their ass. I think that would be the motivation behind this move. Why waste Cehlariks or Blidhs time as a 13 FW when they could continue to play regularly down in providence

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
not on board with this one - he's an expensive depth guy. handing out $1M contracts like oprah.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I don’t think they want to have a legitimate prospect getting splinters in their ass. I think that would be the motivation behind this move. Why waste Cehlariks or Blidhs time as a 13 FW when they could continue to play regularly down in providence

I’m sure they’d like the financial implications involved with being a 13th forward

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Boston’s turned Carolinas obscure bottom 6 players into serviceable dependable guys before.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
"I think my biggest asset as a player is my skating," said Nordstrom. "I know the Bruins want to play fast, so that is, obviously, something I can help with. Then, just on special teams, the last couple years, I played a lot of PK, so that's, obviously, something that I wanted to bring to the table, as well. I don't want to limit myself to just be a special-teams guy, so hopefully I can take my game to the next level here with the Bruins."

Getting to Know: Joakim Nordstrom

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
"I think my biggest asset as a player is my skating," said Nordstrom. "I know the Bruins want to play fast, so that is, obviously, something I can help with. Then, just on special teams, the last couple years, I played a lot of PK, so that's, obviously, something that I wanted to bring to the table, as well. I don't want to limit myself to just be a special-teams guy, so hopefully I can take my game to the next level here with the Bruins."

Getting to Know: Joakim Nordstrom

No, neither one is obvious. We'll see if you bring either thing to the table :naughty:

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
For some reason I am getting Kemppainen vibes from this. A guy who is physically present on the roster but you can watch a game and not actually know if he was playing or not or what he actually does shift in and shift out.

Hope Im wrong about him, willing to give him a shot atleast...nothing wrong with depth who can PK.

Reactions: BMC and BruinDust

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
After some thinking, I'm ' ok ' with this deal. I think he gives the team a bit of what they lost with Schaller ( 1.9 for two years with Vancouver ) on the ice and at a reduced cost on the balance sheet.

I hope one of the kids is hungry and talented enough to beat him out of roster spot, but if not, Nordstrom is there to do his role - preferably that's as the team's 13th forward but he is a legit NHL player.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
For some reason I am getting Kemppainen vibes from this. A guy who is physically present on the roster but you can watch a game and not actually know if he was playing or not or what he actually does shift in and shift out.

Hope Im wrong about him, willing to give him a shot atleast...nothing wrong with depth who can PK.

Don’t think I ever saw Kemppainen do this:

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Don’t think I ever saw Kemppainen do this:

hmm fair point..we never saw Kemppainen lose a fight in his entire storied NHL career...and that's why he is....AND STILLL THE REIGNING, UNDISPUTED, UNDEFEATED HEAVYWEIGHT NHL CHAMPION OF THE WORLD.....JOOOOOOOOOOONAS KempPAINen!!!

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad