Post-Game Talk: Jets Win against Wings 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Byfuglien became the 14th player in NHL history drafted in the 8th round or later to score 500 points . Sorry Boys

tumblr_ph8khjD1Hz1xkok61o1_400.jpg

tumblr_ph8khjD1Hz1xkok61o2_400.jpg
tumblr_ph8khjD1Hz1xkok61o3_400.jpg

always will be my boy Buff! you single handely destroyed the Canucks on our way to the first Cup this city has seen in 50 years...sucks you aren't here anymore, but so damn happy Winnipeg is the place you call home now!!​

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Wheeler is currently on pace for 75 points, and I believe his points per game has been increasing lately. This ongoing narrative that he isn't producing is false and getting tiresome.

Same with promoting Broissant to #1 and, unbelievably, some talk of trading Hellebuyck? Crazy talk. Broissant has been a pleasant surprise but he hasn't even faced one playoff team yet.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Wheeler is currently on pace for 75 points, and I believe his points per game has been increasing lately. This ongoing narrative that he isn't producing is false and getting tiresome.

Same with promoting Broissant to #1 and, unbelievably, some talk of trading Hellebuyck? Crazy talk. Broissant has been a pleasant surprise but he hasn't even faced one playoff team yet.

Most of those points are coming on the PP. He has 2 points at 5 on 5 and if you take into account icetime by looking at the P/60 rate, no forward other than Laine and Lemieux have a worse 5 on 5 P/60 than him.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Most of those points are coming on the PP. He has 2 points at 5 on 5 and if you take into account icetime by looking at the P/60 rate, no forward other than Laine and Lemieux have a worse 5 on 5 P/60 than him.
Traditionally wheeler is a very slow starter. Last year was exeption

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
solution for tomorrows game.

ehlers shief wheeler
connor little laine
perrault lowry tanev
lemuiex copp roslovic

run 4 lines cus wheeler is close to his senior discounts and tired from playing 25 min a night and making stupid decicions when hes tired.

roslovic is struggling playing center and copp is better at center than he is on the wing.. just for this game any ways then send roslovic down to play center on moose first line cus 5 mins a night is not how u develope a #2 center

we ran 4 lines last year and it gave us the energy to play a harrassing forechecking game that caused havoc for the other teams d men we are now trying to be to soft and reach for pucks instead of finishing our checks

Reactions: ocdaddy

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I left after the 1st to watch the Warrior game, how did we do? First period was a stinker, boring game?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

He has 6 pp points and 4 even strength points. Its acceptible for Ovie, Hall, McDavid, Backstrom etc etc to have half their points or more from the PP but not Wheeler? Anyone saying bench those guys?

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck < 0.910 and Jets are 7-3-1. That's a pleasant surprise.

Don't hold your breath over that Whileee, as 2 of those wins are from Brossoit. When Helle has been tested this year, he has not looked good. Brossoit has outplayed him "so far"--by quite a wide margin at .955 SP %. Hope Helle regains his last years .925 SP % form.

I say "be smart'--Jet's go with Brossoit in Toronto --they are fast, have great scorers and dominated us last game. Brossoit is hot right now--so let's ride him. This TO game will be a really tough game --and I think TO will win, as they are playing better right now. Scheif and Wheeler are not hitting their spots, and Toronto's big guns are. TO is also getting great Goaltending this year, as they did last year.

Don't get me wrong --I'm pulling for the Jets all the way, but they have to get Laine going, and Ehlers, and the 1st line-- for us to beat these guys, and have great .925 Goaltending from Helle, if he plays. It will be a nailbiter of a game.

I'm quite sure Maurice starts Helle-- but I think he should go with Brossoit --the guy is playing out of his mind--"ride him now." He had 40 shots again vs Detroit, and stood tall., and he won that game for us !!!

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
He has 6 pp points and 4 even strength points. Its acceptible for Ovie, Hall, McDavid, Backsrom etc etc to have half their points or more from the PP but not Wheeler? Anyone saying bench those guys?
anyone saying bench wheeler is a moron.. but i am saying manage his minutes better because he makes bad judgment mistakes when he gets tired. thats on the coach though

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017

Don't hold your breath over that Whileee, as 2 of those wins are from Brossoit. When Helle has been tested this year, he has not looked good. Brossoit has outplayed him "so far"--by quite a wide margin at .925 SP %. Hope Helle regains his last years .925 form.

I say "be smart'--Jet's go with Brossoit in Toronto --they are fast, have great scorers and dominated us last game. Brossoit is hot right now--so let's ride him. This TO game will be a really tough game --and I think TO will win, as they are playing better right now. Scheif and Wheeler are not hitting their spots, and Toronto's big guns are. TO is also getting great Goaltending this year, as they did last year.

Don't get me wrong --I'm pulling for the Jets all the way, but they have to get Laine going, and Ehlers, and the 1st line-- for us to beat these guys, and have great .925 Goaltending from Helle, if he plays. It will be a nailbiter of a game.

I'm quite sure Maurice starts Helle-- but I think he should go with Brossoit --the guy is playing out of his mind--"ride him now." He had 40 shots again vs Detroit, and stood tall., and he won that game for us !!!
play a goalie back to back when he have the veznia runner up from last year who we are paying over 5 million for? naw give helle his redemtion game and let him fight it out. how many times do backups play out of their minds only to fall back to reality .. andrew hammond comes to mind

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Don't hold your breath over that Whileee, as 2 of those wins are from Brossoit. When Helle has been tested this year, he has not looked good. Brossoit has outplayed him "so far"--by quite a wide margin at .955 SP %. Hope Helle regains his last years .925 form.

Helle did the same thing for the Jets last season, stole at least 3 wins out of the first 10, crazy how short peoples memories are.

Starting a goalie in consecutive games on a b2b is historically a nightmare, not a good plan at all.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He has 6 pp points and 4 even strength points. Its acceptible for Ovie, Hall, McDavid, Backstrom etc etc to have half their points or more from the PP but not Wheeler? Anyone saying bench those guys?

He only has 2 points at 5 on 5. 6 PP points and 1 EN Goal. I assume the unaccounted for point was also an EN situation.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
play a goalie back to back when he have the veznia runner up from last year who we are paying over 5 million for? naw give helle his redemtion game and let him fight it out. how many times do backups play out of their minds only to fall back to reality .. andrew hammond comes to mind

I hear what your saying 204 -- but I'd go with Brossoit right now, until he falters, and then put in Helle. This is a critical game--we have to send the Leafs a message, that's there's another big dog on the block. If Helle does play --I hope we see last years Helle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad