Player Discussion Joakim Nordström

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
After a so-so season, he has really raised his game since the beginning of the Columbus series. I didn't think he had it in him, it's been great to watch.
Right there with you.

Columbus series he really turned a corner.

Last night he was on a mission to hit everything that moved. Loved it

Reactions: Trizz617

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
this guy is really PJ Axelsson part 2

2 assists last night. Probably the best bargain at 1 million flat per season

Reactions: Blowfish

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Tied his regular season production as far as assists go, has a real shot at matching his point totals. Third and fourth line has been absolutely huge. ”One-line team”, pfft!

Deadline acquisitions in the bottom six don’t need to cost an arm and a leg to make a huge difference when it sets everyone in their intended roles. Also helps mitigate losses like Wagner’s injury. Now that the first line has woken up, we barely even need the second line to play +/- 0 hockey. Hope they can pick it up as well, though, especially Jake who had a somewhat rough game last night.

Reactions: Blowfish

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think it was Reed Duthie that was all over this signing in the offseason. It took a little while, but he’s played his best hockey in the postseason.

think you are right, certainly recall one of the amigos really liking this guy to fill out a spot on the bottom 6 and be a contributor on the PK

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He is the most used PK guy on the team, blocking shots and getting into positions to ice the puck. Tied for 8th on the Bruins in pts and 12th overall in the playoffs is bonus territory and the haters wanted him sat, lol. Kuraly has 9 pts and the other 2 combined for 6 total, The 4 of them are great 4th line contributors.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
this guy is really PJ Axelsson part 2

2 assists last night. Probably the best bargain at 1 million flat per season

I have to give that one to Kuraly who drives that line, but Nordstrom is right after him.

I can't think of a Bruin over the 25 years I have been following the team who has raised his game by as wide a margin as Nordstrom has and for such a sustained period of time in the playoffs. Just amazing stuff.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I'll admit when they signed Nordy, I was pretty underwhelmed, mostly because I couldn't remember ever hearing his name before he was signed.

Well, the Joak is on me. (Yes I've been waiting a long time to use that one.) He's willing to do anything for the team, and makes a good fourth liner.

Plus, we now have the Krejci and Nordy goon show. What's not to love? :laugh:

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He's such an easy guy to root for. The sneaky tough and gritty Swede. He must have taken some fighting lessons, he knew what he was doing there.

If he can get his game back to where it was last playoffs, he'll be a lock. A few good bottom six NHL players are going to be watching from the pressbox. Tough calls to be made by Cassidy.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
God, those punches were savage last night! Never thought I'd see a Nordstrom fight, but there you go. It was fun. He won't make a habit of it and I wouldn't expect him to.

Great game from him last night. When he's putting forth that kind of effort you really notice it

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'll admit when they signed Nordy, I was pretty underwhelmed, mostly because I couldn't remember ever hearing his name before he was signed.

Well, the Joak is on me. (Yes I've been waiting a long time to use that one.) He's willing to do anything for the team, and makes a good fourth liner.

Plus, we now have the Krejci and Nordy goon show. What's not to love? :laugh:

B's need to add more of these rugged European players.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I love how he plays when the games get rough. He really is a tough mofo. He is a great bottom line guy. Last night as the game got more intense so did he.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad