Former Bruins Joakim Nordstrom

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Kuhlman and Senny gone or in the minors. Studnicka another year in the A or top 9 with us. Frederic can wait, hasn't shown me anything to make me think he can be an NHL regular.

Top line
JDB-Krejci-Kase
Bjork/Ritchie-Coyle-Stud/Bjork
Nordstrom-Kuraly-Wagner
Lindholm-Ritchie (if Stud makes the top 9)

I don't see anything wrong with that lineup? I mean, they had the best regular season in the NHL.
Our top line: post surgery, will continue to become ground down
2nd line: streaky, absent for long stretches, not jelled, jury out
3rd line: serviceable but ritchie sucks and Bjork jury out
4th line: weaker without Nordy.

We need better players

Reactions: LSCII

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
We should have re-signed him. I would rather have him as an extra forward than Lindholm. You can still incorporate the young kids into the lineup with his re-signing. Not good.

I've seen on here Studnicka moving to centre the 4th line and Kuraly moving to wing. I love that.

I thought Nordstrom was a solid player and did what he was asked of him. But I think we've got other players that could benefit from playing time.

I wish him the best in Calgary. Surprised he only got the league minimum.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Can you just imagine the kind of player Nick Ritchie could be if he had Nordstrom's work ethic & guts????? Wow.

Big Boy Nick better give it his all this off season and next season or else he and his bro will share a story of how one franchise cut their careers short

Reactions: BMC

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I know there was a rotating carousel on that fourth line, but that's because they all were contributing.

I hate to see Nordstrom go, especially at such a low cap hit. Maybe he didn't put up gaudy offensive numbers, but I was never nervous when the puck was on his stick.

I will also say that from what I could tell as a fan, his give-a-s**t meter was always very high, too.

I wish him well in Calgary.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I know there was a rotating carousel on that fourth line, but that's because they all were contributing.

I hate to see Nordstrom go, especially at such a low cap hit. Maybe he didn't put up gaudy offensive numbers, but I was never nervous when the puck was on his stick.

I will also say that from what I could tell as a fan, his give-a-s**t meter was always very high, too.

I wish him well in Calgary.

Me too. The Bruins are already short on guys that play tough, fully committed hockey with a strong defensive game and a willingness to push back against the opposition, and we've given up first Acciari and now Nordstrom in the space of little over a year. The 4th line suffered last season from Acciari's loss, and now has another hole to fill. Some people think you can basically just plug anyone into the 4th line and away you go, but it's not quite that simple. You want guys that both fit what that line is being asked to do, and will give the whole team some spark, energy and grit. Usually their PK ability is also important, and again Acciari and Nordy were very good in that area.

I get the philosophy - the team wants to see what the likes of Frederic, Studnicka and Senyshyn can do, and it's undeniable that the team has more than enough bottom 6 players. But I question why Lindholm has been retained when Nordy could clearly have been re-signed for similar value. I'm actually in the pro-Lindy camp - I thought he did a perfectly decent job as a fill-in 4C - but Nordstrom gave the team more and had that edge that's otherwise pretty lacking on the roster, so I'd rather have kept him.

But what's done is done. It's now on the prospects to step up, take their opportunity and not just match the performance of what's been given up, but bring the kind of commitment and passion that Nordy did. Same goes for Nick Ritchie really - he's obviously got more offensive talent and a bigger body that Joakim, but unless he starts to find a way to make better use of them on the ice for this team, he'll be contributing less for more money.

Reactions: BMC and Aeroforce

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Me too. The Bruins are already short on guys that play tough, fully committed hockey with a strong defensive game and a willingness to push back against the opposition, and we've given up first Acciari and now Nordstrom in the space of little over a year. The 4th line suffered last season from Acciari's loss, and now has another hole to fill. Some people think you can basically just plug anyone into the 4th line and away you go, but it's not quite that simple. You want guys that both fit what that line is being asked to do, and will give the whole team some spark, energy and grit. Usually their PK ability is also important, and again Acciari and Nordy were very good in that area.

I get the philosophy - the team wants to see what the likes of Frederic, Studnicka and Senyshyn can do, and it's undeniable that the team has more than enough bottom 6 players. But I question why Lindholm has been retained when Nordy could clearly have been re-signed for similar value. I'm actually in the pro-Lindy camp - I thought he did a perfectly decent job as a fill-in 4C - but Nordstrom gave the team more and had that edge that's otherwise pretty lacking on the roster, so I'd rather have kept him.

But what's done is done. It's now on the prospects to step up, take their opportunity and not just match the performance of what's been given up, but bring the kind of commitment and passion that Nordy did. Same goes for Nick Ritchie really - he's obviously got more offensive talent and a bigger body that Joakim, but unless he starts to find a way to make better use of them on the ice for this team, he'll be contributing less for more money.
All great points!

When the B's were clicking before the shutdown, Nordstrom, Wagner, Lindholm, and Kuraly were all contributing; so it was almost a shame one of them had to sit.

I get it, some of the prospects will now have to clear waivers; and just imagine if one of the botched draft picks is lost without compensation.;)

But I'm guessing next season will have a very condensed schedule and who knows what the status of the AHL will be?

So for a mere $700K they could have maintained some reliable, veteran depth.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
best of luck to nordstrom in calgary. an excellent 4th line player, was totally wrong about
him. never saw the sense in signing a guy for 1M for 2 years after scoring 1 goal. but he
was a warrior and nobody ate pucks on the PK like he did. that said, bruins have 98 capable
4th liners to fill in.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If there’s one thing management has done well over the past decade + it’s recycle 4th liners and rarely miss a beat.

he proved me wrong. I thought he was a nothing player when we signed him. Maybe Par Lindholm Can do the same

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
best of luck to nordstrom in calgary. an excellent 4th line player, was totally wrong about
him. never saw the sense in signing a guy for 1M for 2 years after scoring 1 goal. but he
was a warrior and nobody ate pucks on the PK like he did. that said, bruins have 98 capable
4th liners to fill in.

Bang on.

Guy came here, did his job and now we move on.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Lindholm is signed for another year, which is why he's coming back. When his contract is up, i suspect they'll move on from him too.

These are 4th liners and highly replaceable.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Frederic and Stud should be lining up for the team on the 4th line

Funny how Nordy ended up not pricing himself off the team as some quoted. Should have transplanted his heart and will to compete in Ritchie.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Nordy and Kuhlman gone, kids should be on the 4th line now. Maybe keep Kuraly but Wags can leave. Frederic and Stud should be lining up for the team.

Funny how Nordy ended up not pricing himself off the team as some quoted. Should have transplanted his heart and will to compete in Ritchie.

Bruins resigned Kuhlman, two years. Not a fan of the move personally.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Bruins resigned Kuhlman, two years. Not a fan of the move personally.

i like kuhlman in the bottom 6 (mostly 4RW but can slide up in a pinch), but wagner is already there.
good speed, smart, solid player for minimum salary.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
i like kuhlman in the bottom 6 (mostly 4RW but can slide up in a pinch), but wagner is already there.
good speed, smart, solid player for minimum salary.

He does have the 2 way for this season, so I can see it if they are going to keep him down there to avoid waiver eligibility and help the cap a little bit and wait till Lindholm, Blidh, and maybe Kuraly come off the books next season (Kuraly probably gets re-upped). They should know a little more about Frederic and Senyshyn by then as well. That Wagner deal just looks like more and more ass by the day.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Good luck to Nordy, I see he has a few friends on the Flames team. Still nice to open the spots up to some of the kids. Like to see Frederic get on the 4th line.

aguineapig

Good bye and thank you for your effort while you were here. You did the jersey proud in your time. Every time you blocked a shot or threw the body I always thought of Don Cherry and his chicken Swede schtick. It was thrown out the window the way you played. You didn't score a ton of goals but I'll always remember the seeing eye shot in Game 7 last year against the Leafs to start us rolling. You couldn't have been a truer warrior.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad