rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Its like we had two Kuraly out there tonight

Cant question this guys effort. Very good skater also

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I was arguing for Wagner to be in and not Nordstrom because I felt Wagner had more offensive upside.

Nordstrom flat out proved me wrong. And I'm happy to admit that.

If Wagner wasn’t likely injured I would argued hard on your side

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
When Wagner recovers, I would play Nordstrom over Johansson. More jam.

What? LOL

I'm a big fan of Nords and Wagner however the coaches will determine the line-up based on success past series and play first game against Blue Jackets.

Backes and Wagner may very well enter the series however the bruins will not be changing anything entering this series. Maybe Clifton draws in but thats about it.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Nice to see Nordstrom found himself a role/fit with NHL team and has run with it

Hope he continues to have success for you guys

I wouldn't go that far, he was a healthy scratch just a few games ago.

But he played a heck of game last night, and for that he should be commended.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I wouldn't go that far, he was a healthy scratch just a few games ago.

But he played a heck of game last night, and for that he should be commended.

He's been effective all year...never understood why some fans couldn't accept him. My gut tells me some fans are pro Backes warping their judgement.

Two different players and for this series Nords was needed for his smarts/speed/pk ability.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He's been effective all year...never understood why some fans couldn't accept him. My gut tells me some fans are pro Backes warping their judgement.

Two different players and for this series Nords was needed for his smarts/speed/pk ability.

Sorry he's an awful offensive player, that's why some fans give him a hard time (as they should). Has nothing to do with being pro-Backes.

He had a good game last night, he was good in Game 6 as well. In this series like you said his assets (skating/fore-checking) we're absolutely needed. Next series well see. I would at least start with him in the line-up.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i liked him early in the year. thought after the broken leg, he came back and looked slower.
great job last night by nordy. that's how you win in the playoffs. 4 freakin goals from the bottom 6.

Reactions: TwineTickler

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When they signed him I was underwhelmed

Dom called me that Sunday and says Reed of the 3 Amigos spoke to him and said excellent under the radar signing - great defensively and high hockey I.Q. you can trust in close games late protecting a lead

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Nice call from November 8

Thanks, but this was not exactly Nostradamus-like. I think it was when people were shitting on Nordstrom while he was being horribly miscast as a Top 6 player?

He’s a good 4th liner when he’s skating. As good as he was last night, it would not shock me if he was replaced against the bigger Jackets lineup by a Backes or Wagner.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
When they signed him I was underwhelmed

Don called me that Sunday and says Reed of the 3 Amigos spoke to him and said excellent under the radar signing - great defensively and high hockey I.Q. you can trust in close games late protecting a lead

He pretty much never makes a bad decision with the puck in his own end and never stops working out there. 5 goals a year, whatever, that isn't what he's there for. He's a great penalty killer too.

Reactions: DKH

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He’s been much better than I expected. Ideally, I would like to see him on the 4th line because I think him being there elevates that line.
playing with more physicality than in the regular season too, his speed is just ridiculous, the pts he`s contributed are simply a massive bonus

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
That, and he randomly puts a clutch goal in just when you least expect it, because despite the rocks he has for hands, he's completely unafraid to crash the net and sometimes he just gets the bounce.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That, and he randomly puts a clutch goal in just when you least expect it, because despite the rocks he has for hands, he's completely unafraid to crash the net and sometimes he just gets the bounce.
plays simple and come playoff time, that`s what often matters most

Reactions: SImpelton

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Good series overall, but a terrible game 6. If everyone is healthy up front I look at putting in Noel Acciari for him in game one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad