Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is KV starting to heat up a bit with the Moose? Another goal today and 4 SOG.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Exactly what I was expecting, actually. I'll be pleasantly surprised if it's Niku.

My sarcasm emoji notwithstanding, it's what I would expect as well. And honestly, if the call-ups are just going to sit in the PB while Potato/Potahto play, maybe best to leave Niku on the Moose anyway.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
0 points in 6 games for Heinola and a demotion to the second pairing since returning to Finland. Anybody watching him play have any insight on how he's looking?

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
0 points in 6 games for Heinola and a demotion to the second pairing since returning to Finland. Anybody watching him play have any insight on how he's looking?

Who does that team have playing on their first pairing? We might be able to use them.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Could send him over at the expense of about 20 minutes of ice time with the Jets over the holidays i think he goes.

I think it would be good development for him. The question would be, do we have a replacement 4C available? That might be a good time to give Harkins a look. Give his improvement a little recognition and encouragement too. Meantime, get Spacek into a game or send him back to the Moose.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I think it would be good development for him. The question would be, do we have a replacement 4C available? That might be a good time to give Harkins a look. Give his improvement a little recognition and encouragement too. Meantime, get Spacek into a game or send him back to the Moose.
It may or may not be good for Gus' development but I'd hazard a guess the last thing he wants to do is go to the WJC. He has represented his county many times internationally including last year's WJC, and while no doubt he would be proud to do it again if he was playing in Sweden. But at this point in time he is playing in the NHL and wouldn't want to play in a junior tournament any more than any other junior age prospect playing the NHL. The thought of having another prospect audition for his roster spot for the better part of a month would probably be pretty unsettling for him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It may or may not be good for Gus' development but I'd hazard a guess the last thing he wants to do is go to the WJC. He has represented his county many times internationally including last year's WJC, and while no doubt he would be proud to do it again if he was playing in Sweden. But at this point in time he is playing in the NHL and wouldn't want to play in a junior tournament any more than any other junior age prospect playing the NHL. The thought of having another prospect audition for his roster spot for the better part of a month would probably be pretty unsettling for him.

You've got a point. Its not like he is in the AHL.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Boy that's a tough one. I remember when the Habs released Victor Mete to the world juniors, he really came back confident, from playing a significant role.

Playing big minutes might be good for him. The Jets have several options at centre, that they could use over a 2 week period. He's not irreplaceable. Only thing that has to be on the back of any GM's mind is the possibility of a significant injury during the tournament. I'm sure Gus likes being a pro, but this is also his last opportunity to be a national hero, that's a big deal for most kids.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am not a big fan of how we are developing Gus. He is 19 and that is still a very big development year for hockey players. I don’t think getting caved for 5-6 minutes a night on a really bad 4 line in the NHL is the best path for him personally. I am not necessarily saying send him to the world juniors but I would like to see him playing 17 to 2o minutes a night in a more prominent (offensive) role in a lesser league for this season and possibly next.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
I am not a big fan of how we are developing Gus. He is 19 and that is still a very big development year for hockey players. I don’t think getting caved for 5-6 minutes a night on a really bad 4 line in the NHL is the best path for him personally. I am not necessarily saying send him to the world juniors but I would like to see him playing 17 to 2o minutes a night in a more prominent (offensive) role in a lesser league for this season and possibly next.
Not that there aren't other guys they could use in his place, but I expect once one of Appleton or Little are available (is Spacek injured as well?) that he'll be back with the Moose for the year. Apples should be back pretty soon I'd think. Otherwise I completely agree. Much rather see him getting those higher minutes in a role we hope he develops into.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad