Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Well, wondering if Gus gets 10 games in the league?

Pretty solid bet. We have 13 F on the roster including Bourque. So I think everybody else plays, or at least dresses. That 4th line might get so little TOI that the official scorer doesn't even notice them. :laugh:

Reactions: SUX2BU

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Pretty solid bet. We have 13 F on the roster including Bourque. So I think everybody else plays, or at least dresses. That 4th line might get so little TOI that the official scorer doesn't even notice them. :laugh:

There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth in Jönköping. I'm sure they had Gus Sharpied in to their starting lineup this season. Was not expecting him to make the jump this year but good for him for seizing an opportunity that presented itself. Now, if he could just show a little scoring prowess...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, wondering if Gus gets 10 games in the league?
I would guess this is likely, but at the same time the organization probably doesn't care much if he uses up his first ELC season. He is not likely to ever put up the point totals for a big second contract. After his ELC he will get that incremental 2 year bridge and take it happily.

Reactions: SUX2BU

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
Blaisdell has 2 assists in tonight’s UND game. UND is up 7-1 with a minute to go. Finally put him on a good line.

I haven’t been by here in a few weeks and was asked about Blaisdell’s healthy scratch a couple weeks ago. Don’t make too much out of that. Coach had been switching lines like crazy. (Fans HATED the decision, for the record).

I’ll be at tomorrow’s UND game, so I’ll try to have some observations.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Blaisdell has 2 assists in tonight’s UND game. UND is up 7-1 with a minute to go. Finally put him on a good line.

I haven’t been by here in a few weeks and was asked about Blaisdell’s healthy scratch a couple weeks ago. Don’t make too much out of that. Coach had been switching lines like crazy. (Fans HATED the decision, for the record).

Thanks, good to hear it wasn't something disciplinary. Maybe I'm unduly high on a kid I've never actually seen play, but I just have this hunch he's going to turn out to be a steal. Of course, I'm known on this board for my unbridled optimism. :laugh:

And thanks for the continued reports.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Would love to get a Gallagher type from late in the draft. Scoring at roughly a PPG pace as an 18 year old freshman is very good. He also has the speed and tenacity.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg

I really like the kid. I think he’s going to be a good one. Your reports are much appreciated. I find less Peggers, including myself head down to watch UND hockey since the return of the Jets but it’s always a blast.

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
Thanks, good to hear it wasn't something disciplinary. Maybe I'm unduly high on a kid I've never actually seen play, but I just have this hunch he's going to turn out to be a steal. Of course, I'm known on this board for my unbridled optimism. :laugh:

And thanks for the continued reports.

No problem! I’ve been a fan of this kid for a while. He’s a little under the radar at UND, with Senators 2nd round pick Shane Pinto getting most of the hype and attention, but they are producing at about the same rate right now.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I seem to recall Crosby being out a very long time with one of his concussions. Has Foley been out longer than that?
Foley's been out since last preseason, can't recall exactly how long Crosby was out for but it's a long time to be out for his key development years, poor guy.
It indeed is concussions that he's dealing with. Failed his physical coming into this season.

Unrelated, does anyone have any information on why Austin Wong isn't playing for Harvard? Injury or can't crack the lineup?

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Don't know. Did it overlap from one season to the next? It is now well over a calendar year for Foley.

I think I recall him being hurt before the end of the season the prior year. Thought he was injured when he was traded but might be wrong, I have a hard time remembering what I had for breakfast. If so, that’s well over a year and a half of development. Timmins had a lengthy concussion as well and he’s back I think. It was a year for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad