Confirmed with Link: Lindy Ruff named Head Coach, Press Conference at 1:00 PM EDT

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
We've been alternating

Rolston (noob)
Bylsma (retread)
Housley (noob)
Snake Oil (retread)
Granato (noob)
Krueger didnt really have much experience in the NHL, maybe oiling soccer balls in the UK

(not even 1 full season since it was the lockout 2012-13)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Fortunately we were looking for someone with pedigree

Ruff?
1714319747479.png

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I missed this news. Initial impression is it feels like groundhog day. If it doesn't work out next season, at least we can fire still Adams, hire Darcy Regier, resurrect Rick Jeanneret, and finally make the playoffs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So with each firing there are both more candidates and also more openings. Neither Quinn nor Hakstol seem like a fit in Buffalo but I do wonder at how Lindy would do with a team running three lines of forechecking forwards and some emerging centers in Berniers and Wright looking at his work in NJ.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Ruff on Dahlin - Said he gave Dahlin his number and then Dahlin called him to talk hockey for over an hour.
Ruff on Power/Cozens/Byram - all in to skate to stay ready for the WC's, had a chance to speak to them all.
My heart is swooning.

Dahlin wants it. They better get this one right, but that'll be another guy that's guaranteed to succeed somewhere, and it won't be here.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My heart is swooning.

Dahlin wants it. They better get this one right, but that'll be another guy that's guaranteed to succeed somewhere, and it won't be here.

Coming up on six years since they "won" the lottery to stay put and select him in the draft, one of the few happy moments I had in 2018. And here we are six years, two GM's and now four coaches into his career...

Reactions: SabresFan26

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Coming up on six years since they "won" the lottery to stay put and select him in the draft, one of the few happy moments I had in 2018. And here we are six years, two GM's and now four coaches into his career...
Kevin Adams just now finally decided that the team is ready to be competitive. Let's hope he didn't wait too long.

Reactions: Chainshot

beerme1

Jun 27, 2011
Call me fair weather then. I've supported this team since the early 80s. Everyone has their breaking point, be it with a sports team, significant other, job, whatever. I'm not saying I'm ditching for another team like the other guy. But I'm not invested like I once was. I'm in the prove it and I'll come back stage now.

Fair enough. But you have to be open to Lindy. He's perfectly qualified to come and fix this shit. I'm sure the players will buy in.

Reactions: Dingo44

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
I'm glad Lindy Ruff is back. After years of feeling this team has been led on a long, wandering, clueless journey through the wilderness, I am looking forward to next season. We have the talent. We just need the vision and discipline to implement that vision. I truly believe we will make the playoffs next year and surprise people. Time to kick this thing into gear! ...back to lurking...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad