Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Always nice having you around man
tumblr_ph5wvm2D4q1xkok61o1_400.jpg

Chris "Nature Boy" Kunitz

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I must have read the standings incorrectly. From the tone here we must be 3-7-1. Can someone provide a link to the tank thread?:sarcasm:

Bear in mind that even though the Any Given Sunday factor in hockey is very significant, the fact that we didn't beat Detroit 143,173 to negative 1 means that we're going to be relocated to Atlanta tomorrow.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Brossoit could be the jets Dunbyk. A goalie that just comes out of nowhere and starts dominating. Chevy needs to put their ego aside and realize we may be witnessing history with Brossoit. Play him until he cools off. If he comes back down to earth oh well....but if he is the real deal he deserves to start over helle moving forward.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kratti

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Yes, and that's why despite being on the road, we were the significantly better team for the significant majority of the game, and the game result reflected this.
Well, you asked "if nobody played well, how did we dominate for the majority of the game?" and I gave you a reason for that. Which on your recent reply seems you already agreed with? Strange. Much better quality can always win on a single individual effort alone, like Buff's solo goal today shows.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
But 2 points is 2 points. Keeps pace.

Hope the Jets shine on Hockey Night in Canada.

I'm glad they won but still concerned about the Jets. They only scored 2 goals against the worst team in the league and won by the slimmest of margins. Meanwhile you have the Penguins march into Calgary and destroy the Flames 9-1 last night. I'm sure we all thought the Jets would be lighting up the lamp this year but instead it's been a struggle. Not really looking forward to what awaits them in Toronto tomorrow night.

:jets

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Brossoit could be the jets Dunbyk. A goalie that just comes out of nowhere and starts dominating. Chevy need to put their ego aside and realize we may be witnessing history with Brossoit. Play him until he cools off. If he comes back down to earth oh well....but if he is the real deal he deserves to start over helle moving forward.

Didn't Helle do the same thing last year? I dunno I think we've got 2 good goalies which is what we want

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Hopefully Ottawa can hold on in Colorado tonight. They're starting to dole out powerplays to the home team...

But hey- second place for now!

Reactions: bustamente

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Bear in mind that even though the Any Given Sunday factor in hockey is very significant, the fact that we didn't beat Detroit 143,173 to negative 1 means that we're going to be relocated to Atlanta tomorrow.
I lost 20k Canadian coins because those bums couldn't hit an empty net.

BullLund

Dec 28, 2017
Didn't Helle do the same thing last year?

Indeed he did. Mason was supposed to be a starter, but Helle quickly took over his duties due to Mason's performances.

I would give Brossoit the same opportunities that Helle was given.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Well, you asked "if nobody played well, how did we dominate for the majority of the game?" and I gave you a reason for that. Which on your recent reply seems you already agreed with? Strange. Much better quality can always win on a single individual effort alone, like Buff's solo goal today shows.

Which, on my recent reply, shows that in fact more than zero Jets played well this game. The balance of play did not reflect a team on which zero players played well. The final score did not reflect a team of which zero players played well.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Nah, Mo’s goin back to 16-17 .908 Helly!

Yeah your right Sip "unfortunately"- but if I were coach, I'd play Brossoit, and send a message to Helle at the same time. Helle has got to be sharper, especially now that he's sleeping in his silk pajamas, and making $ 6 mil per year. He's getting to comfortable, and I'd like to see him get the intensity back in his game. " Play Brossoit"--you can't go wrong with a .950% SP Goaltender.

Last edited:
Reactions: sipowicz

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Brossoit could be the jets Dunbyk. A goalie that just comes out of nowhere and starts dominating. Chevy and stubborn helle groupies need to put their ego aside and realize we may be witnessing history with Brossoit. Play him until he cools off. If he comes back down to earth oh well....but if he is the real deal he deserves to start over helle moving forward.

I'll have to keep reminding you that variance for goalies is through the roof. For any consecutive 15 game stretch, a league average goalie has a 1-in-6 chance THROUGH SHEER LUCK ALONE of playing at a Vezina level. What does this tell you about your eight game sample? Not only that it's worth monumentally less than the 65 game sample last year, but it's worthless, period.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
Jets look like "shit" and still among the top of the league? At what point do we look "good"

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Post-game:

Players - Laurent Brossoit, Kyle Connor & Brandon Tanev.

Coach Maurice post-game scrum topics: On the Jets power play. Thoughts overall on how the team played tonight in Detroit. Dustin Byfuglien's 500th NHL point. On the play that Chiarot made to Byfuglien to set up the goal. On Tanev being willing to block. On the play of Brossoit. On his decision to flip Laine and Perreault. Did he feel the 1st period was a slow start? Getting another crack at the Leafs.

To listen click here.

Reactions: Guardian17

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
My biggest concern is the play of the first line - I blame Wheeler's play - he looks old out there.
I know he starts slow, but this year, he's redefining slow.
The first line needs to be much better - Wheeler needs to get back on his horse because without his "get up and go", he's average at best.
Fix that and the rest will take care of itself.

Scheif needs Wheels more than I thought he did -

I purposely left Laine out of this post - I honestly don't know what to do with him - he's lost out there and looks like he's playing in a league he doesn't belong in - it's that bad.
Guess I didn't really leave him out but I wanted to - I feel for the guy at this point.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Brossoit could be the jets Dunbyk. A goalie that just comes out of nowhere and starts dominating. Chevy need to put their ego aside and realize we may be witnessing history with Brossoit. Play him until he cools off. If he comes back down to earth oh well....but if he is the real deal he deserves to start over helle moving forward.
Easy there. 3 games.

Reactions: KB1971

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Jets look like "****" and still among the top of the league? At what point do we look "good"

We look visually **** but standingsly good?

Laine has been an elite player at every level for long enough — despite his youth — that I expect him to burst out of whatever slump he’s in. As we say back home, “form is temporary, but class is permanent.”

Last edited:

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg

Yeah your right Sip "unfortunately"- but if I were coach, I'd play Brossoit, and send a message to Helle at the same time. Helle has got to be sharper, especially now that he's sleeping in his silk pajamas, and making $ 6 mil per year. He's getting to comfortable, and I'd like to see him get the intensity back in his game. " Play Brossoit"--you can't go wrong with a .940% SP Goaltender.

Prior to the 2017-18 season, Helle spent the summer working on a new training regimen which resulted in such a stellar season. Maybe this summer he went back to the old one. :dunno:

Reactions: GNP

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Prior to the 2017-18 season, Helle spent the summer working on a new training regimen which resulted in such a stellar season. Maybe this summer he went back to the old one. :dunno:

Or maybe it's just a ridiculously short sample size this year in what's probably the most variance-addled position in pro sports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad