Post-Game Talk: Jets Win against Wings 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Who did jump on Wheeler?

I really can't get you, dude. I carefully explained why PP1 doesn't work and how that's all on coaching. When PP1 is static and puck is not moving, there will not be other than garbage passes for Laine. But if you think that's "jumping on Wheeler", I don't think what to say.

It's not Wheeler's fault that puck is not moving on PP1 and that it's so predictable. It's all on coaching decisions. And if it indeed is Wheeler who has decided how PP1 plays, then even that is all on coaching as they should decide how things are going. They should do video analysis and find out things that are not working and fix them. You would expect that on highest level (NHL) the coaching is also highest level, but if it's indeed just players themselves deciding what to do on PP, things are going not very well on the Jets organization.

This says it all, I really have nothing else to add.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I think people are letting the goal totals impact their thoughts on the team. We all know they haven't been as good as they can but we are also shooting a very low 6.2% at ES which puts us bottom 6 in league. Given our talent I would not expect that to continue for much longer.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I thought is was funny how Wheeler has taken that in close glove high shot about 50 times already this year - he gets that chance many times per game on the powerplay and shoots muffins right into keepers gloves every time. Buf scores on his first shot of the year like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scheifelaine

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I thought is was funny how Wheeler has taken that in close glove high shot about 50 times already this year - he gets that chance many times per game on the powerplay and shoots muffins right into keepers gloves every time. Buf scores on his first shot of the year like that.

Buff tends to miss those shots frequently. When they go in he looks like a sniper but more often then not they are high and wide.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
helle is flat out being outplayed right now. if he lays an egg against toronto chevy should start working the phones and trade him before he becomes pavs 2.0

Through 8 games he is 4-3-1, .907. You are going to give him 1 more game and then throw him on the scrap heap? A bit quick, don't you think?

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Buff tends to miss those shots frequently. When they go in he looks like a sniper but more often then not they are high and wide.

Yeah, Buff's shooting reminds me of this. :)

bgthq2_8924.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
If it was a random 8 game stretch in the middle of the season I would agree, but its at the beginning of the year where goalies have had the summer to work on their games (or get lazy and regress). Helle made big improvements last summer by changing goalie coaches and played better as a result. Brossoit also played on a terrible defensive team last year. So far he has looked great. It would be foolish to ignore his hot start. With forwards and defense the players move up and down the lines based on their play. Lowry deserves more icetime based on his play and Laine deserves less. It should be no different for goalies. If Helle plays poorly tonight Brossoit should start the next game.

Hellebuyck had a .907 8 game stretch early last year -- actually of a possible 60 8-game stretches that could be measured out of 67 games, he had 9 stretches of .907 or less -- and he went on to be a runner up for the Vezina.

Two of those 8 games stretches came later in the year during the time when the team was relatively on fire. I'm sure you remember them because you were calling for his head every game.

Variance doesn't magically become more or less of an issue at certain times of the year, that's why it's f***ing variance.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I think people are letting the goal totals impact their thoughts on the team. We all know they haven't been as good as they can but we are also shooting a very low 6.2% at ES which puts us bottom 6 in league. Given our talent I would not expect that to continue for much longer.

A perfect example of this is Laine. His play has been inconsistent but he is getting looks every game and the puck just isn’t finding the net.

Wheeler needs to shoot for rebounds. If he shoots another high and wide shot on the PP I’m gonna blow a freakin gasket. Last night he shot low and got his own rebound and Connor was Johnny on the spot for the goal.

ulf

Sep 21, 2002
sandy hook
Visit site
7 3 1 and still only running on 4 cylinders. Thks goodness for Broissart and his 3 wins. Thought Wheeler looked good last night on the PP but Connor was weak on the low post and Laine seemed just outside his sweet spot all PP long. Not much full effort yet......saving themselves for Apr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad