Jets Prospects 2018-2019 Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Nikkanen with an assist brings him to 20 points in 21 games. Pretty impressive for an 18 year old 4th round pick that lost a lot of last season to injury. Also I keep forgetting how big the kid is. 6'4" 200 lbs is pretty hefty for an 18 year old.

sfo

Oct 13, 2008
Blaisdell gets an assist Thursday as the 13th forward, then is scratched entirely yesterday.

No points but 6 shots for Samberg in his return.

1 goal for Nathan Smith.

Blaisdell took a pretty dirty knee on knee in Thursday’s game on his first shift, didn’t play the rest of the period and eventually returned for the 2nd and 3rd. From what I was told, knee was a little sore yesterday so they decided better to not make it worse. He played great on Thursday.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Blaisdell took a pretty dirty knee on knee in Thursday’s game on his first shift, didn’t play the rest of the period and eventually returned for the 2nd and 3rd. From what I was told, knee was a little sore yesterday so they decided better to not make it worse. He played great on Thursday.
Great to hear! Thanks for the update!

EDIT: Great to hear that he's looking good and that it's just soreness, obviously.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It would be great if the Jets could pick up a strong prospect for 2C and a potential future top end RD in the next draft. With Wheeler playing so well at 2C, there isn't nearly the urgency to sell the farm for a 2C, the Jets have time to develop one. RD is a more urgent need if Buff is finished. In that case, perhaps they can use their cap space to acquire a good RD.

I'm optimistic about KVes developing into a solid winger for next season. Their bottoms 6 looks strong with the development of Harkins and Gus and Appleton. This is a strong future organizational depth chart.

C: Scheifele, Wheeler, Lowry, Little, Gus, Harkins, Spacek, Suess

LW: Ehlers, Connor, Copp, Perreault, KVes

RW: Laine, Roslovic, Appleton, Chibisov

LD: Morrissey, Heinola, Samberg, Stanley, Chisholm
RD: Buff, Pionk, Poolman, Kovacevic

G: Hellebuyck, Berdin

Reactions: Krauser and ps241

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Austin Wong still yet to play a game this season for Harvard, EP lists no injuries either. At what point do the consider a school transfer or a move to the CHL? Hard to develop if you are not playing games.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
It would be great if the Jets could pick up a strong prospect for 2C and a potential future top end RD in the next draft. With Wheeler playing so well at 2C, there isn't nearly the urgency to sell the farm for a 2C, the Jets have time to develop one. RD is a more urgent need if Buff is finished. In that case, perhaps they can use their cap space to acquire a good RD.

I'm optimistic about KVes developing into a solid winger for next season. Their bottoms 6 looks strong with the development of Harkins and Gus and Appleton. This is a strong future organizational depth chart.

Given up on Niku? I've got high hopes for Nikkanen and Smith as centers, a lot more than I have for Suess. Though Smith has been moved to RW for a couple games now.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Austin Wong still yet to play a game this season for Harvard, EP lists no injuries either. At what point do the consider a school transfer or a move to the CHL? Hard to develop if you are not playing games.
Yeah I was thinking that maybe he should go to the WHL but a Harvard degree is a hard thing to pass up, especially for a 7th round pick. He was drafted by Kootenay (now Winnipeg) but was traded to Lethbridge and as far as I can tell that's where his rights are now.

Reactions: JetsFan815

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg

Pretty thin at RW if Wheeler remains at C. Sure, Ehlers or Little can slide to RW, but I’d also like a strong RW prospect as well.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Yeah I was thinking that maybe he should go to the WHL but a Harvard degree is a hard thing to pass up, especially for a 7th round pick. He was drafted by Kootenay (now Winnipeg) but was traded to Lethbridge and as far as I can tell that's where his rights are now.
Probably transferred to the boxing program.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Pretty thin at RW if Wheeler remains at C. Sure, Ehlers or Little can slide to RW, but I’d also like a strong RW prospect as well.
I like the top 3 a lot. Filling in #4-6 RW in the organization shouldn't be that tough.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Given up on Niku? I've got high hopes for Nikkanen and Smith as centers, a lot more than I have for Suess. Though Smith has been moved to RW for a couple games now.
Oops. I forgot Niku. Makes the D look even better, and he can play RD.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
I’m listening to him on the radio

Obviously you have committed a crime against humanity and are being punished.

I did not mind Edmonds when he was calling Goldeyes games but listening to him on Jets telecasts makes my *** bleed.
Just my opinion but he comes across as arrogant and as if he's running the whole show by himself. Can't stand him.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
I like the top 3 a lot. Filling in #4-6 RW in the organization shouldn't be that tough.
Roslovic is still a question for me. Is he a 30+ pt player, a 40+ pt player, or something more?

I'm not sure he is more than a 40 pt player. And that’s playing in a top 6 role with strong offensive players. I would like a prospect with a higher ceiling.

Appleton is a bit part and easily replaceable. I’m not as high on him as you are. We need more.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Roslovic is still a question for me. Is he a 30+ pt player, a 40+ pt player, or something more?

I'm not sure he is more than a 40 pt player. And that’s playing in a top 6 role with strong offensive players. I would like a prospect with a higher ceiling.

Appleton is a bit part and easily replaceable. I’m not as high on him as you are. We need more.
A 40 pt guy playing there all season or like now? Where Wheeler gets back in next 20. He’s looked as good as Ehlers so pts aren’t far behind.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
A 40 pt guy playing there all season or like now? Where Wheeler gets back in next 20. He’s looked as good as Ehlers so pts aren’t far behind.
We shall see. If he does put up points great. But he has yet to have done that. Which has me slotting him as our 3rd best RW.

And has me wondering if we need another RW prospect with top 6 potential, if Roslovic doesn’t reach that points level.

Edit: He’s scored 11 pts in 26 games, so far. On pace for 34 pts. Same points as Copp, a player described by many as not having the scoring chops to play in the top 6. Think we need to see how this goes, but not forget we may need another RW prospect too, IMO.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
We shall see. If he does put up points great. But he has yet to have done that. Which has me slotting him as our 3rd best RW.

And has me wondering if we need another RW prospect with top 6 potential, if Roslovic doesn’t reach that points level.

Edit: He’s scored 11 pts in 26 games, so far. On pace for 34 pts. Same points as Copp, a player described by many as not having the scoring chops to play in the top 6. Think we need to see how this goes, but not forget we may need another RW prospect too, IMO.
He has points in last 2 of 3 games and set Wheeler up last game. He’s fine. That second line has been our best line and he has been part of it. Mainly him and Ehlers. Gaining more confidence don’t know what more you could want.

Reactions: hn777

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
For those with a subscription to the Athletic a great prospect report from Murat. He did a lot of home work talking to people inside and outside the organization plus his own thoughts and projections.

Jets prospect report: What Winnipeg lacks in depth it makes...

OK, I've been meaning to point this out for some time.

If you have a subscription to the Athletic, you will already have read this. That's why you subscribe to the f***ing Athletic. And if you don't, you can't read it. So, what's the point in posting links to Athletic articles?

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
He has points in last 2 of 3 games and set Wheeler up last game. He’s fine. That second line has been our best line and he has been part of it. Mainly him and Ehlers. Gaining more confidence don’t know what more you could want.
Let’s see how it goes. And see how he does against the top teams in the Central.

Roslovic has been very pedestrian in his scoring. He also had a hat trick last year. But finished with 9 goals. Until he shows me consistent scoring for a longer period of time, I’ll question whether he can do it. I’m not sold yet.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Nikkanen with an assist brings him to 20 points in 21 games. Pretty impressive for an 18 year old 4th round pick that lost a lot of last season to injury. Also I keep forgetting how big the kid is. 6'4" 200 lbs is pretty hefty for an 18 year old.

Future Shunned Finn on the Moose?

Good to see. I really liked his game when I watched him post-draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad